PDA

View Full Version : Concours is a good shop. Right?

big A
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Well my 2011 Elantra got caught in a "mini tornado" at about the two month old mark.

I already did all the insurance stuff and its covered and they sent me the list of approved shops, so I'm hoping to do this pain free and just use one of their shops.

I saw Concours on the list, the one on 42nd, I think I heard they are pretty good. Is there any input on that or any better choices.

BOYD A/B & GLASS - 29TH ST SE
SOUTHGATE CHEV OLDS LTD
HORTON AUTO BODY
CONCOURS COLLISION CENTRES LTD.
SHAW GMC PONTIAC BUICK HUMMER INC
A-1 AUTO BODY LTD.
STAMPEDE COLLISION
EASTSIDE DODGE CHRYSLER
A-CLASS AUTO BODY LTD
CMP AUTOMOTIVE LTD
CROWFOOT IMAGE AUTO BODY
DOMESTIC/IMPORT AUTO BODY
RENFREW CHRYSLER COLLISION CENTER
NATIONAL COLLISION WORKS

Thanks for the help

I'd like to replace the hood and trunk with carbon fibre but I don't know if the shops will do that under an insurance claim?

SoSlowDx
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Two of my family members went to Concours on 42nd and recommended them. I'm in the process of bringing in my truck. They've been pretty helpful and professional. They're all booked for August. Bringing mine in September.

dantheman27
08-09-2011, 10:41 AM
ive personally never had my car worked on at concours, but i used to deliver parts to them and i must say they have one of the nicer looking shops in town. very clean and organized inside.:thumbsup:

max_boost
08-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I've only dealt with them once and they were extremely professional with a top notch facility.

Tik-Tok
08-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I've only dealt with them once and they were extremely professional with a top notch facility.

:werd:

They did fuck up something on my replaced door, and it was squeaky as hell when I opened and closed my window, but I noticed it right in the parking lot, and they fixed it immediately.

I only had the car for about a year after that, but never noticed any defects in the body work they did (and I was meticulous with that car)

craigcd
08-09-2011, 11:35 AM
My dad took his truck to "Boyds" and had a horrible time. It took them so long to complete the work..... which was minor, the insurance company charged the rental back to them. They promised, and promised, and never delviered. When the work was complete it looks OK however there was some overspray.

colsankey
08-09-2011, 02:23 PM
I've taken 2 cars to Concours south and both times they did awsome work and were super easy to deal with.

Concours North I've been to once and they were also great, but the wait times were like 2 months longer at the time of my last repair.

CRXguy
08-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I've been to Concours on 42nd ave back in 2004 and just recently in March. Had a positive experience each time. Very professional and top notch work.