PDA

View Full Version : "Plan for Success" anyone write one?

NRGie
08-08-2011, 01:58 PM
So I was put on academic probation and I got an email stating that I need to write a "Plan for success" and submit it for approval. Thats pretty much all the email said. I was wondering if anyone has written one and what is needed on it and how long should it be?

I cant get an appointment with a counselor till the 22 and I dont want to wait till then to start it so if anyone can give me any insight so I can start writing one now that would be great.

Im in arts at the u of c if that makes any difference.

Thanks

InRich
08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
haha you've been a bad boy huh

turbotrip
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
its supposed to be about a page to 2 pages long. and it should just outline why u got bad grades in the first place, what you will do different this time around and how you plan to get better marks next year/how you will ensure you dont mess up again.

and im not sure if this is a new rule or if u are just an exception but they usually dont make you write a "plan for success" if you are just put on probation.

WithTheLightsOn
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
This might be completely unrelated, but apparently the school is offering a workshop on August 18 called "Planning for Success" that's aimed for students on probation or that are at risk of getting kicked out. It's suppose to help "formulate a plan for success," so it just might be just what you're looking for.

http://arts.ucalgary.ca/undergraduate/student-support/workshops

Kardon
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by WithTheLightsOn
This might be completely unrelated,

How could that possibly be unrelated in the slightest bit? :D