PDA

View Full Version : The Prairie Regional Barista Competition

snoop101
08-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I know kind of late to post, but did anyone go to this.

http://www.prairiecoffeeproject.com/

It was really great and cant wait for next year.

I really liked Chris Tellez from Phil & Sebastian. I found he had a lot confidence and a great presentation.

Im not a fan of Calgary when it comes to food culture, but I think even though it was a small group (must of been maybe around 100 people) everyone seemed to have a good time.

snoop101
08-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Just going to add who won.

1st - 657.5 points - Ben Put - Transcend

EG6boi
08-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Is Transcend any good? I've yet to try it.

Tik-Tok
08-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Really? I mean.... Really? A barista competition? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

edit: Don't get me wrong, I know a good barista is the difference between a decent espresso, and a great espresso, but... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's a job. How many jobs have competitions like that?

RY213
08-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

edit: Don't get me wrong, I know a good barista is the difference between a decent espresso, and a great espresso, but... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It's a job. How many jobs have competitions like that?

They have trade competitions so why not this?

kamakurakid
08-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Most skilled jobs have competitions, ever hear of a little thing called World Skills? They were here a couple of years ago, dropped millions in this city. Your Google and memory skills could use some work. :thumbsup:

http://www.worldskills.org/index.php

trevh
08-16-2011, 08:36 AM
:whocares:

JRSC00LUDE
08-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by trevh

I do.

It makes that place a destination coffee stop when I go through there. I love to try the highest rated coffee shops in any city I go to.

TurboMedic
08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Agreed, it's a huge thing in the coffee world. Barista jams are fun, had to miss this tho was out of the province. I know Joel quite well, great at what he does

RY213
08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by trevh

Stay the fuck out of the post if you dont care...