PDA

View Full Version : Mens Cologne, what's good?

JudasJimmy
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
What's a good men's cologne (That women like) now days? The ones I like seem to be discontinued whenever I have to buy a new bottle, like Red for Men, that was my favorite.

adidas
08-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Givenchy Pi Neo and Blue Label get a lot of compliments.

Personal fav is Chrome by Loris Azzaro and "Emporio" Armani

in*10*se
08-25-2011, 03:08 PM
personal fav is the armani aqua di gio line.

good entry level is polo sport.

Disoblige
08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Haven't found anything better in the last decade.

Hugo Boss BOSS IN MOTION in that Silver Ball.

So distinctive, and creamy orange scent but not too fruity at all.

I like it, and girls seem to dig it too.

Neil4Speed
08-25-2011, 03:11 PM
What kind of scent are you looking for? (Sweet, Fresh, Oriental, Spicy)

How old (roughly) are you?

How much do you want to spend?

Whats the purpose? (Daytime Office, Going Out, or Just One to do everything)

Impreza
08-25-2011, 03:16 PM
I personally like Marc Jacobs cologne, Creed Aventus, and Creed Green Irish Tweed.

JudasJimmy
08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
What kind of scent are you looking for? (Sweet, Fresh, Oriental, Spicy)

How old (roughly) are you?

How much do you want to spend?

Whats the purpose? (Daytime Office, Going Out, or Just One to do everything)
good question. I'm 39, single white male. I have no preference on what the scent is, as long as it is non-offensive. haha It's multipurpose for me, but now that you mention it, I should probable have one for daytime office and one for going out. Although I don't go out very much. price $100ish

Tarrantula
08-25-2011, 03:28 PM
V by Valentino - I tried on EVERY scent in the Bay, and the ladies fucking DROOL over this one - (seriously, I have had two girls physically drool on me)

max_boost
08-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se

For sure. Armani the only one I've been wearing for the past 12 years.

Impreza
08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
You should check out http://www.fragrancenet.com/. Great prices.

Tram Common
08-25-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/bruce_willis_cologne_bottle2.jpg

know1edge
08-25-2011, 03:51 PM
l'homme by YSL.

Affinityion
08-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
You should check out http://www.fragrancenet.com/. Great prices.

What's your take on this site? Good? Bad? Heard a little about it, and read a lot of mixed reviews about it.

DENZILDON
08-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Victoria's Secret's Very Sexy II for Men

Girls in the office always asked what I was wearing and I always say,......Verrrryyy Seeeeeexyyyy! :rofl:

G-ZUS
08-25-2011, 04:23 PM
My ex used to go crazy when I'd Armani Code Black.

She also liked Clinique Happy and Givenchy Pi

Calgaryrocky
08-25-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know if you can still get it but this stuff smells amazing!!

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Izod/Izod-3137.html

JordanLotoski
08-25-2011, 04:30 PM
http://images.askmen.com/fashion/grooming/1251923198_paco-rabanne-1-million_1.jpg

K3RMiTdot
08-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Haven't found anything better in the last decade.

Hugo Boss BOSS IN MOTION in that Silver Ball.

So distinctive, and creamy orange scent but not too fruity at all.

I like it, and girls seem to dig it too.

+1 my gf digs it, everyone seems to dig it =D

whiskas
08-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se

Aqua di gio is eau de douche. I remember the changeroom in golds gym reeking of that shit.

I wear issey miyake.

JudasJimmy
08-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
V by Valentino - I tried on EVERY scent in the Bay, and the ladies fucking DROOL over this one - (seriously, I have had two girls physically drool on me)
Where can you buy this stuff?

K3RMiTdot
08-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JudasJimmy

Where can you buy this stuff?

the bay...

SlickA70
08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Gucci Envy, my personal favourite of years.

PremiumRSX
08-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Acqua di Gio
Giorgio Armani

Has been my favourite for years. I always have a few different bottles of cologne at home and one of them is always this one, the others alternate.

Tik-Tok
08-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Don't forget, a cologne on one person can smell entirely different on someone else since it reacts to your own body scents.

Kardon
08-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
l'homme by YSL.
:thumbsup:

The_Rural_Juror
08-25-2011, 08:55 PM
This is the only one I will ever wear.

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Anchorman-Brian-Fantanas-sex-panther-cologne1.jpg

codetrap
08-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Defeat, by Chuck Norris.

But in truth, Chuck Norris doesn't use cologne, he uses liquid hot magma.

taemo
08-25-2011, 11:32 PM
my gf loves the AF Fierce on me.

I also have Hugo Energise, Chanel Allure Home Sport but I find them too strong now a days.

CK One and Clinique Happy are my light moody colognes too.

georgemagana
08-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Givenchy Pi Neo and Blue Label get a lot of compliments.

Personal fav is Chrome by Loris Azzaro and "Emporio" Armani

1+++ Those are my 2 favorite ones!
Givenchy Pi Neo drives every girl crazy!! And also the new hugo boss i forgot the name of it!

wintonyk
08-25-2011, 11:47 PM
For me the two best scents are lacoste sport and paco robanne black rose.

schocker
08-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Currently I have been wearing:
Lacoste Pour Homme
Armani Diamonds
Burberry Brit
Ed hardy hearts and daggers
aqua di gio
then I have many others I wear occassionally.
There are tons of good ones though I would like but no $$$ for more cologne. I usually just read around on the net though and see what people think of them and what types of scents they include and also how long they last as I prefer ones that you can smell all day.

Prelude_dude
08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Don't forget, a cologne on one person can smell entirely different on someone else since it reacts to your own body scents.

+1, qft, even tho something smells nice, it cud smell like ass coming off u. I personally swear by givenchi pi. and other back ups are lacoste sport, and issey Miyaki. when looking for new scents I reccomend going to sephora. tell a lady u are looking to find a new scent, pick a bunch u like and she will put them in little sample sprayers for u. wear one each day, ask somebody to sniff u a few hours after and then mid day. u wud be surprised how different it can smell as it mixes in with the chemistry of of ur body
edit.
PS. also don't douche out and shower ur self in it, one spray on chest or neck is good. even someone like me who uses cologne daily can get nauseated from somebody who over doses. consider others. also for somewhere like work , where some place are fragence sensitive, one small squirt on ur wrists, rub ur wrists together, then dab on ur neck is perfect for a fragrence sensitive environment

403ep3
08-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Been using Armani mania for years now

Mixalot27
08-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Escape for Men has been a favorite of mine for about 15yrs now. I like that its not very strong, kind of understated.

Considering you're almost 40 it might be time to switch to Old Spice. :rofl:

creeper
08-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Be sure to drench yourself in whatever scent you choose. Everybody loves a good thick musky stench to make their eyes water.

austic
08-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Burberry Brit
Givinchi PI
and the Boss Sport are my 3

Neil4Speed
08-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
http://images.askmen.com/fashion/grooming/1251923198_paco-rabanne-1-million_1.jpg

Such a douche cologne... I have it and love it though. :D

Originally posted by Affinityion

What's your take on this site? Good? Bad? Heard a little about it, and read a lot of mixed reviews about it.

I have bought from Fragrancenet before. Decent prices, expensive shipping. They accidentally sent/charged me for dupilcates of the fragrances I purchased, and after then I decided not buy from there again. I prefer FragranceX, or Parfum1

Originally posted by Impreza
I personally like Marc Jacobs cologne, Creed Aventus, and Creed Green Irish Tweed.

:thumbsup: Pure Class. I like Marc Jacobs but it is a bit subtle for me, Aventus and GIT are two of my favorites. Aventus is one of my favorites fragrances ever.

Originally posted by JudasJimmy

good question. I'm 39, single white male. I have no preference on what the scent is, as long as it is non-offensive. haha It's multipurpose for me, but now that you mention it, I should probable have one for daytime office and one for going out. Although I don't go out very much. price $100ish

A few suggestions.

Terre D'Hermes - Hermes (Holt/The bay)

Chanel - Allure (The Bay/SDM)

L'Instant D'Guerlain - Guerlain (The Bay/SDM), if you can find the Extreme Version, all the better.

Rive Gauche - YSL (Walmart) - Smells allot like barber shop shaving cream

Kiton Men (Holt)

Guerlain Homme Intense (The Bay/Holt)

Azzaro Por Homme (SDM)

Chanel - Platinum Egoiste (The Bay/Holt)

Any of the Canali Fragrances (The Bay/Holt)

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Holt)

Zegna Intenso (SDM)

Zegna Forte (SDM)

Mont Blanc Legend, Starwalker, Individuel

Cartier - Declaration, Roadster

All of these are very unique (well other than the chanels) and would fit your budget and age range really well. All are multipurpose, can be worn to the office, out, and most are 4 season appropriate.

heavyfuel
08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised Jean-Paul Gaultier didn't make it into this thread yet, 99% of women I meet seem to love that one!

gqmw
08-26-2011, 09:39 AM
bvlgari!

Neil4Speed, you have a very nice list haha.

I'm looking for a new cologne actually, so I think I'll take a look at that.

Crymson
08-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Nobody has mentioned Versace Man (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122664.html) yet. I've been wearing it for about 3-4 years almost exclusively, I get alot of compliments, it's not super popular, most women don't know what it is and are interested in finding out. It's a great cologne that smells fresh and clean in the AM and by the evening, the lingering smell is apparently, very attractive. The only downside is that it can be expensive.

Women seem to like it, but men have a love it or hate it approach. You'd have to try it and see.

GenerationX
08-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Such a douche cologne... I have it and love it though. :D

I have bought from Fragrancenet before. Decent prices, expensive shipping. They accidentally sent/charged me for dupilcates of the fragrances I purchased, and after then I decided not buy from there again. I prefer FragranceX, or Parfum1

:thumbsup: Pure Class. I like Marc Jacobs but it is a bit subtle for me, Aventus and GIT are two of my favorites. Aventus is one of my favorites fragrances ever.

A few suggestions.

Terre D'Hermes - Hermes (Holt/The bay)

Chanel - Allure (The Bay/SDM)

L'Instant D'Guerlain - Guerlain (The Bay/SDM), if you can find the Extreme Version, all the better.

Rive Gauche - YSL (Walmart) - Smells allot like barber shop shaving cream

Kiton Men (Holt)

Guerlain Homme Intense (The Bay/Holt)

Azzaro Por Homme (SDM)

Chanel - Platinum Egoiste (The Bay/Holt)

Any of the Canali Fragrances (The Bay/Holt)

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Holt)

Zegna Intenso (SDM)

Zegna Forte (SDM)

Mont Blanc Legend, Starwalker, Individuel

Cartier - Declaration, Roadster

All of these are very unique (well other than the chanels) and would fit your budget and age range really well. All are multipurpose, can be worn to the office, out, and most are 4 season appropriate.
Where did you find the Individuelle? Only place I found it was on FragranceX, went to market they didn't have it.

J-hop
08-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Well I've had terrible luck with cologne but here is my short list of what to avoid:

Versace man- horrible, extremely overpowering, I would wear one spray and I'd smell up the whole room, gf said it made her eyes water when she was close to me and that it smelt like Ed hardy wearing super douche

Draker noir- I loved the smell of it, girls hated it, smells like old man

Lacoste essential- ok to be fair this one wasn't horrible but my gf said it did nothing for her.

On the flip side ladies seem to like the smell of the givenchy pi, I used to have a tester of it and the ladies seem to like it when I wore it.

JudasJimmy
08-29-2011, 02:18 AM
I ended up buying Allure Homme Sport, it's what the cute girl recommended at Shoppers. I only bought it because they didn't have any of the recommended colognes in this thread. I'll head to The Bay to see if I can find some.

So far, Allure seems pretty good, doesn't last long though.

CompletelyNumb
08-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
Draker noir- I loved the smell of it, girls hated it, smells like old man

:drool:

J-hop
08-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Haha, what I meant was that girls told me it smelled like old man, not that I like the smell of old man

Kritafo
08-29-2011, 07:36 AM
I do love the smell of John Varvatos and someone mentioned girls loving Gaultier...I do as well.

Anton
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I wear Pleasures by Estee Lauder. Doesn't smell like anything special from the bottle but seems to really work with my own scent.

Originally posted by J-hop
Haha, what I meant was that girls told me it smelled like old man, not that I like the smell of old man

Haha, I remember my dad using that when I was about 10! Definitely old man.

R!zz0
08-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
I'm surprised Jean-Paul Gaultier didn't make it into this thread yet, 99% of women I meet seem to love that one!

Bingo. That's what i use and i get ton's of compliments.

What i also wear is...

Polo Modern Reserve
Sexual for men
Hugo Boss Energise
Issey Miyake
Ecko by Marc Ecko (Doesn't hold)
Burberry Brit
212 (Awesome)

And of course Jean Paul Gaultier :D

Edit: All my colognes come from www.fragracex.com Put the word "Free" in the coupon box and get a free shipping to anywhere in the world.

Civic_Drift
08-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I have PLAY by Givenchy, I get good compliments from it.

Neil4Speed
08-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by GenerationX

Where did you find the Individuelle? Only place I found it was on FragranceX, went to market they didn't have it.

I don't think any stores in Calgary will carry it, perhaps the Perfume Emporium at Bankers.