PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Man Faces 2000$ Fine (4x4)

Sugarphreak
08-19-2011, 08:07 AM

ZMan2k2
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't see what the problem is. He was warned by others not to cross there, he did anyways and got stuck. Then he got caught going off trail. It's guys like him that ruin it for those who go offroad respectfully, to enjoy what's out there. Maybe others will get the message and realize that if you go off trail, you face punishment.

Cos
08-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Dumbass. Dont feel bad for him at all. Off roading is expensive and hard enough to allow people to support. Douchebags like this just make all of us look retarded.

I like camping and I like my truck. I go out with the intention to wreck NOTHING (car or environment).

Sugarphreak
08-19-2011, 10:36 AM

JfuckinC
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
HAHAHA where the fuck was he trying to get too anyway? looks pretty steep on the other side there :rofl:

also, why is there a rescue helicopter there anyway?

TomcoPDR
08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I hope he has to pay his own recuse, tow bill.

desi112
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
HAHAHA where the fuck was he trying to get too anyway? looks pretty steep on the other side there :rofl:

also, why is there a rescue helicopter there anyway?

To rescue him?

JfuckinC
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by desi112

To rescue him?

The only thing that needs to be rescued is his truck lol.. what are they going to do fly him from that gravel bar to shore?

G-ZUS
08-19-2011, 12:36 PM
:facepalm:

Abeo
08-19-2011, 12:39 PM
With that photo, I can't tell where he was trying to go, or why he drove into the creek like that. His story seems to make no sense.

Hopefully this will be a deterrent to all the long weekend yahoos

Redlyne_mr2
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
whitetrash redneck.

Nufy
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
My guess is the po po were in the helicopter...

Guillermo
08-19-2011, 01:41 PM
what a dumbass. look at the location of his truck - there's a cliff on the other side of the creek. clearly he was just trying to tear up the stream and not cross.

i grew up in a pretty redneck family myself and we were always tearing around on quads, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, etc. etc. etc. But at the same time, I also appreciate nature and it really bothers me when I see idiots tearing shit up just for kicks. :guns: This picture is nothing compared to some of the shit you see people doing in wetlands, etc.

Cooked Rice
08-28-2011, 10:52 PM
lol. dumbass :rofl:

revelations
08-29-2011, 07:42 AM
booze and 4x4 vehicles dont mix.... usually

dimi
08-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Sorry but when you have an area open to offroading, 4x4s, atvs, dirtbikes, quads, its just going to get destroyed. Plain and simple.

Wiaporous/McLean/Livingstone are great examples. Destroyed habitat and garbage everywhere.

“I wasn’t out to kill fish” Why don't we dip your dirty/oily undercarriage in your drinking water and see you try that shit out.

syritis
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Sorry but when you have an area open to offroading, 4x4s, atvs, dirtbikes, quads, its just going to get destroyed. Plain and simple.

Wiaporous/McLean/Livingstone are great examples. Destroyed habitat and garbage everywhere.

“I wasn’t out to kill fish” Why don't we dip your dirty/oily undercarriage in your drinking water and see you try that shit out.

I couldn't agree more. the problem isn't 4x4ing, it's the ignorant shits that thinking drinking excessively, shooting guns and demolishing everything is part of 4x4ing.

I can't find my example but few years ago there was that "tread lightly" group that was dragging burnt cars out of McLean. props to them for showing what actual 4x4ing is.

my problem is that there are no more 4x4 trails. everything is being restricted to only allow atv. the only 4x4 "trails" are the roads used for camping sites. they go back ~1km into the woods and end.

Maxt
08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah its hard to see where he was going, that camper isn't going to scale that vertical shore thats for sure..
The destroying fish eggs by churning up silt is a total load though, look at the colour of the water to start with...
I see problems on both sides here, the guy is moron for trying what he did, but also I think the recreational areas are way over managed. They keep making more and more rules, yet the problem has always been people who didn't give a flying fuck about the rules to start with.... So all you do is make life worse and restrict the responsible people.

FraserB
08-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by syritis

I can't find my example but few years ago there was that "tread lightly" group that was dragging burnt cars out of McLean. props to them for showing what actual 4x4ing is.

my problem is that there are no more 4x4 trails. everything is being restricted to only allow atv. the only 4x4 "trails" are the roads used for camping sites. they go back ~1km into the woods and end.

This was the CJA, and they still do it. As well as the CT4WD guys and the other clubs in town.

There was a torched fullsize that was pulled out of the bush just a few weeks ago and there is another that will be coming out before Mclean closes. The members who do this kind of thing do it on their own time, pay their own costs for the day (gas, food etc..) and are responsible for any damages to their vehicles. The RCMP and SRD don't pay them to do it. They also do trail reclamation projects and build things like bypasses and bridges to minimize the effect on the environment.

The 4x4 trails that exist, beyond stock friendly, are a bit further to get to and no one will tell Joe Blow on the internet how to get to them for exactly this reason. We don't want to see our trails get shut down by retards.

syritis
08-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I wish i had the income to help with those projects.
Props to them for taking on the challenge.