PDA

View Full Version : How much is my car worth?

Hage69
08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Like the title states, i just wanted to know what my car is worth because I need to sell it quick. It's a 2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 5spd. It has 163xxx on it and it has factory cd player and am/fm, power locks, windows, and mirrors(heated), and also AC. I have it up in the marketplace for $5600 and also on kijiji and have only had 1 person call about it. Am I asking too much?

TIA

Nakadah
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Is that your car?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2001-Honda-Accord-LX-Sedan-Price-Drop-NEED-GONE-AUGUST-19-W0QQAdIdZ305661836

black13
08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
yea too much considering theres a v6 with leather on there for around $5k.

I'd say $4k and you would sell pretty fast.

Hage69
08-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Nakadah
Is that your car?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2001-Honda-Accord-LX-Sedan-Price-Drop-NEED-GONE-AUGUST-19-W0QQAdIdZ305661836
Yup

Originally posted by black13
yea too much considering theres a v6 with leather on there for around $5k.

I'd say $4k and you would sell pretty fast.

I don't wanna loose 2k on it tho I bought in February for 6k. and the ones for 5k fully loaded have like 50k+ km than mine does

G-ZUS
08-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Hage69

Yup

I don't wanna loose 2k on it tho I bought in February for 6k. and the ones for 5k fully loaded have like 50k+ km than mine does

You overpaid for it :)

Hage69
08-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

You overpaid for it :)

Ya I know that now but I need it gone and don't wanna sell for less than 5

Kloubek
08-15-2011, 10:54 AM
So... let me get this straight.

You overpay for a car.
You need it sold right away, but don't want to put it down to market value.

Good luck with that.

Hage69
08-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
So... let me get this straight.

You overpay for a car.
You need it sold right away, but don't want to put it down to market value.

Good luck with that.

The market value on these range between 4500-6k and they're all different sub-models. Its kinda hard to figure out what to put the price on it. Would 5300 still be to much lol?

hurrdurr
08-15-2011, 11:26 AM
$4k is still wishful thinking - you overpaid, you need to sell quick, you need to take a hit

Gibson
08-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Get a year of use out of it and then sell it for 4.5 - 5K.

hampstor
08-15-2011, 11:34 AM

The market value on these range between 4500-6k and they're all different sub-models. Its kinda hard to figure out what to put the price on it. Would 5300 still be to much lol?

You got 1 call at $5600. How many calls do you think you'll get at $5300?

Early 2000 4 door sedans are a dime a dozen - keep in mind people who may look at your car are likely looking at Camry/Maxima as well. As others have said, if you want a quick sale, the only way to differentiate your sale is to take a hit on the price.

benyl
08-15-2011, 11:37 AM

If you need it gone, 4500 is a good starting point. Anything more than that and it is just going to sit in your driveway.

Nakadah
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
You have simply over payed and that's no one's fault, but yours! I don't see the point in asking us whether or not you are asking too much when you do not want to move on the price.

There is a few things that you can do in order to receive more replies/calls, but this does not in any way mean that you are going to sell it.

First off you need to make good pictures of the vehicle. Those pictures that you have now are crappy and some of them are made when it was winter. This shows that you have been struggling selling.

Then, your car has high kms. Have you ever replaced the clutch or the timing belt? If yes, then write that down in your add.

I highly doubt that you have any chance of selling the vehicle at that price because it is simply overpriced, but you never know what might happen.

Good luck with your sale!

benyl
08-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I would also suggest that you take off the fart can.

An accord is a family car. A dad of two young kids isn't going to want the fart can and will deter buyers.

Kloubek
08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
^ I was thinking the same thing - but then that probably means he has to put more money into it, which means he will want to sell it for even more to recover the expense.

I also agree the pictures could be better - and the ad could be written more professionally. I would also make mention of the transmission working perfectly - as it is a weak area of this particular model.

I do not agree, however, that the k is *that* high. It is a 2001, after all.

The bottom line here, OP, is this:

The market sucks right now. Trust me - I turn over my vehicles pretty quickly and have tried to sell. If you want a quick sale, you're going to have to resign yourself to getting less than you would like.

Another tactic you can try (though people seldom listen) is to put it down in price, but make it *firm*. Sometimes people simply go for the cheapest. And if yours is, they might bite. (This didn't seem to work well for my C5 Corvette which was the cheapest in Canada but still didn't move easily)

max_boost
08-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

The bottom line here, OP, is this:

The market sucks right now. Trust me - I turn over my vehicles pretty quickly and have tried to sell. If you want a quick sale, you're going to have to resign yourself to getting less than you would like.

:werd: