PDA

View Full Version : Market Value for 2008 Civic Coupe DX - 42K?

Mixalot27
08-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi,

Thinking of getting rid of my 2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX. The car was bought in Oct 2009 so basically close to a year newer than some 08's. It is Rallye Red and has 42 000Kms on it. Honda Plus warranty until Jan 2013.

In close to 3 years I have had only 2 problems with the car, both of which T & T Honda was completely useless in solving, never take your car there or purchase a car there IMO. 1st issue was my rear bumper became slightly out of alignment with rear quarter panel, I believe merely from impact of closing trunk. T & T said issue was "too technical" for their honda tech to handle. I've since had a body shop fix the issue and it took them less then 10 mins to solve. Basically undo 2 screws, reposition bumper, re-tighten the 2 screws. Next issue is 2 out of 3 of my manual locks no longer function. T & T Honda tried to fix the issue but again were totally incompetent. Okotoks Honda has now ordered the replacement parts and the issue will be fixed within the next week.

Doing searches on Kijjii and other popular sites, I have found lots of ads from dealers and private listing for the car at around 15.5K range. Obviously that is what they are listing at not what they are actually selling for. I'm looking for opinions of what you think a fair selling price would be? Also what car brands might be willing to give me a good deal on a trade in. Would be interested in another small enonobox type car or a small truck (V6, 2 x 4, extended or crew cab).

Just hoping to find out ballpark what my cars is worth, so I can determine if I'm upside down on my lease or can get rid of it at a minimal loss.

The terms of my lease are I owe 25 more pmts of $245 and then a buyout of $6200 + tax at the end.

Thanks.

cloud7
08-20-2011, 11:45 AM
$10-$12K I think is the range of market value you are looking at. As for the dealer, they were likely just too lazy to look at it seriously for you. Those are simple problems to fix as you've said and I don't think they are all that rare problems anyway. I just hope that they didn't just brush people away everytime they encountered those problems. If I were the owner, I would be pretty pissed that my customers are not properly look after.

IRL
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I just purchased a 2010 Civic DX 15K on odometer from T&T Honda for $14600. List was $15900. From our research a 2008 would get you around 12,000-13,000.