PDA

View Full Version : srt-4 prototype stage III

trev0006
01-21-2004, 09:40 AM
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/turbopiping/videos/srt-4_testsession4.wmv

SickBastard
01-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Damn 12.5. I cant wait to see if anyone of the ones in wpg will be getting that.

turbojohngt
01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
WOW:thumbsup:

Loose
01-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Still a neon! J/k:rofl:

1badPT
01-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Still a vehicle that has dealer only upgrades. :dunno: Props where props are due man.

I dunno, for a car you can buy brand new for under $30,000 Canadian, and about $4000 worth of mods from the dealer parts department (ie not even aftermarket) and it's running 12's? That's pretty impressive to me.

The Stage 3 upgrades have been available for the '03's for some time now, I wonder if this is a prototype for the '04 Stage 3 or just an older video. Nice results nonetheless :)

illeagle
01-21-2004, 06:51 PM
^^dealer only, if you wanna keep your warrenty^^

cocoabrova
01-21-2004, 07:00 PM
ATP Turbo is a tuning house, that's not a factory-installed upgrade. It is, however, impressive for basically bolted-on shit onto the stock motor:eek: :burnout:

1badPT
01-21-2004, 07:09 PM
I meant the actual components are dealer. Mopar parts counters sell the Stage 1 + 2 upgrades, and the Stage 3 kit for the '04s is supposed to be coming out shortly (I wonder if these guys got to test market the Stage 3 kit :eek: ). And trust me, the staged upgrades are dead easy to install.

ATP's expertise in this would be the fine tuning adjustments to boost, fuel curves, etc.

legendboy
01-21-2004, 07:17 PM
ahhhhhhhhh to live at sea level :poosie:

1badPT
01-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Stage 1 kit - Injectors (just screw em in) and ECU (just plug it in)

$599 Canadian for:
- Increased WOT and part throttle boost
- Improved Turbo Response
- Boost hold feature during WOT shifts
- Enhanced 1st gear boost schedule for a higher performance launch
- More aggressive exhaust note during deceleration
- Optimized calibration for the MOPAR Performance Blow Off Valve conversion kit (sold separately)

Stage 2 is basically the BOV mentioned above and some more fuel management tweaks.

I heard that Stage 3 was a race pipe (which explains the 3" downpipe so maybe they don't have the "actual" stage 3 kit) and some boost tweaks.

Idratherbsidewayz
01-21-2004, 07:22 PM
A 13 here isn't so bad though... Especially for such a cheap price. I can't wait to hear about some sort of achilles heel of this new neon...

speedracer
01-21-2004, 07:39 PM
ATP is showcasing their Stage 3 kit

Mopar Stage 3 and Stage 4 has yet to be released.

Though Stage 1 and Stage 2 has been put through a lot of abuse.. I mean racing in Pro Rally and Road Racing.

Originally posted by 1badPT
Stage 1 kit - Injectors (just screw em in) and ECU (just plug it in)

Canadian Models already come with the Stage 1 injectors.

Stage 1 ECU is on backorder

Stage 2 is on backorder

Stage 3 is not really in the system yet (that I know anyway)

All parts have been listed on the mopar site - no need to make assumptions.

1badPT
01-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Ahh ok I get it. I thought they somehow got their hands on an early version of the mopar stage 3 :nut:

adrianracer
01-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Hey pal, considering you drive "nothing" a SRT-4 would be better than you got now! Ha, Ha..... If you have a drivers licence, go and drive one, I have been racing high horsepower and extreme handling cars both on the roadcourse and oval for 17 years and driven Jap & German cars that long as well, and this SRT-4 impressed me very much. Also test drove Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX, Mazda RX8, Mazda 3 Sport, BMW 330... and chose the SRT-4, not solely because of money either, I can afford any on the list!
Don't even reply to this until you do your homework on the lowely Neons racing successes, and recent quality ratings and go drive one.... can you say virtuly no turbo lag 230 ft Lbs torque from 2000-4500 rpm, virtuly no torque steer, great handling .85g's and....only $28,000
Run along now....

Originally posted by Loose
Still a neon! J/k:rofl:

rice_eater
01-27-2004, 03:01 AM
proof that loudness doesn't equal power

Dj_Stylz
01-27-2004, 08:21 AM
LOL Nice video

adrianracer
01-27-2004, 08:52 AM
What do you mean by that?

Originally posted by rice_eater

Loose
01-27-2004, 10:20 AM
i'm sorry, i'm only 16 but im gettin my learnerz next week.

woot!

Originally posted by adrianracer
Hey pal, considering you drive "nothing" a SRT-4 would be better than you got now! Ha, Ha..... If you have a drivers licence, go and drive one, I have been racing high horsepower and extreme handling cars both on the roadcourse and oval for 17 years and driven Jap & German cars that long as well, and this SRT-4 impressed me very much. Also test drove Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX, Mazda RX8, Mazda 3 Sport, BMW 330... and chose the SRT-4, not solely because of money either, I can afford any on the list!
Don't even reply to this until you do your homework on the lowely Neons racing successes, and recent quality ratings and go drive one.... can you say virtuly no turbo lag 230 ft Lbs torque from 2000-4500 rpm, virtuly no torque steer, great handling .85g's and....only $28,000
Run along now....

rice_eater
01-27-2004, 10:59 AM
What do you mean by that?

turn up the volume and try to focus on the sounds each car makes...civic is loud as fuck with a tin can exhaust sound...SRT is loud too but a nice deep tone...just something to think about for people that think loud exhausts= power

Hollywood
01-27-2004, 11:04 AM

I would say your wrong on that.

Here's why;

That can go both ways......You can hear a 1.5L honda with a fart can exhaust with no cat making 100whp but sounds super loud like a geriatric dirtbike ;) , but on the other hand say for a turbo car for example, unhook your exhaust and have a open downpipe no cat or exhaust, it's gonna be retarded loud and you will make more whp 100% for sure!

adrianracer
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Thanks for being honest, good luck getting your drivers licence and enjoy the thrill and adreline rush of driving.

Originally posted by Loose
i'm sorry, i'm only 16 but im gettin my learnerz next week.

woot!

Idratherbsidewayz
01-27-2004, 07:29 PM
^^^^^

So you have all this money, enjoy racing, and you drive a protege5?

adrianracer
01-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Ok, If you must have an explaination..... I make $74,000 a year as a technical sales rep in the oil patch, have a fully sponsored seat in the #9 Pipetech Legends Car, and drive a lowely Protege5 that is almost paid for, and yes I am ready to get something more fun to drive as I bought a cheep Nissan truck to take care of the practicality side of life. Oh yeah, I own a house on the river in Riverbend too. There, am I ok now?

Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
^^^^^

ryder_23
01-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
^^^^^

he never said anythin about having alot of money....

turn up the volume and try to focus on the sounds each car makes...civic is loud as fuck with a tin can exhaust sound...SRT is loud too but a nice deep tone...just something to think about for people that think loud exhausts= power

Damn, so Ferrari's are just loud? not fast, damn...what a shame :rolleyes:
but i get where ur coming from...sick of all the rice fart cans on cars ripping around thinking there the shit

Loose
01-28-2004, 02:16 AM
Thanks for being honest, good luck getting your drivers licence and enjoy the thrill and adreline rush of driving.

Ok, If you must have an explaination..... I make $74,000 a year as a technical sales rep in the oil patch, have a fully sponsored seat in the #9 Pipetech Legends Car, and drive a lowely Protege5 that is almost paid for, and yes I am ready to get something more fun to drive as I bought a cheep Nissan truck to take care of the practicality side of life. Oh yeah, I own a house on the river in Riverbend too. There, am I ok now?

Nah, i was joking, I have a license... incluing a WCMA one...oh... I also have a full ride this year (ice racer) but I'll spare the details.

If you go back to my original post you will see the "J/K" which stands for JoKe or Just Kidding. It's all coolio

adrianracer
01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
ahh, how old of me not to know what "j/k" means, I guess I will have to go to computer lingo school! Good luck in your racing this year. Al is Coolio here!

TypeS
01-29-2004, 11:35 AM
for everyone who thinks "it's still a neon"

go drive it...I did, the car is f'ing incredible, comeing from a guy who has always hated neons....the SRT-4 only LOOKS like a neon, and hey, looks aren't EVERYTHING (well to SOME of us on the board, who car about performance and not plastic)

I swindled the salesman into letting me take it for a rip a few months ago, and holy crap....it lives up to it's name, it's a rocket no doubt. handles 15lbs of boost off the show room flow very well, wouldn't doubt that the car could handle friggen 30 if it had to (with mods)

anyway yea, cool car, only LOOKS like a neon. so all you have to do is distinguish if your the type of person who cares, or the kind of person who doesn't care?!;)