PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT BUY WeatherTech Floor Mats!

BensonTT
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Weather Tech described there floor mats as laser precision cut for a perfect fit however when I received my floor mats there was a huge gap. Seems like they sent me a defective one..

Emailed customer service describing my problem and even sending them pictures.. They told me it should not not fit like that admitting that these are faulty mats.. Now this is the shocker!! They will not do an exchange for me but they told me to take a heat gun and try to fix the problem myself! :dunno: wtf?

What do you guys think I should do? I told them I do not want to fix it and that I should be able to do an exchange!! 3 days now and no reply from them!

Here is there warranty that I copy and pasted from there website

Q: What is the warranty on WeatherTech® Products?
A: WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats are guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of ten years from the date of purchase.
All other WeatherTech® products are guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of purchase.

Exclusions to this warranty are wear through due to severe abrasive conditions, chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc. We are reasonable people and we believe in customer satisfaction. Depending on the situation, we will either replace your product at no charge or charge you a prorated amount for a replacement.

Here are the pictures!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/Picture008-1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/Picture006-5.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/Picture007-3.jpg

JustinMCS
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
I think it is time to call them.

BensonTT
08-19-2011, 11:30 AM
PLEASE CLOSE THREAD! Customer service just emailed me and told me that he talked to the manager and they will do an exchange!!

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD!

codetrap
08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Hehe.. that didn't take long.

I love my Weathertech floor mats. I got them with the Outlander, and they fit perfectly. Easy to clean, and they do a phenomenal job at protecting the carpets.

Honestly though, looking at the photo, I think you could take a heat gun to it and it would probably fit well... but if they're willing to exchange them, so much the better.

Modelexis
08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
My mats are wearing thin where my heel sits, pretty soon there will be a hole and in the winter water will leak in.
I'll have to look at putting something in that area for strength, like shoe goo?

any suggestions?

Xtrema
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
My mats are wearing thin where my heel sits, pretty soon there will be a hole and in the winter water will leak in.
I'll have to look at putting something in that area for strength, like shoe goo?

any suggestions?

Guarantee - WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats are guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship for 10 years from the date of purchase. Exclusions to this warranty are wear due to severe abrasive conditions and chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc. We are reasonable people and we believe in customer satisfaction. Depending on the situation, we will either replace your FloorLiner at no charge or charge you a prorated amount for a replacement.

Try to claim warranty, what you got to lose? They may or may not call it excessive wear and you may get a new mat out of it.