PDA

View Full Version : Burning to a CD/DVD...

C_Dave45
08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't know why I have such a problem with this. I'm just trying to put about 500 mb's of music onto a CD. But it's taking FOREVER!!! The "x amount of minutes left" has gone from 30 seconds, up to 30 minutes...yet it's been going for over an hour now. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm just using the built in burner (I guess). Click on folder and then "send to.." and send it to the CD/DVD burner drive.

Seth1968
08-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Could be a number of things including a defective cd, burner, or a corruption in the files you're trying to burn.

Try burning just one song or using a different cd.

Also, if you're running XP, you could try a different burning program, as XP's built in program can be flaky.

http://download.cnet.com/CDBurnerXP/3000-2646_4-10409086.html

firebane
08-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
I don't know why I have such a problem with this. I'm just trying to put about 500 mb's of music onto a CD. But it's taking FOREVER!!! The "x amount of minutes left" has gone from 30 seconds, up to 30 minutes...yet it's been going for over an hour now. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm just using the built in burner (I guess). Click on folder and then "send to.." and send it to the CD/DVD burner drive.

The Windows built in cd burner blows goats.

Download ImgBurn and wonder why you've never used it before.