PDA

View Full Version : Young Offender Identities...

Weapon_R
01-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Is it possible to check the status of a young offender with items relating to their charges and convictions?

I know you can do it for adult offenders, but is this information available to the public in regards to young offenders?

And if so, where and how can I check?

buh_buh
01-22-2004, 02:01 PM
I believe young offender records have to be kept confidential.

legendboy
01-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Young offenders confidentiality is over and above everybody else, that information is even sealed to lawyers

Melinda
01-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Yep, names and status of charges for them are not released at all, not until after they are convicted

ramminghard
01-25-2004, 03:43 PM
It is sealed unless they do something wrong again. then they can come back.

Ajay
01-25-2004, 06:02 PM
In Canada they can't display that information if the offender is under the age of 18 thanks to the Young Offenders Act which in my opinion is retarded.

Even after they're convicted they still don't publish the names or show pictures of the offender. Case in point is that person who shot and killed another person in Taber at the school there. He's in jail and has been convicted of murder but they still don't release his name because he's still under the age of 18.

Weapon_R
01-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Case in point is that person who shot and killed another person in Taber at the school there. He's in jail and has been convicted of murder but they still don't release his name because he's still under the age of 18.

And the worst part is, he'll be able to find gainful employment in the future without anyone ever knowing who he is, or what he did....

Ajay
01-25-2004, 07:52 PM
That's what I don't agree with. He's supposed to be released pretty soon cause the Canadian legal system is a joke...personally I'de like to know if a psycho murderer is moving into my neighborhood.

angierideswitme
01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

And the worst part is, he'll be able to find gainful employment in the future without anyone ever knowing who he is, or what he did....

No, if your charged with a crime, even under the age of majority, your employer can still find out.

Weapon_R
01-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by angierideswitme

No, if your charged with a crime, even under the age of majority, your employer can still find out.

How?

angierideswitme
01-26-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't know, But I am Absolutely positive they can, I was at the youth court down town and on the 3rd floor they have panflets explaining how the system works, you can get one on anything, I was reading it worried about my impending criminal charges, and remember reading that youths if they get chraged, information can be released to an-employer

So if you really need to know, go down there and get one.

sorry I can't help you anymore