PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to SEMA?

nookmumracing
09-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Possibly going down to check out the show. Anyone else going?

Peace

infamous
09-12-2002, 04:53 PM
just out of curiosity, when and where is it??

cocoabrova
09-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by infamous
just out of curiosity, when and where is it??
The last one was in vEGA$ :thumbsup:

CRXguy
09-12-2002, 05:14 PM
Isn't it in Vegas EVERY year?

I heard it's not open to the public? Unless someone got hookups?!:D

5.9 R/T
09-12-2002, 05:56 PM
It's in vegas every year and you have to be part of the industy to get in. It is not open to the public, which sucks, there is a ton of stuff to look at, and is, IMO the best show out there that I don't even have the opertunity to check out.

SEMA = Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (IIRC)

max_boost
09-12-2002, 08:19 PM
So how do you get passes? Do you have to prove that you are part of a tunershop? Do you apply for passes or something?

nookmumracing
09-13-2002, 10:19 AM
November 5,6,7 I think. I think you got to get the shop/dealer to get the tickets. I'm just taggin along so I got hooked up. I heard you need at least 3 days to check out the whole show. All the big dogs are in for this one, even from the motherland(Japan).

Peace

infamous
09-13-2002, 10:23 AM
hey can you hook me up?? do you know anyone who can hook me up??

nookmumracing
09-13-2002, 02:07 PM
I just got hooked up by a buddy. They are going to go for business, I'm going for pleasure. They are doing all the arrangements. I don't think it's too hard to get tickets. If you go to the SEMA site and register as a club member or shop member I think you can get hooked up. Say you belong to Beyond.ca and their car club. i read on another forum that some guy did that.

Peace
Good Luck

Tuner1
09-14-2002, 11:32 AM
If you are only thinking about it now, good luck getting a hotel room :D You'll be paying $400+ per night or staying at a Motel 6 in the middle of the desert. The show is for shops/industry only and they do check to make sure. It is kinda' cool but honesty I'd never go for pleasure. It still has way over 60% domestic content and of that lots is truck stuff. If you want an "import" show go to the Import Auto Salon in LA.

Rob

nookmumracing
09-16-2002, 12:03 PM
We got it booked, just want to see some new cars, other than the ones I see around town. Do you think if I drive fast enough I can get by the border in a R34 Skyline without being detected?

Peace

infamous
09-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by nookmumracing
We got it booked, just want to see some new cars, other than the ones I see around town. Do you think if I drive fast enough I can get by the border in a R34 Skyline without being detected?

Peace

hahahhaaa i'd like to see that.....i don't think so though

importadrenelin
09-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Also got to be 21 to go to SEMA and yes a part of the Industry to get Tickets

slowcivic
09-29-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32
If you are only thinking about it now, good luck getting a hotel room :D You'll be paying $400+ per night or staying at a Motel 6 in the middle of the desert. The show is for shops/industry only and they do check to make sure. It is kinda' cool but honesty I'd never go for pleasure. It still has way over 60% domestic content and of that lots is truck stuff. If you want an "import" show go to the Import Auto Salon in LA.

Rob

Import Auto Salon in LA is now called the International Auto Salon to accomodate all the domestic aftermarket manufacturers. I would avoid the IAS as its just a scaled down version of SEMA. Sema is the largest "trade" show in North America ...if y'all wanna see an Import Trade Show you gotta hit up the Tokyo or Osaka Auto salon in Japan ...CRAZEEEE!!!!

MrX
10-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by nookmumracing

Peace

Just hit the Nitrous button right before you pass.:thumbsup:
Better be a 150hp shot!

Clem
10-03-2002, 09:09 AM
I'm registered and booked to go.

nookmumracing
10-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Cool, I'll watch out for you. What shop you going with?

Peace

Clem
10-03-2002, 12:09 PM
I'll be rolling with Markis and the V8Less crew. See you there.

MistaBrent
10-05-2002, 03:08 AM
dont speed in montana you will almost for sure get picked up on i-15

i drove to Las vegas/ la / san diego 2 weeks ago . the only 2 tickets i got on that trip were in montana

going south on -15 and then going home on i-15 the cops are out from helena - butte before then and after then you should be okay.

the good thing is the MHP (montana highway patrol) were very nice compared to the police here.

the speeding ticket is very cheap the max is $40 usd. but i figured the amount of time wasted getting the ticket i would of went the same distance going the speed limit.

anyways just a tip if you dont want a ticket if driving to the states ( they make you pay upfront cash only cause were out of country)

Dope Dealer
10-05-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by MistaBrent
dont speed in montana you will almost for sure get picked up on i-15

i drove to Las vegas/ la / san diego 2 weeks ago . the only 2 tickets i got on that trip were in montana

going south on -15 and then going home on i-15 the cops are out from helena - butte before then and after then you should be okay.

the good thing is the MHP (montana highway patrol) were very nice compared to the police here.

the speeding ticket is very cheap the max is $40 usd. but i figured the amount of time wasted getting the ticket i would of went the same distance going the speed limit.

anyways just a tip if you dont want a ticket if driving to the states ( they make you pay upfront cash only cause were out of country)

The highway patrol can't follow you into another state if you can outrun them. Hahah, stupid laws Americans make.

I also heard that cops carry around credit card machines in the States. In Wisconsin at least. :)

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-14-2002, 11:31 AM
lol nookmum...yes you can... its probably done every night...

people running product in nice cars ;)