PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of old tires. Dump?

Hakkola
08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Have a bunch of old tires that I need to dispose of, what's the best way of doing this? Do I just take them to the dump?

Tarrantula
08-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Leave them in a shitty part of town?

Lots of places leave there fucked tires bin out overnight, just toss em in there.

Abeo
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
http://content.calgary.ca/CCA/City+Hall/Business+Units/Waste+and+Recycling+Services/Recycling+information/Residential+services/Tire+recycling/Tire+Recycling.htm

Where can I recycle my tires?
In Calgary, four or less tires can be disposed of at the Throw 'n' Go area at the City landfills where they will be recycled free of charge. More than four tires must be taken to the City's Shepard landfill where regular landfill rates apply.

arian_ma
08-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm pretty sure places like Canadian Tire leave their used tire bin out as well.

master hec0
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
if they hold air stack em on your driveway and post a free ad on kijiji they are always gone by morning:burnout:

g-m
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
iirc you pay the environment fee when you buy them. I've had shops just take them free of charge

Thaco
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by g-m
iirc you pay the environment fee when you buy them. I've had shops just take them free of charge truth

Modelexis
08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
I've gone to kal tire on edmonton trail around back and i just asked one of the guys in the shop if it was ok to toss my loose tires in their bin.

Every shop person I've ever asked a favor from has been very polite and eager to help me out. They make some money from it too so it's almost like a small donation to support your local garage.