PDA

View Full Version : Any instrumentation Techs On the Forum?

Vtecmini
09-02-2011, 02:45 AM
Looking for a possible career change and just wanted to see what your field of work is like.

calgarydub
09-02-2011, 04:26 AM
My Brother is taking this at SAIT, going into the 2nd year. He has been working for Tarpon right now in summer (http://www.tarponenergy.com/) doing whatever they do out in the field.

PM me with any Q's you might have and I will have him answer next time I see him.

Vtecmini
09-02-2011, 06:28 AM
I found a duties and responsibilities page on the tarpon site. I will pm you if I have a questions thanks.

HiTempguy1
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Vtecmini
Looking for a possible career change and just wanted to see what your field of work is like.

Are you looking to apprentice or go to school? Both somewhat change what you'll do (initially). Instrumentation is such a wide open career, it allows you to get into almost anything (with some effort, of course).!

CompletelyNumb
09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I did my first year apprenticeship. I'm not sure how much more valuable it would be to go the school route. It's a good career to get in to. Once you're Red Seal you don't have to worry about lack of work or money.

I left because the money sucks at first. With my oilfield experience they gave me $21/hour as a first year (Usual was $15 back then) and it still wasn't enough.

But if you're in a position where you don't need a 6 figure income then I'd go for it.