PDA

View Full Version : Integra Tire Macleod Trail

Seikencube
08-13-2011, 02:38 AM
I have a quick question to ask you guys.
About almost a month ago I had my car lowered (HR lowering springs) and about a week later after it's lowered I heard a clinging noise on my rear suspension whenever I go up my driveway especially coming from the left side. I kept driving to find out where exactly this noise was coming from and it was from my rear right side. I brought it to my other mechanic to check it out and from him looking at it he said my rear right spring pad looks like it was not properly on the HR coil as he said it was squished in there. It made sense to me, it was that because every time I would make a left turn I'd hear the cling noise (Turning left would put more stress on the right side because of the slight roll?) correct me if im wrong?

Anyways to keep the story short, I was dealing with mike and he said it was my spring pads. He was right, however all 3 of my other spring pads were fine and didnt make noise except for the rear right side which looks like the coil wasn't properly set on the pad, creating a clinging noise whenever it's at uneven ground or more weight is shifted on it.

I called him to see if he can re-adjust the spring so it can sit properly but he said he would have to charge me again?
Is it me that's at fault? or should it be free of charge because it wasn't properly set on?

PS. I paid roughly around 500 including alignment. Also Mike is a good guy, but im just kind of questioning that is it my fault i have to pay extra for this to get fixed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks!

hurrdurr
08-13-2011, 02:43 AM
They fucked up. It's good customer service to right their wrongs. That being said. Those fucks wanted $700 to lower my XB and I got Autodream to do it for $250. Other than that I have no experience with them

J-hop
08-13-2011, 08:03 AM
yea OP that seems a little unfair, unless they could prove that you modified their install in any way then I don't see why they wouldn't be obligated to correct their mistake. I would argue with them that a spring not seated properly could be a safety hazard as well.

hurrdurr I really hope that $250 didn't include parts hahaha.

Guillermo
08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
EDIT: you didn't tell us the whole story, from what I can tell the shop did agree to fix it free of charge. stop dragging their name through the mud. :dunno:

Seikencube
08-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow 750 ? daaamn. Good thing you went to autdream for 250 man that's a waay better deal.
Yeah I kinda thought so it was unfair that's why i posted it on beyond to get everyone elses opinion. I mean the coil is on secured so its safe, it's just not properly on the spring pad so it hits the body making that noise everytime i turn left.
I dont think i am, Im going to ask him again but if he wont budge ill just find another place that can do it and get the job right.

TC Motorsport
08-14-2011, 04:53 PM
ok i guess i need to say something about this, the only reason y i told you i was goin to charge you again was because you wanted to change the pads for the springs to make the car lower after we installed the springs (your cars pads where a number 3 and you wanted to put in number 2 and number 1 so that means i would have to take all the springs out.)
and because everytime you would book it in you would cancel or not show and im guessin maybe 10 times you did that.

now of course if there is a problem with the spring not sitting with the pad in the right spot we would fix it and it wouldnt cost you anything.

ok the lowering job didnt cost 500 it was 350 plus the Wheel alignment and we had to get parts because some parts were seized so we had to replace them.

cam_wmh
08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TC Motorsport
ok i guess i need to say somrthing about this the olny reason i told you i was goin to charge you again was because you wanted to change the pads and make the car lower (your cars pads where a number 3 and you wanted to but in number 2 and number 1 so that means i have to take all the springs out.)
and because everytime you would book it in you would cancel or not show and im guessin maybe 10 times.

now of course if there is a problem with the spring not sitting with the pad in the right spot we would fix it and it wouldnt cost you anything.

ok the lower job didnt cost 500 it was 350 plus the Wheel alignment and we had to get parts because some parts were seized so we had to replace them.

ok, you need to take an english class, ok.

Commanderwiggin
08-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

ok, you need to take an english class, ok.

Looks like an Iphone/BB message imo.

Mike was very professional when I came in to get my M3 worked on. Answered every question I had, numerous phone calls and provided excellent work.

He did a turbo swap, numerous oil changes, exhaust work, new wideband, and a bunch of other stuff as my old turbo had the exhaust turbine grenade and wreck mass destruction on its way out the exhaust not to mention oil contaminates. He ensured everything was tight and gtg before I left. He was always available by phone whether it was his work or his personal. Helped me out in a bind under tight time constraints on my failed scavenge pump as well...never any problems.

Mike/TCMotorsport is probably the only guy in Calgary I'll even think about taking my car to...sounds like the OP should've tried dealing with Mike or the company directly before trying to bring down a reputable forum sponsor. There is always two sides to the story.

TC Motorsport
08-14-2011, 06:07 PM
sorry i hope thats better was typing on my phone

max_boost
08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Commanderwiggin

.sounds like the OP should've tried dealing with Mike or the company directly before trying to bring down a reputable forum sponsor. There is always two sides to the story.

:werd:

Been going to Mike/Shane/Steve and crew since 2002.

Seikencube
08-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TC Motorsport
ok i guess i need to say something about this, the only reason y i told you i was goin to charge you again was because you wanted to change the pads for the springs to make the car lower after we installed the springs (your cars pads where a number 3 and you wanted to put in number 2 and number 1 so that means i would have to take all the springs out.)
and because everytime you would book it in you would cancel or not show and im guessin maybe 10 times you did that.

ok the lowering job didnt cost 500 it was 350 plus the Wheel alignment and we had to get parts because some parts were seized so we had to replace them.

It was 2 times i couldn't attend because of emergency calls at work. I called in for the first and the second time that i couldn't make it. And who ever answered thank me for atleast letting you guys know. Not 10 man.
I'm not trying to bring the forum sponser down, like i said before mike your a good guy. I was just confused on what to do if i should repay, because my 3 other pads are fine. And i always hear it from that rear right side.
I asked you if you can just readjust the rears again, but you said that wouldn't be the problem. You were 99% sure it was my spring pads?... When you said that I was like okay I guess i have to pay again. But before i do I was going to ask beyond.
I mean no harm to the sponser at all. I just wanted to ask people's opinions.

Seikencube
08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
EDIT:
Everything else that Integra Tire did for my vehicle, I was really happy with. Especially the handling and braking improved from before i had stock suspension. Driving in the highway was also a beauty no problems what so ever. And last but not least the wheel alignment was amazing. My car before would always tilt to the left side whenever im going straight, and not it goes perfectly straight.
However, the only problem was the rear right coil seems like it's not sitting properly on the spring pad. Thats it.
OVERALL I am very pleased that Integra Tire did an amazing job.
because if it was the springpads I would have no problem paying you, Integra Tire to do it again. I just needed some reassurance from beyond thats all. No harm no nothing.

"now of course if there is a problem with the spring not sitting with the pad in the right spot we would fix it and it wouldnt cost you anything."

Mike, would you take that in consideration? because that's what I meant to ask?

rage2
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Probably easier to call Mike first thing Monday, and just work out what you want done. Looks like there's some confusion, as your first post says that Mike wants to charge you to fix, yet Mike thought you wanted to change out all your spring pads. A simple phone call will probably get you fixed up. :thumbsup:

Just want to give a huge thanks to Mike on Saturday. I picked up an epic flat tire, and he had the only size and brand tire in the city. His shop was about to close, but he went out of his way to help me put my spare wheel on the car (none of my damn tools works on such a big wheel), drive to his shop, and stayed late to replace the tire for me in 30 mins.

I'm heading out on a short road trip tonight, so I needed that tire fixed! I thought I was fucked, but Mike saved my ass! Thanks!!!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198709_10150747183315640_899405639_20039670_7191726_n.jpg

2000TL
08-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Been going to Mike/Shane/Steve and crew since 2002.

+100 :werd:

Me too. I've been going there since 2005. Really good guys to deal with.

BensonTT
08-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Integra Tires seems shady too me! Called and ask for a quote to get my car lowered...told me $400 with alignment.. Told them I will think about, called back a week later they jacked up the price to $500 !! LOL ok buddy

Seikencube
08-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Probably easier to call Mike first thing Monday, and just work out what you want done. Looks like there's some confusion, as your first post says that Mike wants to charge you to fix, yet Mike thought you wanted to change out all your spring pads. A simple phone call will probably get you fixed up. :thumbsup:

Just want to give a huge thanks to Mike on Saturday. I picked up an epic flat tire, and he had the only size and brand tire in the city. His shop was about to close, but he went out of his way to help me put my spare wheel on the car (none of my damn tools works on such a big wheel), drive to his shop, and stayed late to replace the tire for me in 30 mins.

I'm heading out on a short road trip tonight, so I needed that tire fixed! I thought I was fucked, but Mike saved my ass! Thanks!!!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198709_10150747183315640_899405639_20039670_7191726_n.jpg

Yeah, confusion was definitely in there rage. I didn't mean to bash on Integra Tire if some people thought that. I was just asking around because I was ready to pay again if I had to replace all my spring pads, as mike said that would fix the problem. From then I wanted to ask the beyond group to see there opinions. But when replied he answered my question that they would fix my coil so it properly fits the pad on my rear ones. I was thinking he was going to charge me again. That's what I was questioning you guys if I was wrong or right.

To make the long story short. I'll call him tomorrow when I have time after work and will go from there.

Mike if your reading this, I mean no hard feelings. I was just confused and didn't know how to approach this situation, if I was going to pay again, or find somewhere else. Other than that, I am happy with how my vehicle performs.

To all the other members. Thanks for all your suggestions opinions, past experiences that you shared. Everything helped me out.
Thanks!

Seikencube
08-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Just to give a heads up. There was some miss communication with Mike and I. I went there this morning to get my rear coil adjusted and turns out there was just a small bolt connected to the sway bar link that was loose. Turns out that it was completely a different problem, but it in the end it solved the case! He told me if it becomes loose again I would have to order the mercedes-benz bolt from the dealership because he just used a regular one. But so far so good!
No more clinks or noise when I turn left or go up on an uneven ramp.

Thanks Mike and Integra Tire group for taking there time to look at my vehicle again. :)

Cos
12-28-2011, 04:43 PM

bastardchild
12-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Just another +1 for Mike and the team. They addressed the issues I had with my RS4 a few weeks ago and fixed it on spot with no charges.

RX_EVOLV
12-30-2011, 06:24 PM
+1 here for them as well. I took my I35 there to get some tires put on last minute and they took care of me well. I'll be going back for future maintenance services.

OriginalGoods
12-31-2011, 04:14 AM
Working on cars are so simple you should save yourself the money. just take the whell off yourself and take a gander on the beautiful advancement in transportation that we have came to since the stone ages.

M.alex
12-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by OriginalGoods
Working on cars are so simple you should save yourself the money. just take the whell off yourself and take a gander on the beautiful advancement in transportation that we have came to since the stone ages.

whells are awesome :drool:

Cos
12-31-2011, 12:53 PM

OriginalGoods
12-31-2011, 02:11 PM
drain pans, go to poorboy tire for your tire needs.

Cos
12-31-2011, 02:21 PM

OriginalGoods
12-31-2011, 02:37 PM
never owned a auto car to tell you the truth out of the 7 cars i owned all of them have been 5 speed . and all were crx's .

coolant i use a jug that i will reuse and just crack that plug on the bottom of rad. ill sit there for 15 mins slowly draining it but ya. never had to FLUSH it out.

Cos
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM

BMDUBS
12-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Back on topic,

I love how these threads wind up. Reminds me of the Minute Muffler on 32nd Ave thread :rofl:

I have been doing business with Shane, Mike and now Steve since 1996! and have my entire company fleet serviced by them now as well. They always go the extra mile to fit me in and their pricing is always competative.

I would recommend Integra Tire to anyone in a heartbeat!

:thumbsup:

OriginalGoods
12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
use a garden hose dude