PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace non-authentic items vs losing rating

colinxx235
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Just a quick question that came to mind.

Mostly as a result of "yournamehere" and his recent FS ads. I thought I would post this here to prevent any chance of wasting points.

In his Lv/gucci/prada crap add, he doesn't state they are authentic (which I'm pretty sure they aren't anyways), so no point in directly going after that one.

But in terms of his NFL/NBA etc jerseys, he does state authenticity. Will users lose points if pointing out/suggesting/questioning authenticity etc? As it probably does help the community in either being careful or educating on what is real vs fake.

roopi
08-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm guessing you would lose points. I like yournamehere's reply to authenticity 'jerseys are same quality as any jersey from jersey city'.

I think that sums up if they are fake or not.
:rofl:

88CRX
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
People need to do their own research.... with an answer like he provided I think it's pretty obvious.

Mar
08-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure if you sneeze while looking at a Marketplace thread, they'll take away user points. All of my 11 points were lost trying to help out other members.

colinxx235
08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Yah I typically stay out of the market place unless I know I'm interested in the item.

I liked the belt, thought I would ask the sizes. Smartly I checked through the website to see if I could find the styling. I couldn't find it anywhere, and I've never seen it in stores. Hence pretty damn sure its fake, on top of the whole "no receipts" stuff.

I just find that if someone states an item to be "authentic" it should be open to criticism or correction from educated members. I know rage is the sites LV whore and can pick anything apart ;)

kenny
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Thinking of creating a new forum under the marketplace for these discussions where users can link to marketplace threads to point out inaccuracies, fraud, etc.

The problem with allowing people to "help out" other members in the actual marketplace threads is they get cluttered, and discussions tend to go off topic. That is primarily why we have a strict no discussion rule in place.

Having a separate discussion forum may reduce the number of users who end up losing access to the marketplace.

BrknFngrs
08-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Thinking of creating a new forum under the marketplace for these discussions where users can link to marketplace threads to point out inaccuracies, fraud, etc.

This seems like a good option. Could the marketplace thread then be edited to contain a link to the discussion so potential buyers are aware that there is ongoing discussion regarding it?

M.alex
08-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't like the marketplace at all.

I was looking (in person) at a viper a while back - clearly a salvage title (or at least major rebuild) - seller claimed perfect condition, etc... etc..., but I didn't bother to write OP is a liar in the thread because I knew where that would get me (-1).

Kardon
08-14-2011, 09:29 PM
So to avoid cluttering the marketplace, you would rather have two separate threads going about one item instead of having a comment directly underneath the actual listing? :nut: How about moderators actually do some moderating instead of implementing a NO REPLY OR ELSE policy? If its clearly some useless post then just remove the post and send the person a PM instead of editing it. I think its pretty obvious when somebodies post is trying to be useful or pointless.

dirtsniffer
08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
haha i lost 2 points for saying 'if you part out i want this part'

bituerbo
08-16-2011, 09:05 AM
How about a 'would be interested if authentic' post, followed shortly by a 'no longer interested' post.

Kloubek
08-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Interesting idea, but I really don't think it will help as much as it seems. Those interested in an item will probably not look in there first, and those who are called out in that thread may not even know about it.

spike98
08-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Interesting idea, but I really don't think it will help as much as it seems. Those interested in an item will probably not look in there first, and those who are called out in that thread may not even know about it.

I think that it should be required to state if the item is genuine or a replica. If genuine, proof such as a snap shot of a reciept. If no proof is provided, the thread is closed.

chkolny541
08-17-2011, 02:17 PM
i got 2 points deducted for 1 post a while back, complete BS, but w.e. :dunno: