PDA

View Full Version : Review and Rebuttal: Minute Muffler on 32nd Ave NE

Pages : [1] 2

RondaBonda
08-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Nothing but complete unprofessionalism there who dont take accountability for their own mistakes. Last week I had my drums rounded there as well as some lube behind the shoes and the idiot cranked my shoes so tight that you couldnt even turn the back wheels. I didnt know, so off I go and notice my car wasnt accelerating as fast. I only live 3mins away so i get home, pull my ebrake and its super tight, so tight it would only go up 2 notches and it took a lot of force! By this time the shop was closed for the day so I would go Monday to talk to them.

I didnt want to drive the car anywhere because the shoes were ridiculously way too tight. Called one of my mechanics, he comes by to back off my shoes. When we had it up in the air, the wheels took a helluva lot of force to move let alone spin. Also the drums were sorching hot and we had to literally unbolt it off after waiting 20mins for it to cool.

We get the drums off and notice the right wheel hub was heatscored becaquse of the heat. The drums were fine and the left hub was fine.

Also the lugnuts on my left wheel were way too loose. They were only torqued to about 60lb!

Go back yesterday to the shop to talk to the manager and (no surprise) they deny everything and basically act all surprised when i tell them. Get this, one of the old grumps there told me rudely "it comes like that" when i point out the heat scored hub to him and said i expect them to replace it. I then told him "then why isnt the other one like that too?" He just walks away. Dont try to play me for a fool. Those lame lies may work on the other customers you pull it on but not me.

They said they cant do anything because unless the wheel bearing is shot they cant, and my wheel hub still spins fine. Its just that the heatscore is premature wear on it, so its not going to last as long as the other now.

Even then they would only replace it with the absolute cheapest brand they can find. Are you kidding me? I have timkens on now, theyre some of the best if not the best for bearings. If youre replacing it, youre replacing it with another timken, not some generic partsmaster POS.

So I left, contacted head office in Ontario and havent heard back. Am I out to lunch to think they should be responsible for covering the cost replacing my wheel hub? They denied everything. And the loose wheel nuts on the left tire, how do you explain that? If I had left it, with the right side being overly tight and the left too loose i would have skided and who knows what could result from it.

They werent willing to do anything but just let me go. Nothing to make up for thier mistakes. No sympathy. They obviously dont realize the huge safety issue of having lugnuts too loose on any wheel. Any shop that allows any car to leave their shop like this should be shut down iMO, just no excuses when it comes to safety.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP AT ALL COSTS

dj_rice
08-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I've been to this shop twice for exhaust installs. I believe its called Apollo Brake and Muffler now. The one across from McCall Lake Golf Course?

If it is, I've had nothing but great results from them for exhaust work. Price was reasonable and the work/welding was good. So that sucks about your experience.

RondaBonda
08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I've been to this shop twice for exhaust installs. I believe its called Apollo Brake and Muffler now. The one across from McCall Lake Golf Course?

If it is, I've had nothing but great results from them for exhaust work. Price was reasonable and the work/welding was good. So that sucks about your experience.

Minute Muffler is different, theyre right by the Timmys on 32nd and Shell gas station.

adam c
08-23-2011, 12:47 PM
It's definitely minute muffler, i cringe just looking at that place every time i fill up at Shell

dj_rice
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RondaBonda

Minute Muffler is different, theyre right by the Timmys on 32nd and Shell gas station.

I think I am wrong about the name. Its beside XS Cargo right?

Then yea its the same place I went too. The 2 times I went, the first time it was just Minute Muffler and then I believe a worker named Ike bought it from previous owner. 2nd time Ike still owned it. So maybe it has changed hands and different owners now.

But I had great service for exhaust work. Sent many people there to get exhaust done and they were happy too.

G-ZUS
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by adam c
It's definitely minute muffler, i cringe just looking at that place every time i fill up at Shell

Why is that? I have had some work (exhaust, Cv shaft replacement and trailing arm bushing) done by them and was happy with the work performed. Also sent many friends there who had no complaints.

adam c
08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
I watch the guys there performing the work and they don't look like they care about what they are doing

One time they couldn't get a tire off so they took a hammer to the rim and just pounded the shit out of it, i was done filling up before they got it off

another time they were joking about how a car almost fell off the hoist

my opinion they don't look like someone i would take my car to, but that's imo

RondaBonda
08-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by adam c
I watch the guys there performing the work and they don't look like they care about what they are doing

One time they couldn't get a tire off so they took a hammer to the rim and just pounded the shit out of it, i was done filling up before they got it off

another time they were joking about how a car almost fell off the hoist

my opinion they don't look like someone i would take my car to, but that's imo

Well considering how theyre handling my situation i have to say what you said is 100% true. The idiots there just dont care. I could have been a long time returning customer with many referals sent their way if they would have at the very least taken accountability for their actions and make up for their mistakes. But instead they try to deny everything like as if i was making things up and just let me walk.

Replacing the wheel hub isnt expensive, the timkens only cost me $90cdn shipped. So its not about the cost but about the principle.

revelations
08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
(OP is an idiot)

n1zm0
08-23-2011, 01:17 PM
you took your car to a muffler shop to get your drum shoes machined? cmon man wth...

j/k i know they 'do' brakes too

ever since i worked at a dealership and had to clean up after the horrendous jobs quik-e-lube/quik-brake kids did on customer cars, i vowed to never ever let anyone close to me go there and i would do their oil change and/or brakes if possible for them if i had time.

no offence to them but imo theres a reason ppl stay stuck in those types of shops and dont move onto dealerships or privately owned mechanics shops, they're just backyard mechanics as said and only want to know the basics and quick fixes. not ALL ppl working at those places are shady/mechanically declined but the good majority of them are im sure.

RondaBonda
08-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Thats true nizmo. But at first i figured machining drums and throwing some lube on shouldnt be that difficult so i could trust them.

Well hopefully H.O. gets back to me, dont you think they should be covering the cost of my new wheel hub?

Im also going to do a charge back on my Mastercard for defective goods once the transaction shows up on my statement. I called my bank and they said to put it under defective goods followed by a letter by my mech stating the problems he had to fix which i have no problem getting.

BensonTT
08-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Ike doesnt work there no more.. he retired and sold the place like 10 yrs ago... lol

culebra
08-23-2011, 02:48 PM
I used to go to Minute Muffler for all my oil change past 4 years. Simply it was close to my work, that's all.

Last time i went there was about a month ago for my oil change and I noticed they now have a new management. i guess the new ownership isn't great as previous.

RondaBonda
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Just spoke with the regional manager on the phone, gave him the speal and will get in contact again tommorow after he has a talk with the goons at that store. I already told him, i know all of them will just deny all of it. Not even one has probably never manned up in his life, so theyre not going to change now.

Im still doing a chargeback on my card and will get the money for a new hub from these cheeseballs.

YamahaV8
08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by culebra
I used to go to Minute Muffler for all my oil change past 4 years. Simply it was close to my work, that's all.

Last time i went there was about a month ago for my oil change and I noticed they now have a new management. i guess the new ownership isn't great as previous.

Bingo. I have gotten lots of great exhaust work done there just like a lot of beyonders. I think most people here defending the shop didn't know they got new management recently. Since the new managers took over I have heard nothing but horror stories. Stay away from this place.

bourge73
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
^^ crap. They were my go to shop. Well any other suggestions? was about to go for more work :dunno:

dj_rice
08-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
^^ crap. They were my go to shop. Well any other suggestions? was about to go for more work :dunno:

Carline is the 2nd popular suggestion. Locations not too sure which are recommended. You will have to do a search

forced_eg
08-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Steven I cant say im shocked that you are posting this about my shop, you are one of the pickyest customers ive dealt with. But I am dissapointed because when you were leaving my shop, you didnt argue my decision NOT to replace your hub/bearing. I apologized for the inconvenience you had of the misadjusted rear brakes and explained how a ring of heat discoloration (not scoring) is not enough to warrant replacement, and you responded with a simple "thank you" And now that your raving and ranting behind a computer screen shows how spineless you are.

That being said, in an effort to defend my (newly aquired) shop, let me explain the whole story to everyone. Steven came in last week complaining that his brakes were "dragging" and that he himself replaced his drums, shoes, spring kits, wheel cylinders and the problem was still happening. He wanted me to loosen his brake lines to somehow test if his brake lines were holding pressure, this made no sense to me so I asked my tech Chris to see what the problem was, Chris brought the vehicle in and rechecked his work. Everything seemed fine and no dragging was happening at the time. One thing we did notice was that the rear shoes were contacting the drum on 2/3rds of the contact surface and a crack/chunk was missing from the LR forward shoe. Chris brake-kleened his shoes and we recommended driving it to allow the shoes to seat in properly. No charge for that visit, Steven thanked me and was on his way

He then made an appointment Saturday to come have it checked again because the problem was still happening, I brought the vehicle in, noticed slight drag after the brakes were released, but nothing out of the ordinary. Steven explained to me how he "let some air into the brake line" on the LR wheel and the "dragging" reduced quite a bit. Something didnt make sense so I boset the car down and took it for a drive. It was not a brake drag that was his problem, but more a groan, or a creak relevant to vehicle speed. The groan also was existent when pulling the handbrake so that eliminated the hydraulic side of things. I brought the vehicle in, hoisted it up and spun the wheels, Gary (who is the assistant manager here) noted that the rear drums were out of round because they would bind/drag at a certain position on both wheels and reccomended machining the rear drums. Steven was convinced that that was not the problem since the drums were new and it couldnt be possible, Gary was now offended and didnt want to waste any more time with Stevens car as there were 3 customers waiting for service. I continued to pull off the drums and noted that there wasnt any anti-sieze used, basically everything went in dry. Since Steven did his own work, it was basically pointless for me to do anything. I told him to head to autovalue, pick up a tub of anti-seize and pointed out where to clean and apply. I also recommended he take his drums off and try to get warranty, or bring to me to machine. I set the vehicle down, wished him good luck, reminded him my brake inspections were FREE and sent him on his way.

Steven comes back to get me to machine his drums for him and asked me to apply anti-seize "while i was there" (fellow advisors hear this countless times when someones looking for something free) When i was driving the vehicle in, I noticed that he did go buy anti-seize from auto value which led me to believe A. he was too lazy/unknowledgable to do it himself or B. his mechanic was sick of him coming back and said that wasnt the problem. I brought the vehicle in, started machining his drums and lubricating certain points of his rear brakes. Gary adjusted his brakes and put his drums on and I proceded to torque his wheels, I spun the right rear wheel and it did drag a little bit but I thought nothing of it, spun the left rear wheel, tightened it up and set the car down. We took it for a road test, noise went away, everybody wins. I charged steven $20 x 2 for machining, 35 for a hoist charge, and 15 for shop supplies (anti-seize and brake kleen for 3 visits) which I think is more than fair.

Monday morning I arrive to work and I hear the story of how the brakes were too tight and they had to be backed off on Saturday, I told Gary (assistant manager) and Pat (licenced tech) to have a look into this. They checked both drums on the brake lathe and they were not out of round, checked the shoes and they were not cracked, and the drum surface was not showing any signs of heat discoloration. Steven comes into the front office and tells me that he wants me to buy him a new hub/bearing, I go to the back, pull off the wheel/drum and see a blue ring on the hub around the center (like the tip of those fancy mufflers kind of blue) Gary explains to me that he came in with a dragging problem and that may have been there to begin with. I told Gary that i didnt remember seeing that there and its possible that it was due to our misadjustment. I then turn to Steven and explain to him how the bearing is showing no signs of damage and if its that cosmetic blue ring then I will not replace the bearing for him. Also I explained to him that if he insisted that I put a bearing on, I would put on a partsmaster from auto value. I also explained to Steven that if that bearing was damaged then i wouldnt mind putting on an SKF unit from NAPA. Steven thanked me and he seemed like he was okay with me rejecting his claim. And here we are...

Back to you Steven. I have a few problems with your story because alot of it simply isnt true. You left the shop at 2pm Saturday, Gary and myself were there until 4:30, not a single phone call from you, and you didnt drop by when you had a chance. Secondly, I torqued those wheels myself, please explain to me how you determined that they were torqued to 60lb/ft. And C why didnt your top notch mechanic do the damn job right the first time

That "old grump" who said it comes like that is Pat, hes been doing this since before myself and alot of the members of this forum were born, he figured that was from production (heat treating) of the hub and it wasnt machined out.

A gentleman named John Moch from head office will contact you tommorow morning about this issue, he advised me not to reply to this post in the interest of discretion. Gary, Pat, Chris and myself (Ravi) work really hard in making sure every customer is happy leaving the shop. Your personal attacks and untrue statements are a slap in the face to everything weve tried to accomplish these last four months under new ownership and that is the reason im so pissed off at your whining

To all other forum members, this shop is under new ownership. This place wasnt up to par before 05/11 when I took over and major changes took place. If you have any concerns/warranty issues with the old management feel free to give me a call to discuss it. Ravi 403-250-5010

BTW: that blue quad is mine

forced_eg
08-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

Bingo. I have gotten lots of great exhaust work done there just like a lot of beyonders. I think most people here defending the shop didn't know they got new management recently. Since the new managers took over I have heard nothing but horror stories. Stay away from this place.

This issue with the OP is my first dissatisfied customer since we took over, please tell whoever told you these stories that they should not hesitate to call me if they have any concerns.

bourge73
08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
forced_eg: Is Paul and Gary still there ? if so I WILL return.

forced_eg
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Paul is the man who sold it to me, he no longer works here,

Gary returned with me when I took over, he worked next to me at the forest lawn shop when I was at fountain tire and came over with me. He is a magician on the pipe bender and he takes great pride in his work

Pat is part of the furniture, he was there 15 years ago and is there now, he's old, slow, but knowledgeable and has very little comebacks

Chris is the newest there, he's an import nut and specializes in electrical, he's a great dash crawler

Ravi, me, bought the shop 4 months ago and now I'm expanding to ties and full auto

Id love to keep your business, your welcome to come down and meet the guys anytime

gyu
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I got recommendations from others on here to go there for exhaust work and I thought they did a pretty good job. I dealt with Ravi and Gary, they were both very friendly and that's one of the reasons why I went with them instead of Carline. The only bad thing is that the tip of my exhaust got scuffed a bit and a small nick was left on my canister (didn't realize it at the time, thought it was just dirty)

Isaiah
08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Taken a few years ago when part of their sign burned out.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/MinuteMuff.jpg

TomcoPDR
08-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by forced_eg

Gary returned with me when I took over, he worked next to me at the forest lawn shop when I was at fountain tire and came over with me. He is a magician on the pipe bender and he takes great pride in his work

I love the Forest Lawn location, do you own this Ravi? Never had a problem having MM warranty done, completely free of charge, no bullshit "shop fees" (this was 6 years ago, I drive newer-ish vehicles now, lol)... And you can walk to a lot of Pho places so if you drop off mid-morning, you can walk to Pho, then get some Hoes, etc... etc... When I was driving beaters and drop off at that location, I usually walk over to Totem, then Quality tools, then Parts source, and just check out the crazy ppl... then pick up my car and drive home.

RondaBonda
08-23-2011, 09:41 PM
[B]Steven I cant say im shocked that you are posting this about my shop, you are one of the pickyest customers ive dealt with.

You're right I am picky, I guess I should have just left the brakes as is and have everything in the rear of my car just roast till it glows firey red. Considering that you say im one of your pickiest past customers, then your entire client base must just not give a shit about their car. Sounds like your shops target market!

But I am dissapointed because when you were leaving my shop, you didnt argue my decision NOT to replace your hub/bearing. __I apologized for the inconvenience you had of the misadjusted rear brakes and explained how a ring of heat discoloration (not scoring) is not enough to warrant replacement, and you responded with a simple "thank you" And now that your raving and ranting behind a computer screen shows how spineless you are

I could have gone in and started yelling (and I think most people would have) so be thankful I chose not to because thats not how I wanted to deal with it. You said you werent going to replace it, end of story. You think by me then raising my voice I would have all of a sudden changed your mind? Stop trying to kid yourself and tell me that it would because you know that is a crock of shit. You couldnt even take accountability for your mistakes, you think im gonna waste anymore time by getting mad? Honestly you werent worth the extra buildup on a monday morning. knew it wasnt to happen so why would I waste my time only to get nowherr. I have no tolerance for any shop that doesnt take accountability. I just wanted to leave.

Steven was convinced that that was not the problem since the drums were new and it couldnt be possible,

I said that? If so then why would I call back shortly after leaving the first time to get my drums machined? You said theres "no gaurentee that machining them will fix it" and "heres what I want you to do...take the car home, put some anti-seize behind the shoes where it rubs and see try that out." Dont try putting more words in my mouth.

Gary was now offended and didnt want to waste any more time with Stevens car as there were 3 customers waiting for service.

Then maybe Gary or yourself should have told me that he was so "offended" and it would have saved me a trip back and all this unnessecary BS. Let me guess, you forgot to mention to him that you suggested to me to take my car home and lube the shoes first to try that out. Or wait you remembered, youre just covering up for your lack of honesty.

Oh and youre right, a wheel that doesnt spin is definitely normal. But since gary was so offended by me, now at least i know why he let my car go like that.

When i was driving the vehicle in, I noticed that he did go buy anti-seize from auto value which led me to believe A. he was too lazy/unknowledgable to do it himself

Actually, its common sense, I figured since I was already heading back to your shop to get my drums machined that you know ummm...hmmm....since everything would be already off, lubing the shoes isnt anything out of the ordinary. I guess you've never killed 2 birds with 1 stone before. And when I was at your shop, I never asked you to lube the shoes because I had already asked if you wanted to do it when I picked up the lube from Auto Value and gave you a ring right after. You said "you should just do it at home...to take it all apart its going to cost you about an hours labour...looking at around $100." When I got to the shop, I wasnt expecting you to lube it but after the drums have been on the machine for awhile you just went ahead with it. So dont try making up more lies saying how I was asking while in the shop. Lying is obviously a natural habit for you.

I told Gary that i didnt remember seeing that there and its possible that it was due to our misadjustment.

You know damn it was blue because of your misadjustment. What the hell else would it be from? Stop trying to cover up for your mistakes and take accountability!

Back to you Steven. I have a few problems with your story because alot of it simply isnt true. You left the shop at 2pm Saturday, Gary and myself were there until 4:30, not a single phone call from you, and you didnt drop by when you had a chance.

You do know why I didnt drive anywhere once I got home right? I already knew once I got home when my ebrake would take a helluva lot of force to pull up just 2 notches that you fucked up. You think im gonna take the car back to you? _Why exactly? I had no trust in your shops work at this point so i got someone else to properly fix your problems. Just because you have a clientel base that doesnt give a crap about their cars, dont assume im as forgiving as them.

Why dont you tell me how my car left your shop with the lugnuts on my left wheel lose. ?Oh right, my mechanic is probably making it up. Please. He has more honesty in his soul than every one of you do at your shop.

Your personal attacks and untrue statements are a slap in the face to everything weve tried to accomplish these last four months under new ownership and that is the reason im so pissed off at your whining

My apologizes, its totally uncalled for, for me to complain. Maybe you should have been with us when it took a helluva lot of effort getting the scorched drums off. You have absolutely no idea how hot they got. You should consider yourself lucky that it was only 1 hub that overheated, and not the brakes + drums + wheel cylinder as well. Because if they did, I would make sure you would be replacing all of it.

Youre just upset because im spreading the word to others to avoid your shop. I knew you were on here, now you have to deal with the bad comments. Big deal, its life, deal with it.

CHICHARITZHI
08-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Nothing but complete unprofessionalism there who dont take accountability for their own mistakes. Last week I had my drums rounded there as well as some lube behind the shoes and the idiot cranked my shoes so tight that you couldnt even turn the back wheels. I didnt know, so off I go and notice my car wasnt accelerating as fast. I only live 3mins away so i get home, pull my ebrake and its super tight, so tight it would only go up 2 notches and it took a lot of force! By this time the shop was closed for the day so I would go Monday to talk to them.

I didnt want to drive the car anywhere because the shoes were ridiculously way too tight. Called one of my mechanics, he comes by to back off my shoes. When we had it up in the air, the wheels took a helluva lot of force to move let alone spin. Also the drums were sorching hot and we had to literally unbolt it off after waiting 20mins for it to cool.

We get the drums off and notice the right wheel hub was heatscored becaquse of the heat. The drums were fine and the left hub was fine.

Also the lugnuts on my left wheel were way too loose. They were only torqued to about 60lb!

Go back yesterday to the shop to talk to the manager and (no surprise) they deny everything and basically act all surprised when i tell them. Get this, one of the old grumps there told me rudely "it comes like that" when i point out the heat scored hub to him and said i expect them to replace it. I then told him "then why isnt the other one like that too?" He just walks away. Dont try to play me for a fool. Those lame lies may work on the other customers you pull it on but not me.

They said they cant do anything because unless the wheel bearing is shot they cant, and my wheel hub still spins fine. Its just that the heatscore is premature wear on it, so its not going to last as long as the other now.

Even then they would only replace it with the absolute cheapest brand they can find. Are you kidding me? I have timkens on now, theyre some of the best if not the best for bearings. If youre replacing it, youre replacing it with another timken, not some generic partsmaster POS.

So I left, contacted head office in Ontario and havent heard back. Am I out to lunch to think they should be responsible for covering the cost replacing my wheel hub? They denied everything. And the loose wheel nuts on the left tire, how do you explain that? If I had left it, with the right side being overly tight and the left too loose i would have skided and who knows what could result from it.

They werent willing to do anything but just let me go. Nothing to make up for thier mistakes. No sympathy. They obviously dont realize the huge safety issue of having lugnuts too loose on any wheel. Any shop that allows any car to leave their shop like this should be shut down iMO, just no excuses when it comes to safety.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP AT ALL COSTS

Next time if u have problem about your car , u stay away from this shop cause they're not a auto mechanic, they're muffler installer.

forced_eg
08-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Steven I'm done arguing with you, John from head office will contact you tomorrow morning. I had a nice chat with him today and he pointed out to me that it doesn't make sense that the hub would heat up so hot and become damaged while there are no signs of cracks on the brake shoe and no signs of overheating/warpage on the brake drum and he makes a valid point.

Why don't you post a picture of the so called "damage" and let beyonders judge for themselves, your not obligated to and I don't expect you to (because it will clearly show your full of it)

I told John that I stand behind my decision to not replace your hub assembly, and I will be extremely upset with John if he does. Bottom line is... If I f... up then I have no problem being accountable for it. Late last week we made a 2inch paint scuff on a vehicle from the car salon and didn't try to hide it, we admitted our mistake and now we are on the hook for painting an entire front end where a touch up would do. I have no problem admitting my mistakes and have no problem paying for things which are due to my mistakes. But I refuse to give in to the bs that you and your inexperienced mechanic are trying to feed the forum. Why didn't your all star mechanic fix it right the first time?? Why did he send you to me?

I couldn't help but notice that a stop payment will be put in place, sounds like you've done this before. Regardless, I will put a lien on your vehicle if such a thing occurs

max_boost
08-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by CHICHARITZHI

Next time if u have problem about your car , u stay away from this shop cause they're not a auto mechanic, they're muffler installer.

:dunno:

Given how knowledgeable the OP is and how he has a trusted mechanic, why did he even bring it to MM anyway?

Judging from forced_eg's response, seems like he runs a good shop.

FraserB
08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Thank you for posting this OP, without you mentioning this shop I would not have searched for them on Beyond and looked at their BBB rating. It seems Ravi has been mentioned several times by name on here before and never in a bad way.

I'll be considering them when the time comes to do my exhaust. The fact you made this account only to bash the shop is ridiculous.

RickDaTuner
08-24-2011, 12:03 AM
2 notches with great force?

At this point your rear wheels would be locked in place and dragging.

Rear drum brakes can take a great deal of damage. but the fact is that your drums where in for a machine, after they were noted to be out of round.

Drums hardly ever, ever go out of round, unless they have dragging shoes, which is most often caused by seized parking brake lines, or other leveraging hardware.

It certainly sounds like this shop was trying to do you multiple favors, but those cookies weren't enough for you, so you want the entire cake too.

Your whole story reads as if you are trying to have your brake drag issue resolved under some one else dime.

But in all fairness, I have one question...

Why wasn't the rear brake drag diagnosed properly the first time? or did I just miss the part where the original concern was dealt with?

:drama:

relyt92
08-24-2011, 01:07 AM
So from this thread and what people have said, seems like it would be a trustworthy place to go? Gotta get my brakes done soon so I'm starting to look around.

5fivespeed
08-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by relyt92
So from this thread and what people have said, seems like it would be a trustworthy place to go? Gotta get my brakes done soon so I'm starting to look around.

Go to MM mentioned in this thread. Not only is Ravi a family friend of mine - he has done more than I can count on jobs for my family and family around me on our vehicles.

OP - You're arguing with an honest mechanic. I know this is going to seem biased since I'm Ravi's friend but I really don't care. I've had Ravi replace many components on my AE86, my Tacoma, My brothers Golf, Mom's Highlander and Dad's Murano. All perfection in work.

A picture speaks a thousand words. You're going to bad mouth a shop on a forum where everyone - almost knows if not equal but more about what you're talking about and Ravi, being a licensed/certified Mechanic speaking truths. It just sounds like you're in for a free ride and your whining isn't working.

Ravi also looked at me AE86 after I hit Track Day. This was on his day off. He took a look since I had a header leak, welded up some pinhole leaks and sent me on my way. Not just a friendship gesture - a business impression. I've dealt with Ravi for 4 years now, and he's always put his heart and soul into anything and everything he's done around the automotive industry.

1) Not only this, there's so many times Ravi has saved my ass in times of need - My Tacoma being RWD - I overlooked winter tires. A night after work I was heading home, got a flat and my truck was stuck. I called Bob at UrbanX - Ravi at Fountain Tire (at the time he was Assistant Manager) - and since Bob was booked up (being peak winter) Ravi took time out of his personal schedule to come in and swap my winters on.

2) Nissan Murano. Dad went to Edmonton leaving me his Murano to use. The charge light came on the Murano on the way to Edmonton so I drove out there and swapped cars and brought it to Ravi to see what was wrong. I thought it was an Alternator but Ravi told me it was a belt. Half and hour later, the Murano was back on the road.

3) Older brother hit a ditch. Bent a rim, bent suspension components, tires wouldn't hold air. Bad scenario. All details aside - Ravi had the car back on the road, running dead straight - new tires, Rim welded to hold air in no time.

4) Corolla. AE86. - Engine started knocking after high RPM. Took it to Ravi. He looked at the engine, concluded it was a spun bearing and told me to park the car and not drive it. I didn't want to damage the internals more - I was on a budget and I parked the car for the winter. The engine in the car at the time was a Supercharged MR2 engine which would cost me over $1000.00 in remachining and rebuilding because of a spun bearing had I drove it more.

--

My point being is, you're putting a person who puts his heart and soul into the automotive business. Not only was Ravi first a Tire Tech @ Fountain Tire and moved into Sales, then Management - he also saw the opportunity of helping others buy purchasing a Minute Muffler location. I understand these stories, OP - mean nothing to you, but I see Ravi as one of my closest friends. I'm sure when you see someone saying untruths about ones credibility, honesty and reputation - you would step in too. That's what I have done.

You can whine, talk and make false accusations about a friend of mine, or you can realize that you shouldn't work on your own car if you have not a clue what you're doing. Not only that, you mention your "mechanic" that constantly looks at your car and comments on the "poor" work Ravi performed. Why didn't you get your "mechanic" to take a look at your car, and asses and fix your mistakes. Probably because he isn't licensed. Probably because he's some back-yard mechanic doing this out of his garage.

Probably because you messed up and cant hold yourself accountable for it. So you took it to a shop, and drove it there prematurely wearing out the new parts you put on, and had no knowledge on how to install them and are now trying to hold them accountable.

Seriously, stop whining. Beyond sees through your postings - because most of us do have a background in knowledge about vehicles, and seriously? A new account on Beyond posting this. Good try.

A picture also speaks a thousand words.

Ray

Offroad
08-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Its threads like these is the reason the tire shop i recently got tires from asked me not to post on Beyond about them even tho i was more than pleased with service and price. They are aware of this site and lynch mob style when one issue occurs and the rest pile in. :facepalm:

P.S Not all customers are right

RondaBonda
08-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Why don't you post a picture of the so called "damage" and let beyonders judge for themselves, your not obligated to and I don't expect you to (because it will clearly show your full of it)

Yip i was definitely full of it when you just admitted to seeing a blue ring on my hub. Its all made up theres no blue ring there. Give me a break. Not surprised you weaseled your way with john thats exactly what i expected from you. Once a liar always a liar.

RondaBonda
08-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

why did he even bring it to MM anyway?

I brought it in because i figured since theyre a brake shop and thats their primary focus that they may know a little more things here and here when it comes to brakes. Boy was i wrong.

And plus i had already replaced everything in the rear so i wanted to get a second opinion from a brake shop since the problem was primarily the brakes.

G-ZUS
08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 5fivespeed

Go to MM mentioned in this thread. Not only is Ravi a family friend of mine - he has done more than I can count on jobs for my family and family around me on our vehicles.

OP - You're arguing with an honest mechanic. I know this is going to seem biased since I'm Ravi's friend but I really don't care. I've had Ravi replace many components on my AE86, my Tacoma, My brothers Golf, Mom's Highlander and Dad's Murano. All perfection in work.

A picture speaks a thousand words. You're going to bad mouth a shop on a forum where everyone - almost knows if not equal but more about what you're talking about and Ravi, being a licensed/certified Mechanic speaking truths. It just sounds like you're in for a free ride and your whining isn't working.

Ravi also looked at me AE86 after I hit Track Day. This was on his day off. He took a look since I had a header leak, welded up some pinhole leaks and sent me on my way. Not just a friendship gesture - a business impression. I've dealt with Ravi for 4 years now, and he's always put his heart and soul into anything and everything he's done around the automotive industry.

1) Not only this, there's so many times Ravi has saved my ass in times of need - My Tacoma being RWD - I overlooked winter tires. A night after work I was heading home, got a flat and my truck was stuck. I called Bob at UrbanX - Ravi at Fountain Tire (at the time he was Assistant Manager) - and since Bob was booked up (being peak winter) Ravi took time out of his personal schedule to come in and swap my winters on.

2) Nissan Murano. Dad went to Edmonton leaving me his Murano to use. The charge light came on the Murano on the way to Edmonton so I drove out there and swapped cars and brought it to Ravi to see what was wrong. I thought it was an Alternator but Ravi told me it was a belt. Half and hour later, the Murano was back on the road.

3) Older brother hit a ditch. Bent a rim, bent suspension components, tires wouldn't hold air. Bad scenario. All details aside - Ravi had the car back on the road, running dead straight - new tires, Rim welded to hold air in no time.

4) Corolla. AE86. - Engine started knocking after high RPM. Took it to Ravi. He looked at the engine, concluded it was a spun bearing and told me to park the car and not drive it. I didn't want to damage the internals more - I was on a budget and I parked the car for the winter. The engine in the car at the time was a Supercharged MR2 engine which would cost me over $1000.00 in remachining and rebuilding because of a spun bearing had I drove it more.

--

My point being is, you're putting a person who puts his heart and soul into the automotive business. Not only was Ravi first a Tire Tech @ Fountain Tire and moved into Sales, then Management - he also saw the opportunity of helping others buy purchasing a Minute Muffler location. I understand these stories, OP - mean nothing to you, but I see Ravi as one of my closest friends. I'm sure when you see someone saying untruths about ones credibility, honesty and reputation - you would step in too. That's what I have done.

You can whine, talk and make false accusations about a friend of mine, or you can realize that you shouldn't work on your own car if you have not a clue what you're doing. Not only that, you mention your "mechanic" that constantly looks at your car and comments on the "poor" work Ravi performed. Why didn't you get your "mechanic" to take a look at your car, and asses and fix your mistakes. Probably because he isn't licensed. Probably because he's some back-yard mechanic doing this out of his garage.

Probably because you messed up and cant hold yourself accountable for it. So you took it to a shop, and drove it there prematurely wearing out the new parts you put on, and had no knowledge on how to install them and are now trying to hold them accountable.

Seriously, stop whining. Beyond sees through your postings - because most of us do have a background in knowledge about vehicles, and seriously? A new account on Beyond posting this. Good try.

A picture also speaks a thousand words.

Ray

:werd: Can't even count the times Ravi saved my arse on 1 hand. OP who's this "mechanic" of yours?

bourge73
08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Well said. I know Gary is a stand up guy. I really did like dealing with Paul though, he was fair and honest. I will give it a try, as I have liked what you have said ^^.

rage2
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Offroad
Its threads like these is the reason the tire shop i recently got tires from asked me not to post on Beyond about them even tho i was more than pleased with service and price. They are aware of this site and lynch mob style when one issue occurs and the rest pile in. :facepalm:

P.S Not all customers are right
Lynch mob? This thread shows that if a business is in the right, our members see that quite clearly.

dj_rice
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
The guy who did my exhaust work both times looked like the guy off American Pickers without the facial hair and I think more bald. He did amazing work and cool guy!!

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01212407/american-pickers-frank-fritz-2.jpg

5fivespeed
08-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Yip i was definitely full of it when you just admitted to seeing a blue ring on my hub. Its all made up theres no blue ring there. Give me a break. Not surprised you weaseled your way with john thats exactly what i expected from you. Once a liar always a liar.

I'm not Ravi. I just said post a picture. Until you do, your just full of BS.

Oh and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0&ob=av2e

--

How could I even forget this one. My Tacoma's pressure plate somehow had 3 fins dig into the clutch causing it to be stuck and myself to be stuck 2 hours before going into work. This was in winter. I called Ravi, he arranged a tow truck (this was after he was off shift at work) - and we dropped my truck to Fountain Tire where he worked and he knew I needed the Tacoma as soon as possible.

The Clutch, I couldn't afford at the time (hey, it was just past Christmas) and the labour as well. Ravi did me a favor and paid for it out of his own pocket and I paid him back. That's one gesture I'll never forget from Ravi, because he helped me more than once in times of need. Not only is he honest, a good friend and a hard worker - he always put his 100% forward to help people, that's why the next night on the way to work, he was in my good graces. Because I had my Tacoma and transportation to work.

Ray

A3GTiVR6SC
08-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I had a 3" DP Flex section fixed at Ravi's shop with excellent results!! Awesome customer service!!

OP=:bullshit:
Just one of 'those' never satisfied/looking for a freebie type customers every shop will get once in a while...

Mar
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
new user name, check
lots of things misspelled, check
no punctuation anywhere, check
terrible grammar, check

credibility of story = 1/10

This is pretty much how I read it. If you want people to listen to you, try proof reading.

bootybandit
08-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I went during a coffee break had my car thrown on the lift ASAP fixed my muffler charged me $30 great service and quality in my opinion.

joturbo
08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Yo they installed a magnaflow stainless system on my 1969 GTO convertible show car! There was quite a bit of custom work and they did a perfect job! Ill take all my rides there anytime.

Go4Long
08-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Mar

credibility of story = 1/10

seems generous.

btimbit
08-25-2011, 12:44 AM
I go to the shawnee station Minute Muffler quite often and have nothing but very very high praise for the guys there, and from what I've read here looks like 32nd ave is more of the same.

J-hop
08-25-2011, 06:59 AM
This has just ended up being like most of the other treads like this.

Step 1) poster gives a completely bias and not even complete story bashing a shop and trying to get people to side with them

Step 2) a few people jump on the bashing train and come up with stories of how a friend of a friend was screwed by that same shop and how the op is totally in th right to go after this shop (again based on little info and bias-see step one)

Step 3) shop gives their side of the story

Step 4) OP looks like a huge turd and not only does he refuse to entertain the idea that he may be wrong but with his responses pokes holes in his own story

Step 5) After finally realizing he has made a complete fool of himself by handling his issue with a shop like this rather than doing the mature and sensible thing (ie: talking it out with the shop, not just saying "thank you" and then running home to be a keyboard warrior), the OP will then sink into the shadows with his tail between his legs, maybe for forever, but if they are a huge tool they'll probably eventually pop up with a different username.

Same shit every time.....

KK07
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
This has just ended up being like most of the other treads like this.

Step 1) poster gives a completely bias and not even complete story bashing a shop and trying to get people to side with them

Step 2) a few people jump on the bashing train and come up with stories of how a friend of a friend was screwed by that same shop and how the op is totally in th right to go after this shop (again based on little info and bias-see step one)

Step 3) shop gives their side of the story

Step 4) OP looks like a huge turd and not only does he refuse to entertain the idea that he may be wrong but with his responses pokes holes in his own story

Step 5) After finally realizing he has made a complete fool of himself by handling his issue with a shop like this rather than doing the mature and sensible thing (ie: talking it out with the shop, not just saying "thank you" and then running home to be a keyboard warrior), the OP will then sink into the shadows with his tail between his legs, maybe for forever, but if they are a huge tool they'll probably eventually pop up with a different username.

Same shit every time.....

He'll be back for sure, it's the same troll every single time....

Rondabonda = maxwhinedog = copynpaste

G-ZUS
08-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by KK07

He'll be back for sure, it's the same troll every single time....

Rondabonda = maxwhinedog = copynpaste

:werd:

Disoblige
08-25-2011, 11:57 AM

I could have gone in and started yelling (and I think most people would have) so be thankful I chose not to because thats not how I wanted to deal with it. You said you werent going to replace it, end of story. You think by me then raising my voice I would have all of a sudden changed your mind? Stop trying to kid yourself and tell me that it would because you know that is a crock of shit. You couldnt even take accountability for your mistakes, you think im gonna waste anymore time by getting mad?
Wow, this makes NO sense at all. You simply said "thank you" and left. Why do you think your only other option was to go in and start yelling? Couldn't you just speak normally even if you disagreed?

Lastly..

LOL. Rondabonda = copynpaste?

This guy is an embarrassment if so :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Making dumb threads about everything and asking everyone for help for the most basic things.

BensonTT
08-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

LOL. Rondabonda = copynpaste?

Is this true? Can someone confirm? LoL :D

Disoblige
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Writing style is different. But IP check ftw to see who it really is! :D

CHICHARITZHI
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bootybandit
I went during a coffee break had my car thrown on the lift ASAP fixed my muffler charged me $30 great service and quality in my opinion.

I had muffler installed from them before and charged me $500 not included the muffler, just the pipe and I'm satisfied for what they done to my Z32 exhaust cause they followed my instruction.

DonJuan
08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Had them do a new custom exaust on my Hilux Surf, installed new Magnaflow for an excellent price. When I saw the price I thought no way they did mandrel bends. But they did, clean excellent work.

Took my S14 there last week for new downpipe for my new topmount turbo setup, again excellent work in VERY limited space. I am very satisfied with their work and I will be taking more stuff to them as well in the future.

OP: post pics and the name of your "mechanic" that stopped working for you.

forced_eg
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks to all the support from you guys!!! I lost a lot of sleep over this thread because I've been on beyond since high school and I've seen many threads about other establishments... This was a living nightmare for me because I was targeting the beyond.ca/enthusiast market and bad publicity was the last thing I wanted four months into taking over the joint. My goal is to become a common name in the enthusiast world. Keep your eyes peeled for a couple projects on the go that should pop up at a couple shows next year or in the near future (turbo eg6, mkiv golf LED experiment, slammed f350 dually on 24's, s2k powered by 5.3 gm)

Thanks again guys!!

Btw: mention beyond.ca if you guys come in for anything

jdmsource
08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
I have used them a few times and have sent customers there since Ravi took over and have had nothing but great service and fair prices, Ravi I think you have a good thing going there and knowing you, I know you will succeed! You can't satisfy everyone and there's always going to be one of those customers, but the beauty of beyond is that if you have a good reputation and run an honest business, even a negative thread will turn into a positive one for you:thumbsup:

corsvette
08-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I will be bringing you my diesel so you can fix up the exhaust. In all honesty you can thank this thread, I have no doubts you will treat me very well after reading all this.

jarome
08-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Ironic thread Ftw

:nut:

I still want to see the blue ring

CelicaST-162
08-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey Ravi, I've never met you before. Reading this thread and from the backing of some members...I'd like to bring my truck over to you for some work.

forced_eg
08-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by jdmsource
I have used them a few times and have sent customers there since Ravi took over and have had nothing but great service and fair prices, Ravi I think you have a good thing going there and knowing you, I know you will succeed! You can't satisfy everyone and there's always going to be one of those customers, but the beauty of beyond is that if you have a good reputation and run an honest business, even a negative thread will turn into a positive one for you:thumbsup:

Lol!! I got into typing this deep post that took me an hour to type how I wanted to be just like jdmsource, garage box, RCTS, Alamo, davenport, speedtech, mopac, e mortal, topspeed, statusone... but ending up deleting it because I didn't want to leave people out, thanks for the support shoaib!! It means a great deal to me

frozenrice
08-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I had Gary and Rav do some work on a downpipe for me recently. For such a small job I was very impressed with how they handled everything even after I realized I messed up with one of my markings. This is definitely one of those places that I won't hesitate to go back to. After dealing with them, I was very surprised to read what the OP had to say.

Cooked Rice
08-26-2011, 11:13 PM
I think I will drop by tomorrow for a consult. 4Runner needs a bit of rumble added to it.

OP, go pound sand.

FraserB
08-26-2011, 11:21 PM
As soon as all my components are disassembled, I'll be down as well.

Resurrected RA
08-26-2011, 11:25 PM
I have a rattle in my exhaust, I think its the cat shroud, I have found the place that I will have it looked at. Minute Muffler on 32nd Ave NE. Thanks OP!

dj_rice
08-26-2011, 11:28 PM
LOL I think this thread is getting them more business now :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And I'd like to state I was first to defend the shop :clap:

SpeedyZ
08-27-2011, 02:52 AM
i have gone to school with ravi and can vouch for the fact that his work is nothing but top-notch and that even by talking to him you can tell he puts his heart into everything he does. Also the assistant manger Gary is also an exhaust wizard as I've had him do two separate exhaust systems for me (cat back 3 inch and turbo back 3 inch) and his work is nothing but excellent. I've even had him do intercooler piping for me which is not his expertise but you wouldn't be able to tell it by the work he did.

Resurrected RA
08-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I just bought a new high flow cat, I will be in to have it installed. I never would have considered Minute Muffler if it hadn't been for this thread.:thumbsup:

2000TL
08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
I have been to minute muffler on 32nd to install my exhaust for my 335i when I had it. With no appointment they got me in and finished the installation in about 40min. :thumbsup:

Chantastic
09-17-2011, 12:22 AM
LOL I have to bump this thread. I had a great convo with my brother over text today. The only thing you need to know is that my brother has a turbo lancer, and it has a leaking header among other things, and kind of a nasty install (from a shop to be unnamed). My brother did not know of this thread. Txt convo goes as follows:

Brother: I went to minute muffler on 32nd ave from my BMW 335 coworkers recommendation. The young brown guy there is AWESOME. Good shop rates and they actually care for your car. So nice and helpful. I am getting the header welded back for the drive to Vancouver.

He said it should hold just fine. His philosophy is that "it was welded before so it can be welded again the same way, but stronger". He checked my exhaust piping from front to back with a modified stethoscope (the things docs use for heart beats)!! He can hear where air is escaping with that home made invention of his hahaha

Me: Whoa! hang on! Is the guys's name Ravi?

Brother: Yea Ravi. Same guy that did my coworkers exhaust on the 335.

Me: hahaha awesome. There is a thread on beyond bashing his shop, but then all of these people start posting about all the awesome work they have had done there, and how a guy named gary is a master pipe bender. So basically the thread backfired on the guy who was doing the bashing!

Brother: "Gary" is the freakin' Gandalf of exhaust fabrication! I was watching him work on a beastly old 70's Chevy muscle car. He's an older white guy, skinny and very tough looking, but very nice. He took a look at my turbo setup and said 'holy !@#$ that's ugly!' and I just laughed. Not like I could say anything to cuss him back - -he'd masterfully bend me into some machine and cut me into tubes!

Me: hahahhaha man I am tempted to post this on beyond now, since everyone is saying they are going there to get work done now...but now GARY MAY PIPE BEND YOU

Best of luck with the shop Ravi, even though we've never met :thumbsup:

pf0sh0
09-17-2011, 12:35 AM
^^ Anyone know if Gary used to work at the minute muffler near chinook off 58th ave?

If so... he really is gandalf of exhaust fab. he did some exhaust work on a car of mine a couple years ago and gave me such a good deal!

G-ZUS
09-17-2011, 09:28 AM
LMAO OP is/was/still a troll

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/337080/do-you-know-how-to-lubricate-a-brake-drum-assembly/

frozenrice
09-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
LMAO OP is/was/still a troll

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/337080/do-you-know-how-to-lubricate-a-brake-drum-assembly/

? CourneyRoss = RondaBonda ?

Chantastic, what day was your brother there? I was there on Thursday and saw them loading a white Lancer onto the lift.

G-ZUS
09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Chantastic, what day was your brother there? I was there on Thursday and saw them loading a white Lancer onto the lift.

RondaBonda = CourneyRoss = Maxwinedog = BigKate

Chantastic
09-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Yup that's his Lancer

nobb
09-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Is the OP really maxwinedog and copynpaste? If so that guy is a total troll, and from the posts he makes...probably a douchebag online as well as in real life.

He makes completely useless posts on RFD under the name FuzzyWuzzy (I think this was a year ago?). After he gets revealed and his subsequent new accounts banned on RFD, I guess he is making new accounts on Beyond and trolling here too.

Just a small taste of the useless threads that this guy makes:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/if-youre-dude-find-hard-picking-up-girls-ask-me-anything-968496/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/i-just-made-profit-returning-something-future-shop-1003773/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/why-do-so-many-drivers-look-down-cars-booming-bass-938941/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/why-dont-more-people-lower-their-cars-1016444/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/i-cant-stand-all-booming-suvs-trucks-these-days-1009233/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/looking-pic-tailpipe-safe-1007188/

frozenrice
09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

RondaBonda = CourneyRoss = Maxwinedog = BigKate

My bad.....I forgot about that from the other page.

Moe Man
09-18-2011, 01:59 AM
OP....why do you still have drum brakes anyway? buy a new car man!

Ravi recently fixed a few holes and cracks in my one ton dually for 20 bux! It costs him more in electricity to weld those holes then what he charged me!

Great guy!

BMDUBS
09-18-2011, 07:31 PM
I had a flat tire coming off of Deerfoot a few Saturdays ago. Pulled into the Shell to inspect. I decided to check if MM was open and I walked up to the door and their business hours were over for the day but I popprd into the open garage. 2 techs were fixing up a final repair before going home. I explained my problem and they offered to look at it for me anyways.

I borrowed a floor jack and brought over the flat. They checked for leaks with soapy water and established that the tire/wheel was fine. (turned out later I had an intermittantly leaking valve stem)Aired me up and I was on my way again, once again for no charge on their own time after hours!

I would not hesitate to go back to Minute Muffler in 32nd ave.

Good luck in the new business venture, keep up the solid customer service and you will be golden:thumbsup:

scboss
09-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Well went to this place today to get my exhaust done and my alt belt tightened. Real stand up guys at this place. Ravi is hella good at bouncing around and multi tasking. Great customer service and pricing!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CompletelyNumb
10-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Just had 3 exhaust manifold bolts break on my Sierra, plus something rattling in my muffler :barf:

I'll be back in town next week, I'll come see ya Ravi.

CRXguy
10-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Thumbs up for Minute Muffler.

My uncle needed a flex pipe to mate his new exhaust to the header on his Civic, since the new one didn't fit right with a swapped engine. Workmanship was great and the car doesn't sound like shit anymore. :rofl:

travis_gillard
10-09-2011, 09:44 AM
i have been there a bunch of times with nothing but good work done at a reasonable price this looks like one of those cases where you have 100 happy customers your likely never going to hear about and 1 bad customer that you will hear about , youre bound to have a bad customer its part of doing buisness

terrykkxx
10-11-2011, 12:06 AM
:eek: :eek:

bourge73
10-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Just visited Ravi, Gary, and the boys, and have nothing but good things to say about this shop. The service, workmanship, and price was awesome!, The shop now is every bit, if not actually better, than it was. Highly recommend if you need work done to check them out. Very happy with the results on the exhaust work on my car. Thanks again Ravi!

94_S14
10-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Ive known Ravi for a while, not only does he know his aftermarket fabrication he is also very fair and does great work regardless of what you bring him!

+1 for his shop

HK2NR
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
glad to hear there's another great place for exhaust work, carline is starting to get a bit stale in service

CompletelyNumb
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Just had my truck in there yesterday. Headers, muffler, tail pipes, brakes and calipers, oil change, coolant flush, tstat.

Had Gary (the wizard) working overtime to to finish. Nothing but good things to say about these guys. Pricing is fair, workmanship is great and they're a good group of guys to shoot the shit with.

I'll be back, and I'd recommend anyone to go to them :thumbsup:

And thanks for this thread for the heads up in the first place!

shakalaka
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
A bit of a bump to the thread as I just wanted to add my experience with Minute Muffler to this. Just had some custom exhaust work done to my Z there today. Called up Ravi yesterday to discuss what I wanted to get done and he called me in today.

Went there and he brought the car in right away. First of all, the quote he gave me almost half of what I got at couple other 'tuner' shops for the exact same work. The work took a little longer than expected but Ravi stuck by the quote he gave me and that's all he charged. The work done was absolutely stellar and Gary took his time to do everything to perfection. Didn't rush it or anything. It came out to be better than I expected.

I would absolutely recommend Ravi and the boys to anyone in a heart beat. Awesome guys to deal with and they do excellent work. So I'd ask anyone interested in getting any such work done, to check with these guys first. I went after checking out this thread as well and am so glad that I did.

*On a side note, mods should probably change the title of this thread because if it comes up on google like this it doesn't quite give a right impression. Plus, not everyone is going to shuffle through the 3 pages to read the whole thing. Anyways, just a suggestion.*

Hallowed_point
01-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Just wanna bump this thread and say thanks to Ravi & Gary for the muffler they put on my Camaro this morning.
They did a great job and I have no complaints. They got it done quick (even though they were swamped) and it sounds awesome! :thumbsup: :love:

bourge73
01-14-2012, 05:12 PM
^^ muffler ? you sir need a true dual exhaust on that car :hitit:

Hallowed_point
01-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Haha yeah the stock system on the LS1 Camaros isn't that bad though, the only real bad part is the muffler which has like 6 baffles. I believe most of the stock piping is 2.75." True duals maybe in the future, when I'm not a broke bastard!;)

TomcoPDR
03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I have also been a victim of this shop recently.

A victim of pretty good service, thanks to this thread... So I had a beater that I already got rid of, but I had some rotors laying around that still had some life on 'em... I knew I had to do some errands to venture up North, so even though I don't have the beater anymore, I was just too curious to see what all the buzz is all about.

Went in the morning, the gentleman behind the counter (Gary) was busy on the phone... So I waited on the chair, then another phone line rang... But Gary was so efficient at his calls that you know he's doing everything he can for everyone, espeically in between his phone calls he made sure he took that extra 5 seconds turning to me by saying: "I'll be right with you in a bit"... As a customer of ANY store/shopping, this is such a sign of relief to hear it from personells working from the place... At the very least, it shows the place of business (the clerk/service attendant) at least knows you're there, and trying their best to get to you in an orderly fashion... Even hostesses at decent restaurants fail to grasp this concept...

Then the phones just kept on ringing, so another dude came out... A brown guy... Now, I have a few brown friends who are "Ravi" as well... But I didn't wanna stereotype, so I didn't say anything (asked if he was Ravi from Beyond, etc...)... He picks up the phone (Gary was on the other phone), then same thing, without hestitation, between phone calls, Ravi made sure I knew, that he knew, that he notices me, for noticing him of noticing me being a customer, that I was a customer in need of service.

Then finally Gary was freed up, (I don't know who Gary is mind you, and vice versa)... A really well mannered man. (on the business cards on the counter, he's one of the managers; unless there're 2 Gary's)... Really pleasant and attentive, I mean I was only requesting to machine some rotors, couple bucks, big fuckin' deal, lunch money... But Gary still took the request seriously. (honestly, if I bought a used auto shop that had a lathe, I wouldn't even do that, I'd just try to push for selling a new set, lol)

Great guy, but mind you he does give you that Sam Elliot feel (Ghost rider comes in mind)... Straight up, but cross him, then he'll fuck you up.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/600full-sam-elliott.jpg

I wanted to provide an accurate review myself based on this thread, seeing all the conflicting comments (from OP, from others)... So I didn't wanna be identified, so Ravi had no idea who I was...

That was till when I picked up the rotors (done within a few hours, the same day)... where I bumped into Ask Leo, then he kinda outted me.....

I can say Ravi and Gary are great guys to deal with... Service was efficient... I don't own the beater that these rotors go onto, so I have no idea how it turned out when installed, there were really minor vibrantion when I pulled them off (I just wanna keep the facts straight on a review)... I just wanted an excuse to check this place out, and see what the thread was all about... And the place, waiting area is pretty clean and tidy, large TV, clean bright walls, bathroom looked clean (didn't use it, but can see into it from waiting area, magazines were more up to date than most doctor's office; I'd say 6 month old, the oldest ones)

Location is actually pretty good, Timmy's and XS Cargo sharing the same lot, a perfect hangout for most dudes anyways. Plus in good weather, you can pretty much walk to PM Hobby and then have some Coco Brooks, then check out some fishys at Big Al's... (not sure, but maybe they'll give you a ride up the street)

So anyways, I have a full set of machined rotors FOR FREE from a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT. (also will work on Alero, Malibu, Century; make sure you cross reference on certain years only)

I'll post these on my "For Sale, For Free" (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2252148#post2252148) thread too.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1209.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1212.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_1213.jpg

Point4Dave
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
They did my Spoon catback install in like 20 minutes and charged me like $40.00 a few years ago. No problems.

CompletelyNumb
03-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Great guy, but mind you he does give you that Sam Elliot feel (Ghost rider comes in mind)... Straight up, but cross him, then he'll fuck you up.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/600full-sam-elliott.jpg

Hahaha he's gonna love that :bigpimp:

frozenrice
03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I went in to Minute Muffler today to get some work done and was talking to Gary about this thread. Gary almost got emotional about what you guys had to say about him (he laughed about the Sam Elliot comparison BTW). It's nice to see that the positive reviews about the crew at Minute Muffler are making their days.

As far as the work goes they did a stand up job as usual.

remixsecret
03-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Today I called in to ask them how much it would to cost to remove a bolt that broke off onto the flange. Gary told me to come in and Ravi took it in to inspect it. He took off the broke off bolt and installed me a new one with no charge. I have nothing but to say good things about this shop. They know their things and are really good people to work with. +1 to minute muffler! Great people to deal with :thumbsup:

ITR_typeR
04-14-2012, 01:31 PM

top_speed
04-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Just had my exhaust done there for my integra, they did an awesome job and the price was unbelievable compared to other shops. i highly recommend this minute muffler, Ravi always get the ball rolling on this bitch haha. and great workmanship by Gary.
Will go back for sure if i need anything.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G-ZUS
04-15-2012, 12:35 AM
^ Ravi can get the ball rolling on ANY bitch

ekguy
04-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Guess this is where I can get my GTI's exhaust fixed.

:D