PDA

View Full Version : Watch fitment

JfuckinC
08-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I bought a watch last week and i love it, it felt like it fit right when in the store and the few days after.. but now i'm kinda thinking it's too loose.. But it seems like if i took a link out it'd be too tight?

How tight do you guys wear watches? I'm not a watch guy so i really have no clue. It wont rotate 360* around my wrist but it moves around easily...

bmeier
08-17-2011, 04:10 PM
if its a metal bracelet i like it a bit looser, as long as it doesnt flip around my wrist. to be honest though i dont like metal bracelets, leather is so much more comfortable.

Kardon
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I try and keep it tight enough as so the watch stays relatively in the same spot on my wrist. I find a loose watch very annoying.

rage2
08-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I used to wear my watches tight, so it's impossible to go over my wrist bone or whatever that hump is called on the wrist. Problem was when I started playing guitar, my wrist expands and it gets super uncomfortable. Now I wear it slightly loose, so that it can be pushed over the bone hump, but not enough for gravity to pull it down while I'm walking.

statick
08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
When the watch is sitting 2.5cm below where my forearm ends and my palm begins, I am able to slide my little finger below the bracelet or strap fairly comfortably. Something similar to what Kardon has said, I suppose.

Rage, you must do some insane shredding when playing! I don't find my wrist expands too much when playing :dunno:

Weapon_R
08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
If you are going to get serious about watch collecting, get a cheap watch repair kit so you can always adjust your watches. For the same price as resizing it at a shop, you can get a few pieces to keep your watch in good repair.

ga16i
08-17-2011, 09:24 PM
My watch slides around a bit, I like to keep it loose enough to allow me to bend the wrist at 90 degrees like when you put your hand on a desk while standing. I find that I do that a lot for whatever reason, so I can't have it too tight. Definitely notice a difference with expansion and contraction in summer and winter.

JfuckinC
08-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If you are going to get serious about watch collecting, get a cheap watch repair kit so you can always adjust your watches. For the same price as resizing it at a shop, you can get a few pieces to keep your watch in good repair.

That's a good idea.. i won't really be collecting per'se but i do want to have a few options.. Where would be a good place to look for something like that?

Thanks for the insight guys.. i think it's pretty close right now, but if i can grab a kit i'm going to try one link less to see how it feels.

jonnycat
08-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Now I wear it slightly loose, so that it can be pushed over the bone hump, but not enough for gravity to pull it down while I'm walking.

:werd:

Weapon_R
08-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Ebay has some cheap kits that do the job. There are more expensive ones on watchuseek, but you won't need that much if you intend on doing it much.

ercchry
08-24-2011, 10:40 PM
i find if i wear mine too tight my fingers start to tingle and then the watch gets tighter and tighter as my wrist starts to expand :rofl:

so i tend to try and keep it a little loose to right before the point of if i throw my arms down it doesnt make contact with my hand... which leaves a bruise... like what my nixon currently does when im on a seadoo or something. i should fix that, but i think if i took a link out i would be too tight (same boat as you)

ideally all metal straps should be like the rolex sea dweller and have an adjustable clasp :poosie: