PDA

View Full Version : Food Trucks 8th Ave 08.11.11

n1zm0
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
ill be there this weekend, but im so disappointed they did the YYC food trucks thing for today only 11-3, how are anyone else who doesnt work downtown supposed to experience this! :cry:

BigDannyCool
08-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
ill be there this weekend, but im so disappointed they did the YYC food trucks thing for today only 11-3, how are anyone else who doesnt work downtown supposed to experience this! :cry:

go on a different day. It's not like the trucks are a one time thing

n1zm0
08-11-2011, 11:53 AM
yeah i know its a trial, im sure it will recieve good reviews tho, good enough to have them go all out during the summer at least

BigDannyCool
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
alleyburger has been going for a couple days now and they've been selling out

Speed_69
08-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
alleyburger has been going for a couple days now and they've been selling out

WHAT?!? Where is their food truck usually? I would've gone had I known :(

sdevils15
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I went to the food trucks today. We decided to get go with tacos as the alley truck line was massive and the perogy boyz had a large line as well. It took an hour to get our tacos and ther was maybe 30ppl in front of us. I got the chorizo and they were kinda crappy and the gf got pastor which were pretty good.

l/l/rX
08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Did anyone hit up the food trucks this afternoon? I had the perogies and fries and chicks or babes or whatever that truck is called. Not worth the hour wait, would've been 1.5hrs but my friends were already there for 30min. Heard alley burger is good though, but those 2 definitely just MEH.

Thoughts?

nickyh
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
was there shortly after 11 and was not prepared to wait an hour + for a burger.... went to BK.

Total bust.

sdevils15
08-11-2011, 02:40 PM
We decided to get go with tacos as the alley truck line was massive and the perogy boyz had a large line as well. It took an hour to get our tacos and ther was maybe 30ppl in front of us. I got the chorizo and they were kinda crappy and the gf got pastor which were pretty good.

realazy
08-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Crazy line ups, so we just left and went to the food court instead.

Doozer
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by realazy
Crazy line ups, so we just left and went to the food court instead. A coworker of mine did the same thing ... and ended up leaving the food court because even it was too busy from the overflow.

l/l/rX
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't know I felt totally ripped off, my friend got her perogies first opened the box and was like "awww :(" expecting there'd be more, then my friend and i got our boxes we opened up ours and let out an even bigger "awwwwwwww"

She got 4 perogies with cheese and sour cream and toppings and a full sausage, my friend and i got 4 perogies toppings but no cheese or sour cream and only half a sausage! LOL WTF? no we didnt order different things as the only thing they had to offer was a "sampler" for $5. lame sauce.

jwslam
08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
original alley burger. Waited 10:45 to 12:15. Definitely worth it.
Perogies ran out before 1pm.
Had them and didn't find them too worth the money.

Verdict:
Original alley burger - worth the wait (heard they also ran out later)
The Whole Truck - pretty average angus burger, not worth the wait
Perogies - make your own
Gelato - no wait, not worth the cost, but still good.

latest facebook status: got handed 4 burgers and a poutine by TV famous Connie from Charcut, and then got to eat it on TV (CBC news later tonight I think).

natejj
08-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Went down at 11:15, saw 300 people in line for Alley Burger. We just went to Charcut instead.

gqmw
08-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Haha wow, yeah lineups looked long. I too went food court instead. I wanted to try out the perogies and the burger. But from the reviews it seems like it wasn't anything super special.

Mibz
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks to the lineups I got to discover that the new Double Down is infinitely better than the original and I would eat it again.

eblend
08-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Thanks to the lineups I got to discover that the new Double Down is infinitely better than the original and I would eat it again.

Double Down is still available? WTF? Since when? I never got a chance to try this! Which location was this as?

Anyways, showed up at 11 and lined up for the perogies place, was already like 40 people in from of my, finally got my food at 12:12 and headed back. Hell was I dissapointed when I opened the box, 3 perogies and half a sausage....I lost more calories walking to the location than I did eating that stuff. They were good but not worth the wait at all. Never again. Went to Koryo after for real lunch.

Mibz
08-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by eblend

Double Down is still available? WTF? Since when? I never got a chance to try this! Which location was this as?

Anyways, showed up at 11 and lined up for the perogies place, was already like 40 people in from of my, finally got my food at 12:12 and headed back. Hell was I dissapointed when I opened the box, 3 perogies and half a sausage....I lost more calories walking to the location than I did eating that stuff. They were good but not worth the wait at all. Never again. Went to Koryo after for real lunch. They took it away then came out with a new one with less sodium. This was from the TD Square food court but I'm pretty sure they all still have it.

Kritafo
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
you can still get the double down at Northland Mall KFC, I went on a double down run for my husband and son.