PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dropping ENTI 201 or TOUR 409?

Critical
08-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I am trying to finish my management and society minor but due to UofC faggotry they make us non-haskayne students wait till Aug 10th to try and get in the classes. After a month of waiting I never have a chance in hell of getting into them. If you're in any of the following classes and are thinking of dropping them I'd appreciate it if you could give me a heads up when removing it.

Do these courses usually have a high drop rate at the start of the semester?

- ENTI 201
- TOUR 409

Type_S1
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM
You will rarely have a chance in getting into those courses because they are really easy. Best chance to be honest is to go and talk to haskayne for a course overload and explain the situation. If not...go make friends with someone at the registrar and say you really need into it, I made a "friend" there...the girl checked back into a full course for 2 weeks and finally registered me when it opened.

For course overloads if you go get a form and get the teacher running the class to sign it they can add you into the class. Most teachers are asshole but come will be nice.

dandia89
08-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Talk to the prof, I couldn't get into a class because I wasn't in chemical and it was full. Talked to the prof and got in.

Critical
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
For course overloads if you go get a form and get the teacher running the class to sign it they can add you into the class. Most teachers are asshole but come will be nice.

Thats what happened last semester with some accounting prof. Patsy. She kept saying she had no room in the class and didn't want to sign the overload form so I insisted that I would bring my own chair to class.

I'll get the forms signed and submitted but if anyone is planning to drop still let me know.

jwslam
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
TOUR409 is a BS class. I hated it. The exams are based on word-for-word what guest speakers say.

I took MKTG and HROD equivalents at Athabasca to finish my MGSO. I think they have the ENTI201 equivalent too.

Critical
09-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Just a follow-up:

1. Can't overload haskayne courses for fall because the deadline was August 12.

2. If you need to add these two courses they are open, thankfully.