PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever buy a car stereo from the US - Anyone know of a decently priced installer

cornelius85
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
I am looking to get a head unit installed in my truck with blue tooth, and also with a rear camera. The prices from retailers on Ebay are way cheaper than buying locally. They say 1 year warranty but don't say wether or not the warranty is valid across the border. Anyone know? How reliable are new units? I am looking at a pioneer unit, or a Clarion Double Din DVD player and possibly the NAV units? I worry the screen may go and then I am hooped. For the Clarion Unit with a rear camera I was quoted $1050.00 locally. I can get it off of ebay through a reputable seller brand new for $650 + GSt and whatever duty I get charged for it crossing the border. Is it worth the risk?

Also I am looking for an installer. Anyone have someone who they can suggest that is good quality, and decent price? My main concern is quality, but I don't want to pay too much either. I was quoted $450.00 with the harnesses dash kit, and any other requirements from a local installer to my work, but it is the only price I have so far.

Hopefully someone can help.