PDA

View Full Version : LF: Web-designer for a startup company

Critical
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
On the search for a web-designer for our startup company, we are a team of three consisting of a developer, graphic artist and an accountant.

If you're looking for a project to work on in your spare time that has great potential to become something big then pm and we can talk further.

Kept it short due to a time issue, hopefully some people are interested

M.alex
08-18-2011, 08:56 PM
What is the area of focus on your company?

Critical
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
What is the area of focus on your company?

Do you mean of? Our company is a website that provides a service that not only connects buyer and sellers of specific products and services* but also allows sellers and buyers to attain a rating system in which they can build a reputation for themselves for their future careers/jobs.

* Legal of course, worded the paragraph weird because we don't want to leak many details of the idea until we find a suitable person

A790
08-18-2011, 10:04 PM
So you're looking for someone to design YOUR website, or to act as a web designer?

sabad66
08-18-2011, 10:58 PM
It's in Careers... guessing he is looking for a web designer to join their company.

Critical
08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
It's in Careers... guessing he is looking for a web designer to join their company.

Precisely.

Mar
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Are you looking for a designer or developer? Sounds like you already have an artist for design.

Critical
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Designer. The graphic designer is strong with logos, ads, UI components, icons ect.. but no experience with building a web design from scratch.

Mar
08-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Critical
Designer. The graphic designer is strong with logos, ads, UI components, icons ect.. but no experience with building a web design from scratch. So I don't get it.....you are looking for a developer?

designer = make the design in Photoshop and hand it to developer
developer = create an actual website to look like the design they're given

I could do this for you as a developer but I'd invoice you for any time.

Critical
08-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Mar
So I don't get it.....you are looking for a developer?

designer = make the design in Photoshop and hand it to developer
developer = create an actual website to look like the design they're given

I could do this for you as a developer but I'd invoice you for any time.

No. The graphic designer is not a web designer.

Mar
08-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Critical

No. The graphic designer is not a web designer.
My graphic designer designs my web sites and I code them. But I'll take your word for it.

CompletelyNumb
08-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Graphic designer: Makes pretty things
Web designer: Makes functional templates out of said pretty things
Developer: Does backend programming for said templates

That's how I always understood it? :hijack:

Boat
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds like you are needing a web developer to create the functionality of the website, as its not just some cookie cutter one.