PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne turbo insurance.

Maxt
08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Anyone driving one of these and care to share what you are paying for insurance?

nixrx8
08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Call and get a quote. There are so many factors.. age/driving record/previous claims.

2002civic
08-16-2011, 07:53 AM
NM

soloracer
08-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by nixrx8
Call and get a quote. There are so many factors.. age/driving record/previous claims.

An old man with no accidents but definately signs of mental health problems. ;)

A790
08-16-2011, 09:20 AM
www.kanetix.ca

CUG
08-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Is this one of those high-mileage $20k specials? That always looks so baller.

Maxt
08-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah I know there are a lot of factors, but some of the quotes I got seem a little ludicrous..

Thanks for that kanetix link, very interesting to see such a huge spread in pricing.
I found out the comprehensive insurance on a cayenne is huge, it has a very high theft claim rate. Still cheaper than the Gwagon I was looking at, but still pretty floored at the yearly rate.. The twin turbo part doesn't seem to be that huge of factor over the non turbo
@CUG, no its not a 20k high mileage, its a 2008 with 56k KM's on it, black on black.. Found an 09 with 31k on it, but comprehensive theft on the 09,10 and 11 are a point higher than the 08, which means even more to insure.
So far the bargain family rocket to insure is the SRT8 Jeep, its a 1/3rd of the price of the cayenne and 1/4 of the g wagon.

Masked Bandit
08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Yeah I know there are a lot of factors, but some of the quotes I got seem a little ludicrous..

Thanks for that kanetix link, very interesting to see such a huge spread in pricing.
I found out the comprehensive insurance on a cayenne is huge, it has a very high theft claim rate. Still cheaper than the Gwagon I was looking at, but still pretty floored at the yearly rate.. The twin turbo part doesn't seem to be that huge of factor over the non turbo
@CUG, no its not a 20k high mileage, its a 2008 with 56k KM's on it, black on black.. Found an 09 with 31k on it, but comprehensive theft on the 09,10 and 11 are a point higher than the 08, which means even more to insure.
So far the bargain family rocket to insure is the SRT8 Jeep, its a 1/3rd of the price of the cayenne and 1/4 of the g wagon.

Did you actually talk to your insurance provider? After I read your post I was messing around on my quoting software and yes the SRT8 is the cheapest of the bunch but it's not 1/3 of the Porsche or MB. Using generic old guy statistics with clean record living in the suburbs I only got a variance of $700 a year from best to worst messing around with those vehicles. Online quoting can be pretty tricky to get an accurate price, lots of pitfalls. I suggest you call your current provider to get some numbers.

Regardless of which one you end up with I'm sure the smile factor when you floor it will make you forget all about insurance costs!

:thumbsup:

Maxt
08-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah I have been running numbers online and with the 2 insurance companies I currently deal with. Right now the best number I have is 900 for jeep, 2400 for cayenne and gwagon is 4100. Gwagons are built for full time ballers I guess.

Masked Bandit
08-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah I have been running numbers online and with the 2 insurance companies I currently deal with. Right now the best number I have is 900 for jeep, 2400 for cayenne and gwagon is 4100. Gwagons are built for full time ballers I guess.

Something is definitely not coming up right then. With $900 on the Jeep the other two should be no more than $1800.

bighead2267
08-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Something is definitely not coming up right then. With $900 on the Jeep the other two should be no more than $1800.

OP, are you the only driver at home?

Maxt
08-17-2011, 01:26 PM
No, my wife drives as well as part time driver. should clarify G wagon is amg G55.

bighead2267
08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
No, my wife drives as well as part time driver. should clarify G wagon is amg G55.

i bet your wife isn't the most ideal for insurance company(age, license and insurance history). the different seems way too far to me. i would suggest call around or call again talk to different person? good luck

mdeleon
08-17-2011, 01:41 PM
I think there's a sign to deal with Masked Bandit rather than just get his opinions.

Maxt
08-17-2011, 03:15 PM
The high insurance cost is kind of taking away the want to have. It may not seem like a lot, but I have been use to paying 1000.00 a year for 3 vehicles.

chkolny541
08-17-2011, 03:25 PM
why are you so scared of the telephone OP?

guessboi
08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
The high insurance cost is kind of taking away the want to have. It may not seem like a lot, but I have been use to paying 1000.00 a year for 3 vehicles.

I can assume this is just PL/PD. :)

Masked Bandit
08-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I want to be clear that I'm not trolling for business here, I'm just obviously in a better than average position to offer some unbiased advice.

When I check a SRT8 versus a G55, regardless of who the driver is there should only be about a 50% increase on the G55 over the SRT8 with the Porsche somewhere in the middle, apples to apples. That's my concern. If you're a 21 year old with a few tickets and the SRT8 is $3000 then the G55 should only be $4500. If OP's price on the SRT8 is only $900 then the G55 shouldn't be anymore than $1400. There's no way he should be $900 on the Jeep, $2400 on the Porsche & $4100 on the G55.

Maxt
08-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
why are you so scared of the telephone OP?
Been on and off the phone all day over insurance.

Maxt
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
That's interesting about that, maybe I am getting the Merc baller discount.
The conversations snowball about coverage and every rep wants a poke at my whole insurance portfolio. I have this that's higher this that's lower etc that now I need a couple of days to go through the different quotes I have. I know now my current rep isntt giving me a good price on higher end insurance, thanks guys.

LEGiiT
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Let me clarify. You, OP, have intentions to put JUST PL/PD insurance on either of these three vehicles? :facepalm:

Maxt
08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
You're kidding right :facepalm: ???
Even my 87 beater rx7 has full insurance on it.
If it were a PLPD insurance case, I wouldn't care, its pretty cheap, its the comprehensive part of the policy that really jacks the price and makes it one of those "well do I really like it that much" decisions...
Deer on the road is pretty big problem where I live, so I don't take the chance of basic insurance.

bspot
08-19-2011, 04:18 PM
I just checked out Kanetix.ca and it quoted me more than double my current rate as the lowest quote. Yuck.

m10-power
08-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Max try requesting a higher deductible on collision and comp. Also have you tried Intact? They are who I have my twinner insured, all my other vehicles are with a different carrier. They tried to get the rest of my business but they couldnt touch my current deal, only on the turbo since the other company told me it was way high because they didnt want to ensure that type of vehicle.

DannyO
08-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Anybody know how accurate those Kanetix quotes are? I only pay $1090 per year for full comp on my STI, but the cheapest quote given is $1700 up to $2500

Masked Bandit
08-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Kanetix is about as accurate as a drunk in a bar brawl.

The problem isn't the sight per se, it's fact that there are too many oportunities to input inaccurate information by accident. Even the smallest thing that a reasonable person wouldn't think would make a difference, can.

I was just on it the other day playing around and I could generate as much as a $400 variance just with very small changes.

The best advice I can give is to call your broker and review your file.

Maxt
08-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Kanetix is about as accurate as a drunk in a bar brawl.

The problem isn't the sight per se, it's fact that there are too many oportunities to input inaccurate information by accident. Even the smallest thing that a reasonable person wouldn't think would make a difference, can.

I was just on it the other day playing around and I could generate as much as a $400 variance just with very small changes.

The best advice I can give is to call your broker and review your file.
True, also it doesn't ask you every question it should, like has my Wife had any driver education. When I phoned a few on the list with a quote number to verify the cost, it changed a lot when they asked a few more questions, or I asked a few more questions.
My wife has had a drivers licence really for about 20 years overall, but because its a foreign licence they won't accept the history, yet the licence was completely transferable to a n Albertan licence. That ticks me off, so its pushing the quotes higher as only a 4 year driver. Passing the drivers test in Japan, is far harder than here, as is general driving.
I will try Intact next week, the bundle deals are pain in the ass to go through, in the end it all seems to even out in terms of price.
If nothing else, I learned a lot about insurance scaling in the last week. :nut:

bighead2267
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Intact should reconize Japan driving history(insurance so be prepare you will need claim experience letter to proof).

good luck

friedn00dles
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bighead2267
Intact should reconize Japan driving history(insurance so be prepare you will need claim experience letter to proof).

good luck

they do, i've placed clients that have Japan History just fine so long as a claims experience letter drafted up in English is attached

guessboi
03-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes Japan is accepted.

cam_wmh
03-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Is this one of those high-mileage $20k specials? That always looks so baller.
this sounds like bitter hating.

Maxt
03-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Hmmm, I could not get the Japanese history accepted...
I ended up with the srt8 out all of this, insurance is a lot cheaper than the cayenne, but maintenance is still pretty expensive on it.

Masked Bandit
03-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Hmmm, I could not get the Japanese history accepted...
I ended up with the srt8 out all of this, insurance is a lot cheaper than the cayenne, but maintenance is still pretty expensive on it.

SRT8 What? Details please!

Maxt
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM

SRT8 What? Details please!
I found a black 07 jeep srt8 with 50k km's on it, full load for 28k.. It was 5k-10k cheaper than all other jeeps I had looked at for with that kind of mileage. I was prepared to spend more, but when it came up for this price, I drove it, then I jumped at it, total bargain for what it is. I know on beyond I am suppose to brag about how much I over paid for something, but I am a cheapskate at heart and will take a deal when I see one.
The day before I bought it, I pulled onto deerfoot, to my left was a cayenne turbo, to my right was a Jeep SRT8. Exterior styling, the SRT8 is a far better looking vehicle and that kind of decided it for me in terms of brand. I just wish it didn't have the Cheese plastic Jeep stick on steering wheel center badge, and a shift knob copied from a fisher price driving toy.. Had those 2 things been made of real metal without the faux machine screws, the interior would look 100x better.