PDA

View Full Version : Aware of any companies hiring?

visualk
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM
I am in the market for a new job in the finance/accounting department preferably in the Oil and Gas industry but I am flexible to be in other industries as well. With many companies having an employee referral program, I am seeking to use this as an opportunity to get my foot in the door. I have applied to hundreds of postings but I am also looking at other avenues for my job search.

Without getting into too much details, my background is an accountant by profession. Please PM me if you have any internal postings or jobs that you are seeking to fill. Thanks

Type_S1
08-25-2011, 02:03 PM
What is your designation and did and how many years of experience do you have in accounting?

pheoxs
08-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by visualk
I have applied to hundreds of postings

This part worries me...

If you've applied to many postings, and haven't had much for interviews I'd suggest spending more time on your resume / cover letter and/or try to tailor them to the individual postings.

If you've applied to many postings, have lots of interviews but have no job offers then you need to work on your social skills and what you are saying during the interviews.

M.alex
08-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs

This part worries me...

If you've applied to many postings, and haven't had much for interviews I'd suggest spending more time on your resume / cover letter and/or try to tailor them to the individual postings.

If you've applied to many postings, have lots of interviews but have no job offers then you need to work on your social skills and what you are saying during the interviews.

Not necessarily - a lot of industries are swamped with qualified applicants today. It could just be OP is having some shitty luck.

triplep
08-30-2011, 03:28 PM
CRA is hiring call center agents...........