PDA

View Full Version : USA on the attack opinons please

choweyt3t4
09-12-2002, 04:07 PM
like to know what you guys think about the US attacking Iraq?i personally think its a lousy idea and seems to me that they are using iraq as a scape goat for bushes so called campaign against terrorism.i personally think they should get their noses out of israels politics and worry about their own politics.was just wondering what others think about this?

Ferio_vti
09-12-2002, 04:11 PM
Agreed. Bush is such a dumbass. Nothing like his father was.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393

infamous
09-12-2002, 04:11 PM
personally, i think that the USA has every right to bomb iraq. there have been many threats against the us since sept 11/2k1, and they are just trying to make sure nothing like that happens again. i don't really like bush either, but as long as they keep shit like that from happening again, i will support them

B17a
09-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Lil' Bush is just resuming what his father could not complete during his term....defeating Saddam. There are legitamate reasons to attack, do you really think all those "milk factories" are really making milk? But without world support, it'll be a tough deal to sell.

Ben
09-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Iraq is no friendly Ballerina either...all the conspiracies to make bombs and shit and thier believs in martyrism is not something I can appreciate...Killing people to prove a point is never justified...er...wait...what is the USA doing again?

In any case, I dont agree with most of the trash going on overseas, they have been fighting for thousands of years, and I dont see things being resolved overnight, with or without the USA's involvement. But, on the otherhand, I dont think we shoudl stand idly by and let them continue to kill each other...it only takes one madman with a big Abomb to fush shit up for them and the rest of the planet. I would hate to see the USA's interaction cause more fighting than is already happening. The States are not exactly welcomed over there, and we will have more fights than are on now I presume.

T5_X
09-12-2002, 04:40 PM
The war on terror is more of an excuse for them to get in there and gain oil reserves. Manifest destiny! Anyone remember learning this? America is quickly becoming a very dangerous nation because of the bush administration. Lots of people hated the US before, I'm sure that this attack will add many more people to that list and infuriate others already on it.

Ben
09-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
The war on terror is more of an excuse for them to get in there and gain oil reserves. Manifest destiny! Anyone remember learning this? America is quickly becoming a very dangerous nation because of the bush administration. Lots of people hated the US before, I'm sure that this attack will add many more people to that list and infuriate others already on it.

I agree that the states is alot of what was stated in your post ranger. On the downside though, I was talking wish some people on this issue, and they actually came out and stated that the USA deserved what they had happen to them on september 11th. I was about ---><--- close to punching them in the face. I dont care what anyone says, but no one deserved what happened on the 11th last year. That was beyond brutal. Sure the states has made mistakes in the past, but damn, not one of those people in the WTC's deserved what they had happen to them.

legendboy
09-12-2002, 05:03 PM
I think something drastic needs to happen overseas whatever the case.......something has to happen in order for anything to change there, I think Bush sees that and he's taking the initiave.......all the power to him.

Synergy
09-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you benny. i'm sure we are not all aware of what the states has done to the middle east. i'm not saying that sept 11, 2001 was deserved, but it takes two to tango and the states have been pissing off the ppl in the east for a long time now - we just don't hear about it.

dj_honda
09-12-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Synergy
I'm gonna have to disagree with you benny. i'm sure we are not all aware of what the states has done to the middle east. i'm not saying that sept 11, 2001 was deserved, but it takes two to tango and the states have been pissing off the ppl in the east for a long time now - we just don't hear about it.

i agree....for example
IMO the genocides that occured in Rwanda were not as publicized as the ones in kosovo.....for one reason.....there was no money in rwanda, but there was in kosovo....all of this lack of help in africa has led to people anti US feelings and support for extremism

but not only that......bush should have been smarter after sept 11........as soon as he started this war against terror bullshit and made it an open policy to hunt down terrorists.......guess who jumped on the bandwagon???
ISRAEL
israel decided to go into all the palestinian lands and bomb shit up because of suicide bombers. suicide bombings were happening way before that, but they needed an excuse to fight back and bush gave them one on a silver platter so they went in and started ripping shit up

and the extent of the whole ant terror campaign by israel was much more severe than what CNN showed.....i hate how everyone goes to cnn for shit, they are way too biased

not that i am supporting palestinians either.....arafat is sooo corrupt and he knows about all of hisbollah's actions....and should be replaced

dj_honda
09-12-2002, 05:19 PM
sept 11 was definitely not deserved and was a horrific act, but the US was being naive and arrogant in not assuming that this was gonna happen sooner or later

and as far as iraq......US should consult UN first and get Saddam out of power, but with and only with the backing of the UN

kenny
09-12-2002, 05:28 PM
The WTC tragedy is just another move in the ongoing clashes that occur around the world on a daily basis. It seems extra important just because it is on American soil. There have been many many deaths in the middle east, but people are now just opening their eyes because it happened so close to home. The attack on the WTC was not the start, its been an ongoing thing. I'm not saying the attack on America was deserved, but I am saying stop watching CNN and only hearing one side of the story. CNN is the biggest US government propaganda there is.

mwmhong
09-12-2002, 05:40 PM
The war on terror is more of an excuse for them to get in there and gain oil reserves.

Yeah, I've read some articles stating that global oil production is supposedly nearing its peak (based on Estimated Ultimately Recoverable Oil) and of course the US is gonna want a piece of the Middle East (40+% of the worlds oil), places like China are competitors. Supposedly it's some huge coverup because if this got out, the stock market would crash, etc. etc.
Another possibility is the US weapons industry has interests in this as well.

If Saddam won't let the weapons inspectors in, (gee, I wonder what he could be hiding?) By all means, get in there and rough 'em up. A bad thing that might happen is that if Israel is attacked all the Arab countires will hate the US for defending them and join in the rumble.

5.9 R/T
09-12-2002, 05:52 PM
I think one of the reasons is that it's just a ploy to keep military spending up so the economy doesn't collapse. We've been on what seems like the verge of a recession for a long time now and I don't think it would take much to push us over the edge. As long as the bush admin. keeps spending money on military equipment and other related ventures it will keep pumping millions if not billions of money into the economy. With the war in afganistan basically complete they now need a new war to wage, and Iraq seems the most logical choice. Whether or not it's right, i don't know (too much propaganda), but I do know that if they had wanted saddam out (or dead) before they could have done it quite easily, but they didn't.

T5_X
09-12-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Benny

I agree that the states is alot of what was stated in your post ranger. On the downside though, I was talking wish some people on this issue, and they actually came out and stated that the USA deserved what they had happen to them on september 11th. I was about ---><--- close to punching them in the face. I dont care what anyone says, but no one deserved what happened on the 11th last year. That was beyond brutal. Sure the states has made mistakes in the past, but damn, not one of those people in the WTC's deserved what they had happen to them.

Yes, I get angry when people say that as well. No one "deserves" to die for any reason, especially civilians. But guess what? The US had killed as many, if not more innocent afghan civilians as there were US civilians killed in the WTC attacks. Lets not forget as well that the US has funded terrorists in the past so they could gain from it. As well, like someone mentioned, there are many wars going on that are never really publicised. If a couple of people in Isreal die, the whole western world hears about it, and something needs to be done about it, but if thousands of people are killed due to genocidal reasons in East Timor, no one gives a shit.

What I get most upset about is the opinion of many Americans. Patriotism is at such a high point, so many americans are just jumping on the bandwagon saying "protect our safety at all costs"
"protect the american way" "everything said on the news and by our government is the absolute truth" and anyone who keeps an open mind and questions immediatly gets shot down and marked as a traitor. After 9/11 last year, there was a paper written by 100 (i think) nobel prize winners about the US and their exploitive foreign relations to the 3rd world. The only place i saw it published was at the back of the globe and mail. Even some of the smartest people in the world are told to shut up if they say the slightest thing that disagrees with the current american way. WTF!? America is a democracy, it's a land of free speech! Things are probably no different now than what happened in the 50s. Anyone who disagreed with thier country was labeled as a "communist."

Anyway, I'm just stating some scattered opinions I have. I'm not anti-american, and I love many things about america, but in a time like this, I'm damn glad that I'm a canadian and can look on this with a neutral opinion.

Zephyr
09-12-2002, 06:37 PM
attacking Iraq may have many good points, then many bad points.

Striking Iraq may actually close down the weapons of mass destruction manufacturing. Then again, many allies of Iraq will fight along side with Iraq causing again a possible World War. World Wars started with sides, two nations fought, and brough allies with them, soon everyone was involved. There have been proof and photographs taken of victims that had weapons of mass destruction tested on them in Iraq, so thus that gives off the clue of weapons being held in Iraq.

If there is weapons there, it should be rid of soon, but not until the facts are completely layed out.

I knew once Bush took the seat as president, he was gonna take the states into another war, just like daddy did, hes gonna screw up. Then we have another democratic president fix it, then another republican screws it up again...its a endless cycle of hell.

Ben
09-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Obviously you fellas never read my post correctly. I'm on the same lines as your retorts to my post, I was merely using that as an example. While I'm not saying the states are clean at hand in the past, but the truth of the matter is I was never exposed to that junk that they have done over seas. You hear about it on the news, but it never really sinks in, but the WTC was the first thing that really struck me as holy christ, things are getting serious. It hit so close to home. We live in a bubble ladies and gents in compared to the attrocities that go on over seas. Alot of which we take for granted. I know I did. Like I said, No One desevres to die like the people in the WTC, did I say "But all the people in the past, meah, thats life?" No, I was merely stating an insight at the time, I did not have time to write a dicertation on my feelings and views of life. I 100% agree with your replies, i was just demonstrating my humility towards the horrors as a whole, which like Legendboy stated, needs to have something done about.

max_boost
09-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Hell yah they should attack Iraq. As Dennis Miller said, "Yes we should invade Iraq, we should invade Iraq on PPV!"

I would pay to see the US behead Saddam Hussein. The world has changed since September 11. A country ruled by a tyrannical individual like Saddam Hussein should be brought down. Any nation who harbors and supports terrorist activities is a threat to the entire world.

DAm if you do, dam if you don't. What is the U.S suppose to do? Sit back and relax? Leave the world alone? Just allow the people in the middle east to keep bombing and killing each other? Something needs to be done, I commend the Bush administration.

Now not everyone is going to agree with me but I have already zipped up my flame suit, so just bring it!

2000impreza
09-12-2002, 08:33 PM
THEY ARE COMMING TO GET US. AHAHAHAHHA

just wanted to say that once... lol.

max_boost
09-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Ok, for those of you who think the US should not attack Iraq, what is your solution? I would like to hear it!

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 11:44 PM
not everyone living in Iraq is bad...its unethical to just bomb the sh*t out of Iraq. look at the pain and suffering inflicted on Japan! most were innocent people.

max_boost
09-12-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
not everyone living in Iraq is bad...its unethical to just bomb the sh*t out of Iraq. look at the pain and suffering inflicted on Japan! most were innocent people.

Don't worry, the good people will go to heaven:angel: and the bad will go to hell!:devil:

Did you know that the bad people will reincarnate into animals for their next lives? :zzz:

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Don't worry, the good people will go to heaven:angel: and the bad will go to hell!:devil:

Did you know that the bad people will reincarnate into animals for their next lives? :zzz:

why do you always copy me?!! CONCOCT your own stuff!! grrr!! :madred: :guns: ;)

...and what's with the sleepy smilie?? are you dozing off when i tell u my interesting tid-bits of the day??!! ...j/k'ing

but yeah..didn't that philosophy class do anything for you? its unethical to kill innocent people. its morally wrong to use a person as a means to get to an ends.

mwmhong
09-13-2002, 12:05 AM
War and violence makes baby Jeebus cry

B17a
09-13-2002, 07:25 AM

Lets not forget as well that the US has funded terrorists in the past so they could gain from it.

That's a good point since it was the US who backed and trained the Mujahadin guerillas in their fight against the Soviets in the 1980's. And from whence Osama and the Taliban all began......

max_boost
09-13-2002, 03:16 PM
Weapon R

I received honours in highschool social studies, I don't need you to recite to me everything that happened in the post WW2 era.

Why don't you relax dude!

You could have said something like my views are ignorant and don't take into account the things America does internationally:rofl: :rofl:

RSeXy
09-13-2002, 04:56 PM
well its a political debate for a reason..not everyone is going to agree. if they did then we wouldn't have a problem!

everyone is entitled to their own opinions. there is so much to the story of Iraq and the Western world and who has done what...

i guess it comes down to saving a lot of people or saving a few....how do you value a human life?

B17a
09-13-2002, 05:09 PM
The one thing I am tired of is people saying how Westerners equte the religion of Islam to terrorist. Yes, there are some who make ignorant assumptions but many of these terrorists use religion as a shield or justification. Jihad means holy war, Hezebollah also means something along those lines. The Taliban regime basis much of it's teachings on riding the world of infidels, or non-muslims. That Iraqi newspaper this week said God (allah) was punishing the US with Sept 11th so on and so on. So my point is, you can't suck and blow (well some people might!), you can't complain about people associating islam with terror while ignoring the fact that many of these groups use religion as their front. My $0.02.