PDA

View Full Version : '92 cressida

Low-Life
08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
im picking up a 92 cressida in a few days, obviously it is an auto-tragic, and that needs to change. I was curious if anyone one here has any experience with 5 speed swaps in cressy's.

i know i need:

an r154 tranny
hard lines
soft lines
clutch slave/master
and ive been told POSSIBLY the front half of a mk3 supra driveshaft...

does anyone else know anything about this?

cheers guys!

BokCh0y
08-09-2011, 12:18 AM
dunno shit bout converting it from auto to stick. but i love cressida's. pics please.

DonJuan
08-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I saw a mostly complete 7M Cressida at Pick and pull on Sunday, dont remember if it was a manual.

BokCh0y
08-09-2011, 11:32 AM
i don't ever recall seeing a manual cressida to be honest. i thought they were all auto for a luxurious factor.

Low-Life
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
in north america (more specifically canada) we never got a 5 speed. the US got the previous gen. (x7) with a 5 speed though. All of the holes are available for a full 5 speed swap however, as they shar most of the same stuff from japans Cresta, markII and chaser.i know there aer a few cressy guys around, hopefully soemone can help out a bit!

no pictures yet, she has a little rust, and its stock with the 7m.

lots of plans, but not enough imfo to follow through at the moment!

finboy
08-11-2011, 04:28 AM
easiest bet is getting a donor car, otherwise you will spend a LOT of time at the scrap yard pulling parts you forgot about. When i did the swap on one of my cars (fwd), the biggest pain in the ass was the peddle assembly, as I was basically working upside down with all the blood rushing to my head. Also watch out for linkage, and where possible, upgrade to braided stainless lines while you have the whole transmission out, makes life easier in the future.

Gibson
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Go to dorikaze.net, they'll help you out. Old-school Toyota owners are a bit strange haha (in a good way), but they know their stuff.

Kardon
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice choice, you're gonna have to sign up with dk to see the forum iirc

JZS_147
08-16-2011, 09:42 AM
DK is pretty much useless

Join JZXproject and build the car properly.