PDA

View Full Version : Fockers!!!!

Hakkola
09-12-2002, 03:46 PM
It's been 4 weeks of work and I still haven't been paid, they pay direct, another girl at my work will have been there 2 months by the time she get's paid, and another friend who works for the same store but in T.D has also been working there for a month and a half and no paycheck, many others have had this problem as well, what should we do?

infamous
09-12-2002, 03:48 PM
phone the labour board. they can tell you exactly what is legal for you to do....i will see if i can find the site for you...

James
09-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Remind me to never work for whatever compnay this is!, thats brutal!:thumbsdow

choweyt3t4
09-12-2002, 03:49 PM
call the labour board and tell them your situation.you might be on hold for a while.they can direct you in the right direction.either way your going to be waiting a while before you see any cash but at least it will be a lump sum

infamous
09-12-2002, 03:53 PM
alright, i found a package that i got a while ago from the labour board. here is what it says:

payment of wages:

employees must be paid not later than 10 days after the end of each pay period.

no deduction can be made from an employee's earnings for:

1. faulty workmanship
or
2. cash shortages or loss of property if anyone other than the employee had access to the cash or property

i have a whole little kit on the stuff, if you want we could mabye meet and you can have it. it has everything you need.

pm me if you want it.

5gluder
09-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Form a Union!!!!, Seriously, if there are many of you haven't been paid i would take legal action. Honestly, if i wasn't paid after 2 weeks i would have left. Obviously the company dosen't have the neccesary cashflow to pay out their employees. The company could claim bankruptcy, which could mean you worked for free :eek:.

Ferio_vti
09-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
It's been 4 weeks of work and I still haven't been paid, they pay direct, another girl at my work will have been there 2 months by the time she get's paid, and another friend who works for the same store but in T.D has also been working there for a month and a half and no paycheck, many others have had this problem as well, what should we do?

Where do you work?? Go hassle the management. If the don't sort things out ASAP, go to labour board.

Hakkola
09-12-2002, 04:54 PM
I work at Bluenotes, it's so easy, thanks for the info, I guess I should take action asap, thing is they really like me and the assistant manager got sent to another store as a manager and picked me to help her, that's why i don't wanna be an ass to them, but i gotta get that money.

Thanks guys

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 06:30 PM
well its what you deserve (the money that is) you have every right to it. i find in jobs like retail, fast food...they will screw you over in pay if you don't speak up. :madred:

D'z Nutz
09-12-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
well its what you deserve (the money that is) you have every right to it. i find in jobs like retail, fast food...they will screw you over in pay if you don't speak up. :madred:

Which is why you should always keep track of your hours. ALWAYS. Never assume that they're nice and/or smart enough not to screw you over. Ever since I started keeping track of my hours at any job, I was suprised at how many hours/days that were left out of my pay.

kaput
09-12-2002, 08:05 PM

cocoabrova
09-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
From previous experience, this looks like an indication that the store is going to go into receivership/bankruptcy/closing down. The board and/or owners might be trying to pay down their larger debts to the bigger creditors first (employees are considered creditors when a company shuts down or is at that final stage before closing for monetary reasons), which explains why you guys aren't getting paid :thumbsdow

D'z Nutz
09-12-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Same here. I lost hundreds because they didn't pay me for an hour here and there. When I started keeping track they got pissed off cause they had to pay me. Bitches.

How the hell did they get pissed off?? Like what did they do?

Hakkola
09-12-2002, 09:18 PM
So i should try to do something about this 2morrow I guess. Thanks guys.