PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Suspend account

eblend
09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Hello,

My wife is leaving the country for 2.5 month and has a rogers phone which we pay like 60 bucks for. Does anyone know if it is possible to suspend service with rogers, and is there a minimum time, as I will be leaving for 5 weeks myself and would like to suspend mine as well.

eblend
09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
For future reference, called Rogers and they basically said that I am SOL, they do not suspend accounts, best they could do is lower it to the lowest price plan, but if you have any credits or any special plans they won't put you back on them when you come back.

Rogers is the most inflexible company ever, have 3 lines with them for the last 12 years or so, dropped one line last year, gonna drop another next year, and when the final contract runs out will drop them all together. Hope the competition eats them up.

projekz
09-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I've suspended my wife's Rogers account before for 4 month while she was in Philippines with no issues at all.:dunno:

Maybe they stopped doing it or you spoke to a retard...

eblend
09-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by projekz
I've suspended my wife's Rogers account before for 4 month while she was in Philippines with no issues at all.:dunno:

Maybe they stopped doing it or you spoke to a retard...

I will give them a call again, I spoke to the first person and than to the retentions person as well and they both said the same thing, even after I threatened to leave them for good.

KISS_ME
09-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Ya, i tried to suspend my account few months back and they gave me the SOL answer too. I dont think they suspend accounts.

picmerollin
09-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I have just run out my contract with rogers (thank goodness) and there is an emergency only plan you can go on.

it was ~ 16/ month, included very few or zero minutes and any airtime used was priced at a much higher level than the usual overage cost.

I had the phone in a drawer unused while letting the contract run out.

They definitely are not trying to advertise this as a way to run out the contract for the lowest cost.

I just made the call last week to fully cancel, and of course there is another billing cycle to go through until I am fully off the hook.