PDA

View Full Version : zombie apocalypse ?

CHICHARITZHI
08-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Do u guys have survival kit to kill the zombie ? post ur tools here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUupAxCknOE&feature=related

BigMass
08-04-2011, 11:09 PM
kill the zombies? shoot, i'd wanna help 'em

CHICHARITZHI
08-05-2011, 12:15 AM
believer is always prepared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9k-wbkeYSU&feature=related

SJW
08-05-2011, 06:59 AM
I have a ham sammich and an sks rifle with 2000 rounds of ammo. I'm ok.

civic_stylez
08-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by SJW
I have a ham sammich and an sks rifle with 2000 rounds of ammo. I'm ok.

LOVE the SKS... im sharpening the axe, cutting the barrels on the 12 gauges and welding the armor and cages on the jeep... a little metallica in the cd player and im set.:D

RY213
08-05-2011, 07:58 AM
These zombie jokes are fucking stupid...

n1zm0
08-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Besides the CDC, the US Army Times had coverage on it, 'semi-serious' lol

http://www.armytimes.com/offduty/health/offduty-zombie-war-deployment-guide-072611/

of course fictional, this 'manual' is a fun read tho:

FM 999-3 COUNTER-ZOMBIE OPERATIONS AT THE FIRETEAM LEVEL (http://www.box.net/shared/154kr4e0vz)

flipstah
08-05-2011, 09:14 AM
If there's a zombie apocalypse, shouldn't you utilize weapons that are longer-lasting (i.e. not bullets?)

Axe, hatchets, swords, metal bat... Just wonderin'

codetrap
08-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
If there's a zombie apocalypse, shouldn't you utilize weapons that are longer-lasting (i.e. not bullets?)

P90
Five-Seven
Crossbow
Katana
Butterfly Swords

And when all else fails.. a coupe of frag grenades

Kloubek
08-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Because with those you have to get up close and personal.
I mean... think about it. Do you REALLY want to be just a couple of feet away from something so dangerous? If you had to defend yourself against something in real like... like say... a bear... would you rather have a hatchet and get right up to it, or a shotgun - where you can shoot 5 slugs at it before it reaches you.

...Just wonderin'.

403Gemini
08-05-2011, 10:35 AM

You want to use something with good accuracy and reliable for a gun, so a rifle. Also a side arm doesn't help but it won't be the best weapon with limited ammo and limited stopping power.

Usually, you want to keep a strong melee weapon that would require not a whole lot of strength to swing and would require minimal upkeep - ideally a crowbar is your best bet since its a multipurpose tool, damn near indestructible, and easy enough to swing around. You swing a sledgehammer and you miss... the zombie will get you. Hatchet doesn't have a big enough blade, and swords/axes require a lot of up keep with whetstones to keep them ideally as sharp as you would need... and again are fairly heavy to lug around.

Ideally, stealth is your best friend. So using a bike to get around, along with a crossbow to avoid noise is your best bet... also you can reclaim your ammo with a crossbow.... it's just not that great when there's more than 2-3 coming at you.

Tomaz
08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
My loadout:
Mossberg 500 Marine 12-gauge
Ruger SR-22
Buckmark .22 pistol
Baton

.22 and shot shells will be easy to find and store. In fact, between 4 friends and myself, we have about 9000 rounds of .22 and about 800 rounds of shot shells. And that is just to go camping this weekend! lol

I like the sailboat idea that was mentioned. Seems like a viable and safe form of transport! It could be possible to find a small island to keep sustainable shelter.

Not gonna lie, if the world ends, I am hoping it is through zombie apocalypse. :D :guns:

BigDannyCool
08-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm thinking a mace would be a pretty good close combat weapon

180drft
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
My Load out

Smith and Wesson 15-22 AR, Trojan flip up irons, Trijicon ACOG (cost more than the damn rifle lol), 150 round drum mag and a Vertical grip.

Good ol Ithica 12 ga.

Mossberg 500 persuader 20 GA.

.22 Smith and Wesson 6-shooter

Like Tomaz stated, .22 and shottys are cheeeap and plentyful

Kavy
08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
My Load Out

http://www.lifenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rosieodonnel.jpg

Why not have something that will eat everything including zombies. Ultimate weapon.

-relk-
08-05-2011, 03:14 PM
It depends what kind of zombies we are talking about.

Fast zombies like in 28 days later, well I am pretty sure most of us are screwed... But I would definitley use a shotgun or something of the sort, I would waste way too many rounds with an AR.

Slow zombies (which would most likely be the case, considering much of our population is overweight), I would use a couple lightweight melee weapons (namely a crowbar and possible a metal baseball bat) and a shotgun as well.

IMO a shotgun would be best to use because of the best chance of hitting zombies with a spray. In a survival situation, I would hopefully only use one shot per zombie, not always killing them but hopefully slowing them down. The biggest probelm with a shotgun is reload time, so I think I would go for a semi-automatic shotgun with a drum or something of the sort.

I do not know much about guns so I could not quote my exact layout. I have no idea how I would get my hands on a gun as I bet the gun stores would be looted within hours of the big outbreak. A bike would be a good asset to have as well, because cars will probably become usless pretty quick considering the roads will get jammed.

Mind you 100% of this information is coming from video games and movies :rolleyes:

GQBalla
08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

You want to use something with good accuracy and reliable for a gun, so a rifle. Also a side arm doesn't help but it won't be the best weapon with limited ammo and limited stopping power.

Usually, you want to keep a strong melee weapon that would require not a whole lot of strength to swing and would require minimal upkeep - ideally a crowbar is your best bet since its a multipurpose tool, damn near indestructible, and easy enough to swing around. You swing a sledgehammer and you miss... the zombie will get you. Hatchet doesn't have a big enough blade, and swords/axes require a lot of up keep with whetstones to keep them ideally as sharp as you would need... and again are fairly heavy to lug around.

Ideally, stealth is your best friend. So using a bike to get around, along with a crossbow to avoid noise is your best bet... also you can reclaim your ammo with a crossbow.... it's just not that great when there's more than 2-3 coming at you.

WERD!

Zombie Survival Guide

dansmith11
08-05-2011, 04:47 PM
the problem with a crowbar as a weapon is that it cant slice through stuff.

its going to get stuck in whatever you swing it into, and require a decent amount of force to pull it back out. it IS a big metal hook afterall.

any energy savings you gain from its lightness/ease of swing is going to be more then cancelled out by the amount of energy you waste getting it back out of the wound.

so you swing at a zombie and hit him in the shoulder, now you waste precious time and energy pulling your crowbar back out for another swing. meanwhile, the zombie is eating your face.

hell, even if you hit him square in the head and kill it. what if there are 2 of them? 1 is eating your face while your unhooking your crowbar.

ill take a sword over a crowbar any day. sure it might go dull eventually. but step 1 is survive long enough for my sword to get dull. ill cross that bridge when i come to it. lol maybe after my sword is dull and my baseball bat is broken, then ill make the switch to a crowbar.

but i think its a shitty first choice for a melee weapon :P

CHICHARITZHI
08-05-2011, 06:35 PM
ZOMBIE PROOF HOUSE IN POLAND.

[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384985/Worried-apocalypse-zombies-merely-unwanted-summer-guests-The-Safe-House-right-street.html

http://www.homedit.com/a-modern-home-in-poland-the-safe-house/

craigcd
08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Limber up!

Adrenaline101
08-05-2011, 08:22 PM
If there is ever a zombie apocalypse,I'm going on a field trip to the US to pick up all the spare bullets from all the zombified rednecks and stockpile them. Too bad russia and the rest of eastern block europe is so far away, all those 7.62 AK rounds would come in handy.

Ideal loadout : AK-47 with a drum mag, spare AK-47, AK-47 with a sword for a bayonet as a last resort.

And a toyota hilux full of 7.62x39. ( download bio diesel creation handbook from internet as world is falling apart around you = win)
Think you could make bio-diesel from zombie body fat?

CHICHARITZHI
08-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Adrenaline101
If there is ever a zombie apocalypse,I'm going on a field trip to the US to pick up all the spare bullets from all the zombified rednecks and stockpile them. Too bad russia and the rest of eastern block europe is so far away, all those 7.62 AK rounds would come in handy.

Ideal loadout : AK-47 with a drum mag, spare AK-47, AK-47 with a sword for a bayonet as a last resort.

And a toyota hilux full of 7.62x39. ( download bio diesel creation handbook from internet as world is falling apart around you = win)
Think you could make bio-diesel from zombie body fat?

i think the zombie apocalypse is around the world, it could be a demonic air born virus., these kind of zombies are fast than those zombie in the cemetery..

Wakalimasu
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
double tap!!

403Gemini
08-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by dansmith11
the problem with a crowbar as a weapon is that it cant slice through stuff.

its going to get stuck in whatever you swing it into, and require a decent amount of force to pull it back out. it IS a big metal hook afterall.

any energy savings you gain from its lightness/ease of swing is going to be more then cancelled out by the amount of energy you waste getting it back out of the wound.

so you swing at a zombie and hit him in the shoulder, now you waste precious time and energy pulling your crowbar back out for another swing. meanwhile, the zombie is eating your face.

hell, even if you hit him square in the head and kill it. what if there are 2 of them? 1 is eating your face while your unhooking your crowbar.

ill take a sword over a crowbar any day. sure it might go dull eventually. but step 1 is survive long enough for my sword to get dull. ill cross that bridge when i come to it. lol maybe after my sword is dull and my baseball bat is broken, then ill make the switch to a crowbar.

but i think its a shitty first choice for a melee weapon :P

Who says you use the hook? use the dull edge, its enough to cave in a skull... at least for any man with half decent strength.

Also , the bottom end makes a formidable piercing weapon

http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/graphics/00000001/pm56lr.jpg

Ever try swinging a sword? Trust me, you tire out quickly, at least any sword that's heavy enough to cut through something.

Jonel
08-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Lol crowbar debate

http://www.debate.org/debates/A-Crowbar-is-the-best-weapon-to-have-during-a-Zombie-Uprising./1/

Blue
08-06-2011, 08:59 PM
chainsaw with hockey mask

nuff said.

CHICHARITZHI
08-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Blue
chainsaw with hockey mask

nuff said.

good one

full face body armor with blade

GorG
08-07-2011, 01:49 AM
time to upgrade buddy that shits only going to make you move as fast as a zombie. Your only up against teeth and nails, this will suffice
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44169000/jpg/_44169195_armour_usarmy_long.jpg

95teetee
08-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Adrenaline101
pick up all the spare bullets from all the zombified rednecks and stockpile them. who says the zombies won't know how to use the guns :dunno:

You can't believe everything the movies tell you.

Feruk
08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Kavy
My Load Out

http://www.lifenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rosieodonnel.jpg

Why not have something that will eat everything including zombies. Ultimate weapon.
Haha I laughed pretty hard. :bigpimp:

89s1
08-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Ever try swinging a sword? Trust me, you tire out quickly, at least any sword that's heavy enough to cut through something.
For the record....

I've handled a genuine medieval spring steel long sword that was just incredible felt like I was swinging a wooden dowel it was so well balanced. Proper counter weight at the base of the hilt goes a long way.

All that being said, I'll get back on the crowbar discussion... I would hold a crowbar by the hooked end so it wont slip and just swing away, forehand and backhand.

astro_ng
08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Lol, my friends and I have had this conversation a few times.

At all times I'd carry either an ak-47 or an m16, along with a colt .45, and a samurai sword. Can't weigh yourself too down with weapons! Always carry a backpack full of rations/water and other light supplies.

I'd also be going to Wal-Mart and building a defensive unit around it. barricading myself inside a long with other people, I'd then build suspended sleeping areas where you need a rope to climb up and then can pull up once everyone is up there to sleep and such.

Do patrols on the roof to clear of any "wanderers" around the store and then do wider patrols to take out any larger groups :P

Along with slowly building a perimeter from supplies from the local Home Depot which is usually close to a Wal-mart location.

As you can see...I have no life.

89s1
08-08-2011, 06:44 PM
There is a home depot and a wal-mart across the street from each other at marlborough mall. Also a safeway next door to the home depot.

This really does make the ideal spot as the area is already ripe with zombie-like creatures that will sharpen your instinctive survival skills. Just make a habit of hanging around he area at dusk to familiarize yourself with both the surroundings and the feeling of being stalked.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: