PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to install bathroom fan?

Mike09
08-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Hoping someone may be able to help me out here. I have a bathroom fan that i'd like replaced, but I'm not sure whom to call so i'm hoping someone is able to reccomend a qualified person to me.
Basically I have a 2 storey home (newer) that has a fairly large 2nd floor bathroom w/ seperate shower and soaker tub. I'm finding that the humidity in this bathroom seems to linger much to long, and it looks as though the builder just installed a standard fan in the home. I'm looking for someone to install a larger, higher CFM exhaust fan.
I'd appreciate any good reccomendations.
Thanks

Tik-Tok
08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Pretty easy DIY :dunno:

craigcd
08-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Is it easy? I was wondering about this when I was developing my basement. The enclosure is essentially framed and dry walled in- so I guess you would need to find a larger fan that fit in the existing exclosure? Am I out to lunch on this :dunno:

kenny
08-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Replacing an existing one is really easy. Kill the power and remove the old one and bring it to home depot when buying the better model so the size/shape is the same.

Mike09
08-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Yea, i Figured direct replacement is easy, but I need a larger opening for the bigger one I want, as the current opening and exhaust hose may not be the right size either??