PDA

View Full Version : Nissan giving $200 for a test drive?

gyu
08-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Any of you guys receive this in the mail?

"Stop in and take a qualified test drive in any of our Nissan line-up and NissanNowEvent.ca will give you a $200 gift certificate. No strings attached. No purchase necessary."

Sounds too good to be true :dunno:

s dime
08-23-2011, 02:40 AM
probably a 200 dollar certificate towards a new car.
:dunno:

nobb
08-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Yea...is this $200 off the car or actual cash? Mazda has a $50 gas card right now for test driving their vehicles.

dandia89
08-23-2011, 08:58 AM
a gift certifcate... so its probably for a nissan dealership

Tik-Tok
08-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Advantage Ford had the same deal the other week. A $200 Visa giftcard for a test drive. I booked my appointement, and then ditched it because I hate Advantage Ford, so I can't tell you if it's legit or not.

Mar
08-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I want to make sure I have their marketing strategy figured out here.

You go in and take a test drive and want to buy the vehicle.
The salesman tells you to go home and wait 6-8 weeks for a gift certificate to arrive in the mail
Come back in 2 months to buy it.

:dunno: That doesn't make sense.

BigMass
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
went for the $25 card at Suzuki about a month ago and they reneged on the deal as soon as me and a friend walked in. "You guys here for the gas card? we're not doing it". IMO Most of these deals are scams you don't find out about until you actually go there and try to collect

Nakadah
08-23-2011, 10:50 AM
That's the email that I received:

You've been important to our dealership in the past and so we are making a special offer to you. Very few people in town are getting this special VIDEO email invitation to get a $200 gift card for test driving a car at our store. CLICK HERE so Ashley can tell you about it herself. Or unsubscribe to get no further special offers. Click Here To Get $200 TEST DRIVE A NEW NISSAN GET $200 You could even win $25,000 in cash or the car of your dreams! Everybody is looking for the ultimate "insider" deal on their next vehicle. Well you are on OUR insider list and we're going to get you our best price, a $200 gift card and chance to win $25,000 or the car of your dreams! CLICK ON ASHLEY TO LEARN MORE For Royal Oaks Platinum Members Royal Oak Nissan | 7690-110 Ave N.W. Calgary, AB T3R1R8 | (877) 455-9318 This message was sent to ************** from: Royal Oak Nissan, General Manager | 7690-110 Ave N.W. Calgary, AB | Calgary, AB T3R1R8, Canada

I don't usually fall for these things. Haven't even bothered to go check it. When I click on Ashley she tells me next to nothing lol.

G-ZUS
08-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
went for the $25 card at Suzuki about a month ago and they reneged on the deal as soon as me and a friend walked in. "You guys here for the gas card? we're not doing it". IMO Most of these deals are scams you don't find out about until you actually go there and try to collect

I went to North HIll mazda for theres a while back. I didn't even test drive a car the guy just had a GC sent out to me which was a prepaid VISA

gyu
08-23-2011, 11:03 AM
$25 seems more reasonable, but $200? :eek: Any Beyond guys work at Nissan?
I wonder if the sales people are expecting a lot of people to come in with no interest of buying or leasing a car just to get the gift card, I don't want them flipping out on me for wasting their time

max_boost
08-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by gyu
I wonder if the sales people are expecting a lot of people to come in with no interest of buying or leasing a car just to get the gift card, I don't want them flipping out on me for wasting their time

Go do it and report back.

Just mention the $200 gift card at the end.

lol Sorath works at Nissan.

Tik-Tok
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

You mean South Deerfoot Suzuki was lying and scamming? I don't believe you, they are a very reputable dealership, just search Beyond for reviews!

Disoblige
08-25-2011, 06:25 PM
It says:

_______, bring in this voucher in order to receive your $200 Gift Card with your qualified test drive!*

There's a "*" next to it, I wonder what it means. I hope it just means you have to be qualified to purchase the vehicle, such as a credit check or something.

D'z Nutz
08-25-2011, 11:04 PM
I just did the test drive tonight, not cause I wanted the $200 but because I'm actually considering a Nissan. To get the $200, you have to apply and qualify for a credit approval on one of their cars. And the $200 is just a gift certificate to some crappy website full of crappy things (cook books, board games, cheap jewelry, etc...)

zipdoa
08-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by gyu

Come in, Test drive, Do credit app, get $200 voucher for purchase of goods @ desginated online store.