PDA

View Full Version : Taobao.com (Chinese ebay) - anyone use it?

canadian_hustla
08-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Do any of you beyond'ers have experience with ordering from sellers off of taobao.com? It looks like you have to make an account etc but I am not sure if you can sign up if you live in another country. Also, for those that have used it - have any of the sellers been receptive to mailing to Canada?

The reason that I am asking is because I have found a product that I want to buy. Only problem is that I do not understand Chinese haha

dirtsniffer
08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
haha, i wonder if anything is real on that site

realazy
08-18-2011, 10:46 PM
You pretty much have to know Chinese to use that site. They have good prices though, pretty much wholesale prices straight from the supplier. If you can type Chinese and communicate with the seller, some of them might be willing to ship to Canada.

dam_guy
08-19-2011, 12:53 AM
my girlfriend orders from there all the time. don't be fooled though, the pictures over glamorize everything... and i mean everything!!!!!

not saying everything is crap, but don't expect high quality products. what are you looking at exactly?

M.alex
08-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Sorry, I don't speak square box with numbers in it :(

流行女装 、男装精品 !!!!!!

gt2871r
08-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
Do any of you beyond'ers have experience with ordering from sellers off of taobao.com? It looks like you have to make an account etc but I am not sure if you can sign up if you live in another country. Also, for those that have used it - have any of the sellers been receptive to mailing to Canada?

The reason that I am asking is because I have found a product that I want to buy. Only problem is that I do not understand Chinese haha

I found some stuff too. Good deals, but not so good that they are too good to be true.

If you end up finding a way to order please let me know.

Weapon_R
08-19-2011, 08:17 AM
There are brokers who will help you buy items from taobao for a small fee.

canadian_hustla
08-19-2011, 11:15 AM
I am trying to buy aftermarket taillights for my car.

So I tried making an account on Taobao. Apparently, it forces you to register with Alipay which is equivilent to paypal. The catch is that you need a chinese phone number. Well, so much for that.

You would think that they would want to encourage global trade! :thumbsdow

Xtrema
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
As bad as Paypal is, I don't think I would trust a Chinese payment system.

mugensix
08-20-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.taobaooutlet.com/?gclid=CMLH7Pr93qoCFYHc4AodAifZ7A