PDA

View Full Version : Lancer TPMS

maxpol
08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Hey Guys,

I've got an 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer and I've got new rims/tires with new TPMS. Apparently, no "third-party" tool is able to program the car with the new senors and Mitsubishi wants and "arm and a leg" for them to do it. So I wanted to see if anyone has the OBDII cable/software to put in the sensor ID's manually into the ECU...

Thanks!

VetteRacin
08-09-2011, 09:01 PM
go to integra tire in ogden, they have the tool, yes there is one to reprogram the system

Cos
08-09-2011, 09:11 PM
They can reprogram the system in other places. You need a more advanced tool than most vehicles though. It also cant remember more than 1 set of TPMS sensors which sucks so you always have to get them reprogrammed.

My advice? Get your summers programmed and let your winters throw the little yellow light. That is what I did.

V6-BoI
08-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Cos

My advice? Get your summers programmed and let your winters throw the little yellow light. That is what I did.

:werd: I'm just running one set of TPMS on my car, but I'm running it on the winter set. I rather know if my tires are low in the winter cuz I don't want to risk changing a tire in the winter time. It sucks changing a tire in minus 20 below

Cos
08-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by V6-BoI

:werd: I'm just running one set of TPMS on my car, but I'm running it on the winter set. I rather know if my tires are low in the winter cuz I don't want to risk changing a tire in the winter time. It sucks changing a tire in minus 20 below

Lol that is actually brilliant. I always ran it in summer because of the 18's and low profile tires. I didnt mind if the 16" winters were low.

maxpol
08-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I went to blaskin and lane and their tool wasn't able to program it. Have a couple people at dealerships and those tools didn't pick it up either. I guess I'll go to integra then.

heavyD
08-10-2011, 12:02 PM
How much are you being charged? Platinum Mitsubishi only charged me $35 to re-calibrate.

maxpol
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Called platinum and they did it for me for $35. I'm happy. Also wanted to see if there is a tool that you can use yourself?

3drian
08-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Ive had that problem with my lancer for 3 years now.. never actually bothered to changed it, so I have that light on all summer long haha