PDA

View Full Version : Review: "Spoonful" in Bowness.

LollerBrader
08-19-2011, 10:50 PM
What a pleasant surprise. This unassuming little venue, sandwiched between a shitty bar and a bankrupt blockbusters, serves up first class chinese/thai fusion.

It was simply excellent. The service was attentive, well timed, without hovering. The prices were very reasonable, and reflected the location more than they did the food.

I don't imagine a lot of folks go to Bowness looking for Haute asian cuisine... but it's worth the trip.

I will be back, and if I can't make the trip, I snagged a menu for delivery.

Kritafo
08-20-2011, 10:45 AM
really we went a few months ago and it was crap. We normally go to the Bowness Vietnamese place if we can't make it down to Pho Hoai and it happened to be closed so we headed over.. nothing we had was spectacular. We had chili pepper fried rice, Singapore noodles and Thai chicken. We went at 7 pm there was nobody in the place on a Friday night. Dirty glasses and the service was horrible. I had suggested trying it as the reviews on Urbanspoon were favorable. ugh.. maybe we had a bad night but I am not going back to try again.

Mixalot27
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM
How about some detail as to what dishes you ordered, prices, etc? Maybe even upload a copy of the menu.

black_2.5RS
08-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I thought that place was very average. Probably won't go again.

swak
08-21-2011, 09:56 AM
They have lunch specials daily.

Ive been there for lunch a few times.... Its good food (esp. for a $9 lunch special). Its nothing over the top, but for a good cheap chinese food restaurant. It does a good job.

LollerBrader
08-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by swak
They have lunch specials daily.

Ive been there for lunch a few times.... Its good food (esp. for a $9 lunch special). Its nothing over the top, but for a good cheap chinese food restaurant. It does a good job.

Wow.. Can't belive you guys... you're a tuff crowd.

Had Top yum soup... Swimming ramma, Cocnut rice... Gyoza.

Thought it was all very good. I suspect they're better at the thai side than the chinese side.

rocketgirl
08-22-2011, 02:08 PM
the lemon pepper curry chicken on spinach is awesome. Also had the scallops with asparagus in curry cream sauce, which isn't on the menu but we saw a pic of it on the window and asked for it...also very tasty.

I'd definitely go back.