PDA

View Full Version : Help me find this Izakaya shop

Onassis
08-28-2011, 08:44 PM
For the life of me I can't remember what the name of this shop is or where it's remotely located, just that it was very good and that I want to bring one of my clients there. The girl who took me there in my inhibited stage isn't in town anymore so most of this is from memory.

The shop is isn't very large (35 seating max) but when you walk in there is a large marine aquarium (100+gallons) and behind it a very long bar that doubles as a sushi and liquor bar. The tables were a really rich brown and there were no booths, the walls themselves were a vibrant shade of red. The physical shop itself was not a stand alone location but built in a commercial block with street meter parking in the front and a multi level parking spot within a short distance. When I talked to the cute Asian waitress she said that it hadn't been open and for some reason I assume that the store was opened by a Korean family. The three main dishes I can recall other than liquor were a plate of 3 full uncut chicken wings, a shabu shabu type of noodle soup and an assorted sushi platter. I apologize about how vague this all is but I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

malcolmk14
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Ichi Rock on 6th Avenue.