PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Scratches

npham
08-14-2011, 07:22 PM
So a fucking bum decided to "clean" our 2 week old A3 and scratched the windshield. Didn't have a hope in hell of stopping this guy. Before I could do anything, his was using his busted squeegee to scratch the shit out of my windshield. He also got an SRT-8 Jeep and a new CTS as well. They aren't deep or long, but very annoying to look at since the car is so new.

Is there any type of product or server that will fill in these mirco-maring type scratches or will it be a constant reminder that you should never let anyone touch your car?

Stay the fuck away from Glenmore and Macleod Trail!

M.alex
08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Glass can be polished using high heat and special glass polishing products, but you have just as much chance distorting it as you do blending/fixing it (depending on how deep and how soft the glass is)

I'd leave it.

revelations
08-14-2011, 08:40 PM
These BUMS are there because people GIVE THEM MONEY.

npham
08-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by revelations
These BUMS are there because people GIVE THEM MONEY.

I'd rather give them a dollar then let them touch my car, I bet the majority on here would feel the same.

I'll probably end up leaving it as it was bound to happen, but so soon is just frustrating.

revelations
08-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Unless something has changed, the last time I checked they cleaned your windshield first and then asked for money.

Now if someone was outside cleaning windshields and mirrors in -25c weather.....

Cooked Rice
08-15-2011, 02:24 AM
Next time just hit the wipers.

Mar
08-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Next time just hit the wipers. Even better, hit the spray. Last time this happened to me I waited until he reached right over to the driver side, leaning right across my windshield and I blasted that motherfucker with washer spray. Haven't had a problem since.