PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nudie Jeans

gyu
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, I recently bought 2 pairs of nudie jeans, it's my first 2 pairs ever so I don't know much about them but I heard you aren't supposed to wash raw denim for 6+ months. I checked the booklet that it comes with and it says only dry indigo color should be washed after 6+ months, but does that mean they only make raw denim jeans in dry indigo color?
How do I know if mine are the raw denim ones that shouldn't be washed for awhile or if they are the pre washed ones?
I got a pair of slimjim straight tubeleg in black ink and a pair of easy emil normal waist straight leg in blue fall.

TIA! :)

Jmay1988
08-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Most of the raw denim Nudies are indigo blue and they should feel pretty stiff when brand new also if you check on the inside of the jeans on the left pocket it should say organic denim or somthing along those lines

gyu
08-13-2011, 06:16 PM
It definitely feels different than my other jeans, on the inside left pocket it has a note and washing instructions printed in big font but doesn't say anything about organic denim.

slinkie
08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Heavy organic Nudies are the biggest POS jeans I've ever owned...one year and abysmal fading, terrible fabric and stitching quality, if you want fades make sure the Emil jeans are not Heavy Organic

jdm_integra
08-13-2011, 06:47 PM
on sale?? where??

gyu
08-13-2011, 06:53 PM
The tags inside say 100% cotton but doesn't say it is organic so is it safe to assume these are not the ones that you wear for 6+ months before the first wash?

Jmay1988
08-13-2011, 07:16 PM
They probably arn't then are they a indigo blue colour? You probably had very little fading Slinkie cause you didn't wear them that much I usually have some pretty good fades in about 2months.

gyu
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
No, one is in blue fall and the other is in black ink. These would most likely be the pre washed denim then?
Reason I ask is because I plan on getting them hemmed and I would have to wash it first before getting it done.

Jmay1988
08-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Yea I'm pretty sure those are the pre washed ones since almost all the raw denim come in indigo blue.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p802_Nudie-Jeans-Slim-Jim-Dry-Navy-Organic.html

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p643_Nudie-Jeans-Slim-Jim-Organic-Dry-Dark.html

these are what the raw denim ones look like

know1edge
08-13-2011, 08:19 PM
No, Nudie's come in raw organic and raw non-organic
They do also come raw in black.

Also, fyi, I had my jeans hemmed without washing and they were fine, just made sure there was still some decent length.

Without seeing them it's hard to say, but I'm pretty sure neither of them are raw. The pictures above are good examples though, and as mentioned, they should be STIFF if they're dry

http://www.rawrdenim.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/stiffness-raw-denim.jpg

RY213
08-14-2011, 02:45 AM
If they are raw denim they wont have any fading or lines on them at all. They are basically an empty canvas for you to shape...

chkolny541
08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by slinkie
Heavy organic Nudies are the biggest POS jeans I've ever owned...one year and abysmal fading, terrible fabric and stitching quality, if you want fades make sure the Emil jeans are not Heavy Organic

werd, my gf bought a set, ripped constantly (3 or 4 patch jobs pre wash), and after wearing for about 9 or 10 months and giving it a wash the jeans basically shredded. like 5 new holes popped up, and the fabric itself just feels like tissue paper now, super thin and crappy. She doesnt wear them at all anymore. Complete waste of money and its just an expensive gimmick

Crymson
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541

werd, my gf bought a set, ripped constantly (3 or 4 patch jobs pre wash), and after wearing for about 9 or 10 months and giving it a wash the jeans basically shredded. like 5 new holes popped up, and the fabric itself just feels like tissue paper now, super thin and crappy. She doesnt wear them at all anymore. Complete waste of money and its just an expensive gimmick

That's the reason why i stopped buying 7's and started buying nudies, weird. Never had that problem with the men's jeans.

EG6boi
08-16-2011, 12:36 AM
I've been working in the premium denim industry for quite some time now and I found that Nudies are terrible in quality. I've owned a pair but it just fits awkward. I understand that it doesn't fit all body types but it doesn't even feel comfortable. Maybe if you break them in a little but who the heck wants to buy denim that fits and feels like garbage.

If you would like a good quality denim for a reasonable price, try Turbo denim from Diesel. They work the same way but faster. Instead of 6+ months, just a couple of weeks. They've also incorporated some cotton stretch which I think are a great benefit for those that are looking to have extra mobility.

z2two
08-16-2011, 01:58 AM
why anyone would by that garbage gimmick that is diesel turbo denim is beyond me. Crap denim and cheap dyes is why they fade fast. =S

BrknFngrs
08-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Do people actually wear the same pair of jeans for 6+ months before they wash them? That's pretty disgusting...

EG6boi
08-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by z2two
why anyone would by that garbage gimmick that is diesel turbo denim is beyond me. Crap denim and cheap dyes is why they fade fast. =S

Did you have some bad experiences with Diesel?

From my experiences, Diesel is one of the most reliable and durable denim out in the market right now. The 'Turbo' dye process is Diesel's innovative patent that allows them to fade faster to give you that personal fit and character. It's really all about personal style and preference.

Kardon
08-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Do people actually wear the same pair of jeans for 6+ months before they wash them? That's pretty disgusting...
Apparently people just put them in the freezer when they smell

JordanLotoski
08-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Kardon

Apparently people just put them in the freezer when they smell

Lets hope they dont make Nudie boxers!!

[Yu]
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM

I think people that do this tend to not do a lot of regular activities that would pre-dispose them to dirt and various other things.

ie. Only wear them to places where you tend to believe is not dirty.

potatopineapple
08-16-2011, 09:33 PM

I'm pretty obsessed with hygiene so I only wore mine at home off and on for almost a year. The pamphlet that came with them did say that the dirtier they got with use, the better they would look, that concept disgusted me.

know1edge
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
i dunno i just febreezed mine. washed after 11 months
didn't smell, but i'm sure they were hella dirty

cet
08-17-2011, 07:35 AM
I have a pair of APC that I've had for over a year now and not washed. I only wear them 3 to 4 times a month though.

I also have a pair of 3sixteen that I need to get hemmed and will let them go as long with out washing as well.

Mixalot27
08-17-2011, 07:58 AM
EDMONTON - As it turns out, wearing the same pair of denim jeans nearly every day for 15 months isn't all that dirty after all.

Josh Le, 20, is a third-year University of Alberta student who, along with professor Rachel McQueen, discovered the bacterial count of a 15-month worn and unwashed pair of jeans is almost exactly the same as a pair worn for only 13 days.

"For most strong people, there is no health concern in terms of everyday wear - it's fine," said McQueen.

"I was surprised to find the counts looked the same."

McQueen said there was a substantial amount of skin bacteria found on the jeans, but because Le had no cuts, underlying illness and was healthy, the bacteria were of no concern.

"Personally, I would suggest washing your jeans more frequently (than once per year) but that's more out of control for odour," said McQueen.

"Washing them after every wear, or every second wearing is excessive to me."

No past experiments have been conducted with everyday clothing so McQueen could not compare results with other studies involving bacteria in clothing.

Five kinds of bacteria were found in the jeans - all skin bacteria - and most of it in the crotch region where between 8,500 and 10,000 bacterial units per square cm were found.

"For healthy people with good hygiene, it's not a health concern," said McQueen, who reinforced the fact that results could be different for someone with poor hygiene.

The experiment began when Le wanted to wear out the jeans for simple fashion purposes to achieve the perfect worn, torn and wrinkled look that is now desired in jeans.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/2011/01/20/16958256.html

sawee03
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't know how they make nudies now, since my last pair (Reg ralph dry salvage)is around 6 years old. I did wear mine to work for 6 months before 1st wash. It turned out pretty awesome

I would suggest maybe ordering some free denim patches from their website and glue or stitch it the crotch area to make it more rigid. That's just an idea I had, but I'm no expert.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Buy Naked & Famous. Cost less, fits better, better quality Denim. Fades faster.

ramminghard
08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Buy Naked & Famous. Cost less, fits better, better quality Denim. Fades faster. Where can you get them in Calgary?

know1edge
08-23-2011, 10:44 PM
leo's

Anton
08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Holt has them too.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Kix has them at the best price and selection.

C.NGUYEN
09-02-2011, 01:54 AM
i have 6 pairs of nudies, all unwashed, and all thinfinns, my black coateds i havent washed for 3 years hehehe they so shiny