PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run in Mission

imsick
08-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Alright, I've seen the power of Beyond and am asking for help from you guys.

Woke up this morning to the whole drivers side of my car being sideswiped. It was parked on the street in the mission area (110 - 25th ave sw).

Fortunately, the car who hit me left some evidence. His passengers side mirror came off. It was a black honda.

A resident adjacent to where I was parked heard a loud noise approximately 12:30am. I'm assuming this was when it occurred. He went on his balcony to see what was happening but didn't see anything.

That's everything I have right now. Gonna go for a drive around the area to see if there's any chance he lives by me.

Not sure if that's enough info but it's a start. A pic of the damage is included.

I've seen this forum work magic enough to know that this is probably the best way to find out who did this.

Thanks for any help

edit: not too sure how to post the pic

Kloubek
08-27-2011, 10:04 AM
That really sucks OP. I hate seeing damage like this, since a) PDR doesn't work in cases like this, and b) So many areas are affected.

Good luck with finding the guy. As great as Beyond might be sometimes, this is pretty much a needle in a haystack, I fear...

CMW403
08-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Man, what is with people these days. Beyond was pretty quiet for awhile in terms of vandalism/hit and run/ scammer threads so I was starting to think that calgary has improved in terms of the number of assholes, obviously I'm wrong.

Also, are you sure the mirror is painted black to match the car? Some older hondas came with matte black mirrors.

imsick
08-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Yep. His whole sideview mirror came off. It has a part number so hpefully cps can do something about that when the punk tries to get it fixed

tom_9109
08-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Run the part number and determine what year/model it is that hit you

imsick
08-27-2011, 10:24 AM
CPS has the mirror. Would they give me the part no. if I asked for it?

edit: I'm guessing im SOL on the part no

adidas
08-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by imsick
CPS has the mirror. Would they give me the part no. if I asked for it?

edit: I'm guessing im SOL on the part no

Dont sit around and wait for the cops to do anything, you gotta do it urself.

Ask them for the part number and start putting the pieces together.

However considering how busy that area is on a Fri/Sat it was probably some asshole that came down for drinks and drove off drunk thus hitting your car.