PDA

View Full Version : **Ricer Thread**

Pages : [1] 2

star-k
09-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Here is an general thread about what everyone thinks the universal definition of a "ricer" Feel free to post your comments & ideas.

OriginalGoods
09-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Got Rice?

Type_S1
09-06-2011, 12:38 PM
All show, no go?

Tomaz
09-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Large aluminum wings on the back of <200HP, FWD, street cars.

LED washer squirters

Peel and stick vents, hoods, exhaust tips, etc.

Basically anything from Canadian Tire. lol

4" exhaust on stock NA hondas

Underglow

To each their own, but these get put on my list.

alien
09-06-2011, 12:58 PM
performance part stickers all over the car when all that's done to the car is k&n filter and headlight covers.

A790
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Large aluminum wings on the back of &lt;200HP, FWD, street cars.

LED washer squirters

Peel and stick vents, hoods, exhaust tips, etc.

Basically anything from Canadian Tire. lol

4&quot; exhaust on stock NA hondas

Underglow

To each their own, but these get put on my list.
So, if I'm reading this correctly, your definition of a ricer is pretty much what your first car was?

hahahahahaha

88CRX
09-06-2011, 01:02 PM
:facepalm:

Skyline_Addict
09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
my cars.

wintonyk
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
http://failcar.com/images/cars/ricer-17803.jpg

Notice its a Toyota Sti to top it off

962 kid
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/338688/riceds-2011-subaru-hiv/

Abeo
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement

its a backronymn, but it works

JRSC00LUDE
09-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by star-k
Here is an general thread about what everyone thinks the universal definition of a &quot;ricer&quot; Feel free to post your comments &amp; ideas.

Typically, it is anything driven by someone who possesses about your level of proficiency with grammar.

M.alex
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
If it's not a V8 it's rice.

Disoblige
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
If it's not a V8 it's rice.
Are V12's rice? :D

z2two
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/338688/riceds-2011-subaru-hiv/

don't know if you're trolling or serious.

effingidiot
09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Ricer target demographic cannot afford them, so no, they are not. :rofl:

n1zm0
09-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Berlina Black S2Ks, sooo rice

Tomaz
09-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by A790

So, if I'm reading this correctly, your definition of a ricer is pretty much what your first car was?

hahahahahaha

YUP! Guilty! hahaha.

M.alex
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Case-by-case basis .... I've seen some lambos from Japan that are pretty rice-a-roni.....

Mitsu3000gt
09-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I just cant stand the people who have ridiculously loud exhausts on their civics (neons, cobalts, or similar, etc.) and whatnot, feeling the need to redline every shift. Usually it's on the 10 year old POS rust buckets to boot.

And when they drive by and you look at them in disgust to see what is making that awful noise, you just know they think you're checking out their ride because you think it's awesome. I don't think there's a person on this planet who enjoys the noise of a cheap exhaust on a 1991 rusted out civic redlining every shift so that their trip to 100km/h might take less than 10 seconds. Don't even get me started on the wings they buy that look like they were sourced from Boeing so that they might get 1lb of down force as they drive around the city.

I have nothing against people modding their car to their tastes, but it's the ones that drive/act like douches that annoy me, driving like they are auditioning for the next Transporter movie because they added a CAI to their car to bring the HP figures from 120 to 122.

colinxx235
09-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

And when they drive by and you look at them in disgust to see what is making that awful noise, you just know they think you're checking out their ride because you think it's awesome.

Haha sounds like all the guys near Mckenzie area with skylines/240's. Rusted out or with fart cannons. They see you look after the painful sound of their car and assume you want to race. They proceed to punch it only furthering the awful sound that makes you cringe... :banghead:

snow_daniel
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
Berlina Black S2Ks, sooo rice
Only BB S2ks are rice? not other color?
Reason I ask, YES I had a BB S2k LOL

Mibz
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Rice isn't defined by the parts on the car, it's a state of mind.

DonJuan
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Anything slow with fartcan and/or awful body kit unpainted, stupid drift wings. Stickers/symbols/emblems/vents etc; anything that the car doesn't have or is deemed ghey.

Previso: One cannot call a mod rice if it is on a car that is fasther than their own. ie: You gotta beqat it before you can knock it.

Type_S1
09-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Rice isn't defined by the parts on the car, it's a state of mind.

I beg to differ....

People with huge ricer wings and fart cans/axle back exhaust, neon lights etc...I don't care who you are or what your state of mind is...that is rice.

Toilet_D
09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Typically, it is anything driven by someone who possesses about your level of proficiency with grammar.

yeah, you fuckin' tell 'em bud!

cam_wmh
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Previso: One cannot call a mod rice if it is on a car that is fasther than their own. ie: You gotta beqat it before you can knock it.

Wrong. SRT-4 with whiteout tails, shopping cart handle spoiler.

Kloubek
09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Mufflers are bad, and the most common infraction. It drives me nuts hearing some crappy Civic flooring it and causing the same amount of noise are a freakin jet plane.

Visually, those aluminum spoilers totally make me shake my head as well. They should never, ever have found their way onto any street car - let alone a ricer.

A3GTiVR6SC
09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
*Puts flamesuit on*:D

The majority of illMotion. (Of course, some exceptions)
The whole Form>Function ideology.

:poosie:

88CRX
09-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I find it kind of ironic that it's always a bunch of anonymous people on the internet, usually rolling in stock cars that feel the need to define what “rice” is.

Ha!

http://twenty-somethingtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/haters_gonna_hate.gif

nismodrifter
09-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Volkswagens
Wheels that stick out too far

Abeo
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
I find it kind of ironic that it's always a bunch of anonymous people on the internet, usually rolling in stock cars that feel the need to define what “rice” is.

Some people put on bigger wheels to fit bigger tires so they can grip better, bigger brakes so they can stop faster, aftermarket suspension so they can turn or launch better, higher power engines so they can accelerate faster, etc. None of these are purely aesthetic, but may have secondary aesthetic qualities.

Its kind of like:
Some people go to the gym to build muscle so they can compete in a sport better, or run faster, or be healthier.
vs
Some people go to the gym to get beach muscles, get spray tans, get tribal tattoos, frost their tips, etc.

In summary, ricers are the automotive equivalent of
http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2009/11/douchebags_2.jpg

Type_S1
09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC

The whole Form&gt;Function ideology.

Would agree with the majority of illMotion comment...no flaming on that one here.

max_boost
09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC

The whole Form&gt;Function ideology.

I can see how some regard it as rice but I give those guys props because they take good care of their whips and the mods they put on are high quality.

Anyone can slam their rides and put on a big wing but illmotion crew do it the right way IMO

88CRX
09-06-2011, 08:32 PM
We're all well past the age of giving a fuck about what some online kids think so it's all good.

riced
09-06-2011, 08:49 PM
It sucks that there are threads like this. Simply because it really just discourages the scene that we lack.

While I agree that there are some mods that are different than others, be it neon lights, or the fart can, ultimately it's not our car. You can hate on it, but everybody here seems to comment like their opinion is a fact.

Fake parts or not, if it looks good in your eyes, then I can appreciate that fact and enjoy your work too. We don't build our cars to get anybody's acceptance - I think that's why there's so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different and actually get the props they deserve.

the show and shine for example was the perfect example of a combination of people with diverse taste, good quality cars, and good company. Some of you on this forum really kill that morale unfortunately.

Seikencube
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by riced
It sucks that there are threads like this. Simply because it really just discourages the scene that we lack.

While I agree that there are some mods that are different than others, be it neon lights, or the fart can, ultimately it's not our car. You can hate on it, but everybody here seems to comment like their opinion is a fact.

Fake parts or not, if it looks good in your eyes, then I can appreciate that fact and enjoy your work too. We don't build our cars to get anybody's acceptance - I think that's why there's so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different and actually get the props they deserve.

the show and shine for example was the perfect example of a combination of people with diverse taste, good quality cars, and good company. Some of you on this forum really kill that morale unfortunately.

took the words outta my mouth jason lol.

It just really comes down to ... " to each their own " :D

962 kid
09-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Funny, because I think builds like yours are largely responsible for the lack of scene that we currently enjoy. Call me a hater all you want... because you're right. I hate that illmotion cheapens the hard work and true commitment that goes into any worthwhile build. Contrary to your belief, there are so, so, so many awesome cars in this city/province that you have missed or not found or don't know about or don't care to feature. So don't spout off about how noone gets the props they deserve when you're too busy collecting handjobs for bolting a giant wing onto the spoiler of a stock car.

Building cars with nothing but neon lights, fart cans, dope rimz, GT wings and all the other cosmetic bolton BS that you so proudly flaunt does nothing but teach people that they don't need to actually practice, work hard, learn, fuck up, get dirty and pour their heart and soul into a car to get respect. Don't bitch about the lack of awesome cars when your own build showcases NOTHING unique, innovative, special, interesting or even remotely time consuming.

Step back and take a look at who you call a hater before you speak. Who do you think is more likely to be a hater - the person who knows nothing and is new to the car scene? Or the person who has a thousand man hours into his car and is insulted that you cheapen the scene with your "track ready" builds... If you need a hint, I can think of a half dozen feature worthy cars that have all decided they would rather stay low key than be on illmotion.

djayz
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM

If you need a hint, I can think of a half dozen feature worthy cars that have all decided they would rather stay low key than be on illmotion.

Who's fault is that?

If they don't want to be featured good for them, but hiding your 1000 man hour car does you or the scene no good either.

962 kid
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by djayz

Who's fault is that?

If they don't want to be featured good for them, but hiding your 1000 man hour car does you or the scene no good either.

Whose fault is that? Maybe the squadron of guys who spend more time making new color schemes for their decals than finding builds... Maybe the guys who blow off people who offer their slick build up to illmotion... Maybe the guys who dismiss everyone that doesn't agree with their cosmetic only modifications as "haters"

Sure, there are always going to be new builds and low key guys. You can't get em all. Too bad that's not the only factor in play.

riced
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm not claiming my build or any of our builds make the scene. The difference here is that there is one group that is actually "hating" or discriminating the scene because it's not their taste and the other that really just enjoys what's happening with the cars that come out.

5 hours of working on your car or 10000 hours, to me personally, it doesn't matter because you have to start somewhere. That guy that put his blood, sweat and tears into his car for 10000 hours started at 1 hour. I'm sure that at not one point did he not enjoy what he was doing.

Your negative attitude towards everything is what gets me. We do this because people enjoy seeing the work other people have done. Simple.

djayz
09-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Whose fault is that? Maybe the squadron of guys who spend more time making new color schemes for their decals than finding builds... Maybe the guys who blow off people who offer their slick build up to illmotion... Maybe the guys who dismiss everyone that doesn't agree with their cosmetic only modifications as &quot;haters&quot;

Sure, there are always going to be new builds and low key guys. You can't get em all. Too bad that's not the only factor in play.

If I recall we wanted to feature your daddies shop and you said no because you don't want little kids coming there...

Who's the hater now?

Edit: Just for the record I have nothing against you or your father's shop. But when that happened last year I was dumb founded to hear why a shop of such nature would reject any possible customer base.

EM1FTW
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
gossip gossip nigga just stop it

oh and turbo civics are rice

btimbit
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Volkswagens
Wheels that stick out too far

Dammit.
:rofl:

I'd say it stems from that whole form>function thing. Now saying that form>function is rice would be a bit of a stretch, but not a very big one. Rice to me is someone who works on their car for an image, as a sort of fashion statement even.

Then again who am I to talk, my supercharger's sat in my garage for weeks while my car remains at a measly 200hp

Toyota Racing
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
A person with a fart can that can't beat my 6cyl van (stock) is considered a ricer to me...

Sentry
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by EM1FTW
gossip gossip nigga just stop it

oh and turbo civics are rice
Aw fuck

BananaFob
09-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Let's see...

retarded hovercraft camber? check
retarded colored wheels (disregard if you have a gt3 RS) check
park bench spoiler? check
ssqv venting to atmosphere on a maf car? check

Sounds like Uncle Ben's to me.

streethondas
09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
yellow civics are definitely rice y0!:cry:

Mibz
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BananaFob
retarded colored wheels (disregard if you have a gt3 RS) check I'm not arguing, I just want to hear your reasoning for the "If it's on x car, it's okay" exceptions.

BananaFob
09-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I'm not arguing, I just want to hear your reasoning for the &quot;If it's on x car, it's okay&quot; exceptions.

It comes stock and it's a Porsche tradition?

djayz
09-06-2011, 10:44 PM

It comes stock and it's a Porsche tradition?

So if a kia rio came in purple with bright yellow wheels you would be okay with it?

BananaFob
09-06-2011, 10:45 PM

So if a kia rio came in purple with bright yellow wheels you would be okay with it?

Sorry, wasn't aware that Kia had a tradition of racing livery.

962 kid
09-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm not claiming my build or any of our builds make the scene. The difference here is that there is one group that is actually &quot;hating&quot; or discriminating the scene because it's not their taste and the other that really just enjoys what's happening with the cars that come out.

5 hours of working on your car or 10000 hours, to me personally, it doesn't matter because you have to start somewhere. That guy that put his blood, sweat and tears into his car for 10000 hours started at 1 hour. I'm sure that at not one point did he not enjoy what he was doing.

Your negative attitude towards everything is what gets me. We do this because people enjoy seeing the work other people have done. Simple.

Group? What group... I'm pretty alone here. I don't usually hate on cars, I've helped many people with what most would consider "ricey" mods. I love getting new people into the scene and wrenching on their cars - I'll answer any questions thrown at me and I drop pretty much anything I can if someone really needs an assist on their car. I truly enjoy doing my part to help other people move forward at whatever pace they're at.

What I will hate on all day is mentality. You want to put ricey stuff on your car? Fine. You want to put ricey stuff on your car, flaunt it, disregard the "hard work" portion and then turn around and have the audacity to say that "so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different and actually get the props they deserve. "??? Not fine. Insulting.

You don't get the negativity? That's fine. I don't get how you claim to want to just move the scene forward, but then have such a lackadaisical attitude towards finding new cars to feature, or to modifying your own car. I don't understand why you say "everything is personal preference" and then go on to call anyone who points out that a GT wing on a stock car is silly a "hater" or "discriminating."

If I recall we wanted to feature your daddies shop and you said no because you don't want little kids coming there...

Who's the hater now?

Did you miss the part where I said you can call me a hater? :rofl:

:rofl: daddies shop... None of the cars I'm talking about are affiliated in any way with that. Funny that I'm able to find these seemingly non-existant cars... what's the saying, hiding in plain sight? I actually handed a feature car to IM on a silver platter but got brushed off... why would I put any of my other friends in that position again?

You're damn straight though, old man doesn't want a bunch of people he doesn't know going around shooting pictures of his shop and the cars not belonging to him. That's not hard to understand.

Porsche has used colored wheels in racing for decades as someone pointed out. Cars with blue and red accents were the main 2 cars. Green accents were used on the spare car.

88CRX
09-06-2011, 10:54 PM
You obviously have some sort of person agenda with your posts…. it’s the internet, we run a website, that’s it. Get over it.

We feature whatever we want. It’s our site that’s how it works. If you want to feature you or your friend’s secret cars that nobody knows about then make your own damn website but don’t come on here spouting like it’s our duty to search the city/province/country to find these cars. We all have regular jobs and run the site in our spare time.

If you were so interested in getting you or your friends secret cars posted up on our site why not come up to one of us in person and ask. We’re all normal car guys, I’m sure you’ve seen us at any/all events. However coming on the internet and talking shit about our intention or what we’ve done for the scene might not have been the best approach.

Remember kids the internet is serious business.

BananaFob
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
You obviously have some sort of person agenda with your posts…. it’s the internet, we run a website, that’s it. Get over it.

We feature whatever we want. It’s our site that’s how it works. If you want to feature you or your friend’s secret cars that nobody knows about then make your own damn website but don’t come on here spouting like it’s our duty to search the city/province/country to find these cars. We all have regular jobs and run the site in our spare time.

If you were so interested in getting you or your friends secret cars posted up on our site why not come up to one of us in person and ask. We’re all normal car guys, I’m sure you’ve seen us at any/all events. However coming on the internet and talking shit about our intention or what we’ve done for the scene might not have been the best approach.

Remember kids the internet is serious business.

I guess some guys just can't take the criticism.

Obviously you and your like minded group (which might be the majority, who knows?) think your cars are cool. Others don't. It's that simple. You feature your cars out on the internet, it's open to criticism.

djayz
09-06-2011, 11:01 PM

Sorry, wasn't aware that Kia had a tradition of racing livery.

You should broaden your horizons!
Regardless I get your point but don't think it's relevant. The scene moves forward because of new and different things.

Did you miss the part where I said you can call me a hater? :rofl:

:rofl: daddies shop... None of the cars I'm talking about are affiliated in any way with that. Funny that I'm able to find these seemingly non-existant cars... what's the saying, hiding in plain sight? I actually handed a feature car to IM on a silver platter but got brushed off... why would I put any of my other friends in that position again?

You're damn straight though, old man doesn't want a bunch of people he doesn't know going around shooting pictures of his shop and the cars not belonging to him. That's not hard to understand.

Porsche has used colored wheels in racing for decades as someone pointed out. Cars with blue and red accents were the main 2 cars. Green accents were used on the spare car.

Nope didn't miss it, doesn't change the fact.

If they aren't affiliated that's fine. You may find them because you're in the industry while a lot of us aren't. We do look for different cars and while they may not please your eyes they do please enough that yours don't matter.
Our show and shine was a prime example bringing out a wide range of cars and because of that we were able to see what's out there and we have contacted and shot a lot of the cars. If you failed to show that is simply your or your friends fault.

You offered your car because you wanted personal pictures. We wanted to expose the scene. We aren't people's personal photographers so you can have pics to jack off to your car in your bedroom.

It is hard to understand. As a shop would you not want exposure or is business that good? There was nothing said about shooting the cars in your shop. We wanted to shoot the SHOP itself. Look at our shop spotlights and you'll clearly see what i'm talking about.

And i'm glad you can see color, but is there a purpose to the colors porsche uses? :thumbsup:

Shlade
09-06-2011, 11:34 PM
If i dont generally like a car I keep it to myself. Unless the owner deserves to know that he drives something that looks awful and he is a complete dbag himself I wont say anything.

Why do we even make threads like this? Am I the only open minded car guy here? I love my Mustangs but I also enjoy seeing other cars from the import scene. (I just have never been a fan of anything European.. even tho Im European myself..) Pretty sure just the cost of them is what keeps me from liking them :D

962 kid
09-06-2011, 11:40 PM
You obviously have some sort of person agenda with your posts…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, the straight up absurdity of that statment is fucking outrageous. Hidden agenda? Silly. My friends cars are not hidden or secret or hiding under tarps and there are more than a handful of people floating around the scene that know of them. FWIW I actually have approached illmotion in person with a car I thought would be a good feature (not mine as djayz would believe).

Nope didn't miss it, doesn't change the fact.

If they aren't affiliated that's fine. You may find them because you're in the industry while a lot of us aren't. We do look for different cars and while they may not please your eyes they do please enough that yours don't matter.
Our show and shine was a prime example bringing out a wide range of cars and because of that we were able to see what's out there and we have contacted and shot a lot of the cars. If you failed to show that is simply your or your friends fault.

You offered your car because you wanted personal pictures. We wanted to expose the scene. We aren't people's personal photographers so you can have pics to jack off to your car in your bedroom.

And i'm glad you can see color, but is there a purpose to the colors porsche uses?

What don't you get about me not finding these cars in the industry, or me not hating on cars because I don't agree with the mods? I'm in school 8 months of the year for engineering lol none of the cars I'm talking about are European. Also, I've never offered my car for an illmotion feature or any other feature :thumbsup: It's not show worthy.

My friends failed to show? Funny, I saw several cars showing there that I've had my hands on personally. Also funny how you brag about the show and shine bringing out a wide variety of great cars, and yet there are "so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different."

BTW the colors were picked to help identify the cars while racing. As for why specifically red/blue/green, who knows. It's a lot easier to tell cars apart by wheel color than racing number. It started that way, and that's why it is. You know, that whole "tradition" thing.

Edit: Just for the record I have nothing against you or your father's shop.

Good, then leave his decision out of your posts. It's not up to me or you. You've always been free to go out and shoot his workmanship at the Edmonton Indy, or Race City, or wherever else it may be.

djayz
09-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
If i dont generally like a car I keep it to myself. Unless the owner deserves to know that he drives something that looks awful and he is a complete dbag himself I wont say anything.

Why do we even make threads like this? Am I the only open minded car guy here? I love my Mustangs but I also enjoy seeing other cars from the import scene. (I just have never been a fan of anything European.. even tho Im European myself..) Pretty sure just the cost of them is what keeps me from liking them :D

Very well said, as a true car enthusiast you should be able to appreciate any and every car because after all they are all 'cars'
Sure some may not be to your liking but that's okay, that's why there is different makes and models and variety.

BananaFob
09-06-2011, 11:45 PM
:( Us rotary guys must be haters. I know Team_Mclaren would agree.

djayz
09-06-2011, 11:51 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, the straight up absurdity of that statment is fucking outrageous. Hidden agenda? Silly. My friends cars are not hidden or secret or hiding under tarps and there are more than a handful of people floating around the scene that know of them. FWIW I actually have approached illmotion in person with a car I thought would be a good feature (not mine as djayz would believe).

What don't you get about me not finding these cars in the industry, or me not hating on cars because I don't agree with the mods? I'm in school 8 months of the year for engineering lol none of the cars I'm talking about are European. Also, I've never offered my car for an illmotion feature or any other feature :thumbsup: It's not show worthy.

My friends failed to show? Funny, I saw several cars showing there that I've had my hands on personally. Also funny how you brag about the show and shine bringing out a wide variety of great cars, and yet there are &quot;so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different.&quot;

BTW the colors were picked to help identify the cars while racing. As for why specifically red/blue/green, who knows. It's a lot easier to tell cars apart by wheel color than racing number. It started that way, and that's why it is. You know, that whole &quot;tradition&quot; thing.

I don't recall you bringing a car forward to feature on our site. Mind messaging me on facebook with info to jog my memory?

Also what cars did you have a hand in making at the show? I would like to know because I'm interested. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to look in detail at all the cars but it would be great to see what's out there. If you prefer you may message me about these too to keep it private.

As for colors go...it's tradition for porsche sure, but why can't it carry over to other makes and models. Who knows maybe it will be tradition 50 years down the road for all cars to have colored wheels to identify their make?

OriginalGoods
09-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Lol I love how I pm'd 88crx asking if I can get my rex into the sunday school car show. He tells me they are full to the brim , but I should still come and get some swag. I went to meet my brother at autodream with everyone. I ended up running in there booth . Looking around at all the empty spots. Haha ill never forget that, its funny how autodream didn't get no love. Garage box and illmotion with there stickers took the cake . True builds , that have been done by the owner of the car gets over looked. All I got to say is , how's that constant dent in your pocket from shop rate ?

What I noticed about these 2 groups of people that show off there cars , is there is no ORIGINALITY. Also to the bike that pulled up to me at the light on barlow and 27th heading north, your a idiot. Almost dropped your bike and took off like a drunk banshee couldn't keep the bike straight , guess what was on the left faring from what I could see stopped at the light. A big garage box decal hahahahah.

OriginalGoods
09-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I am waiting for the day when I see them rocking hood pins with lanyards. Haha

djayz
09-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by OriginalGoods
Lol I love how I pm'd 88crx asking if I can get my rex into the sunday school car show. He tells me they are full to the brim , but I should still come and get some swag. I went to meet my brother at autodream with everyone. I ended up running in there booth . Looking around at all the empty spots. Haha ill never forget that, its funny how autodream didn't get no love. Garage box and illmotion with there stickers took the cake . True builds , that have been done by the owner of the car gets over looked. All I got to say is , how's that constant dent in your pocket from shop rate ?

What I noticed about these 2 groups of people that show off there cars , is there is no ORIGINALITY. Also to the bike that pulled up to me at the light on barlow and 27th heading north, your a idiot. Almost dropped your bike and took off like a drunk banshee couldn't keep the bike straight , guess what was on the left faring from what I could see stopped at the light. A big garage box decal hahahahah.

If you had registered on the site on time it would have been a non issue. We had an over whelming response and had to turn down a lot of people because we had filled up every spot in the lot. Unfortunately due to personal matters many people were unable to make it day of and we were informed of such. We let people roll in day of to fill the remaining spots but I guess not everyone wanted in?

Needless to say next time talk to your brother at Autodream and rep with them. Show your support for the shops instead of putting down a group of guys trying to bring it all together.

djayz
09-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Also to the bike that pulled up to me at the light on barlow and 27th heading north, your a idiot. Almost dropped your bike and took off like a drunk banshee couldn't keep the bike straight , guess what was on the left faring from what I could see stopped at the light. A big garage box decal hahahahah.

Bikes are usually faster then cars...too bad you couldn't keep up :D

max_boost
09-07-2011, 12:20 AM

Funny, because I think builds like yours are largely responsible for the lack of scene that we currently enjoy. Call me a hater all you want... because you're right. I hate that illmotion cheapens the hard work and true commitment that goes into any worthwhile build.

I disagree with this statement.

I think illMotion has done a great job in doing their part to promote the scene.

962kid, you are more than welcome to build a site, promote it and showcase all these other cars the rest of us are unaware of it. :thumbsup:

5fivespeed
09-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Garage box and illmotion with there stickers took the cake . True builds , that have been done by the owner of the car gets over looked. All I got to say is , how's that constant dent in your pocket from shop rate ?

You're joking right? No originiality? It's unfortunate your car didn't make it into the show and shine, and that your ego is way to high to just understand that cars were prebooked in, like Djayz said - some people couldn't make it. It's that simple - sorry your car didn't come in on time, maybe you should have pre-booked it like the rest of us.

As for cars being not original - I would LOVE to see pictures of your car - be sure to post them up here so we can see how you back up your originality. I hate to be a hater towards you, but you need to really prethink prior to talking. You think Garagebox was around 4 years ago when I started tuning my ride?

No.

But you know what they are now and that's where my ride goes. Not to mention, illmotion has and started boosting Calgarys car scene. Just like Speedhunters - illmotion made a mark for Calgary. No one knew about our car scene until illmotion was made. Sure, word of mouth is impressive too - illmotions now known world wide. Calgary is on the map more now than before. I'm sorry you felt so offended, your car wasn't registered in on Show and Shine but that's life, it's like tickets to a movie - go late and you aren't getting in.

I'm disgusted at your lack of respect for anyone in the car community looking to better it. Especially toward illmotion and Garagebox. I work at Garagebox - so that being said, I'll always stand up for the place that employs me. To be brutually honest, if you ever met any of the crew from GB, or know how many man hours are gone into rides - you'd really rethink yourself. We're not jerks, we're not over ego-inflated douchebags. We're tuners. We're people who envision what you do and help you acheieve that goal. At least we dedicate a huge part of our lives to pushing a scene that is so minsicule in Calgary.

Garagebox didn't build every single car in Calgary - but we had a huge play in making alot of them to what they are. Not only being one of the VERY few tuning shops around, we still shoot to keep the scene alive. We've built, helped and assisted SO MANY builds, cars and people in Calgary to make this scene stay alive.

There's so much hate on illmotion, but you know what - they've made cars, done features and supported the scene. How many of you run a website, store and produce retail for the tuner scene with your own time. It's an unpaid job. Not to mention proceeds ALL go to charity.

Again, pictures of your car. Thanks.

It's unfortunate that so many have a hate on this scene, but at the same time - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect that, however I won't respect a person running their mouth over someone elses hard work.

Also, just for anyones information - illmotion, Autodream, Speedoptions... every tuner shop in Calgary - we bring the scene alive. We don't compete with each other as shops - but we help one another together, disregarding businesses. If shops, who run the same style of business can get along and work together - why can't so many of you, only haters bring the scene down.

max_boost
09-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by 5fivespeed

There's so much hate on illmotion, but you know what - they've made cars, done features and supported the scene. How many of you run a website, store and produce retail for the tuner scene with your own time. It's an unpaid job. Not to mention proceeds ALL go to charity.

Full of win.

:werd:

5fivespeed
09-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Full of win.

:werd:

This being said - anyone who knocks on illmotion - http://www.illmotion.com/2011/08/im-seva-canada-donation.html

Take $1215.00 and donate it out of your pocket to an organization. At least the money goes to the less fortunate from the car tuning scene. At least they are donating money to a good cause and still supporting the tuner scene. All I see is certain people behind their keyboards typing too much hate, and still not seeing the bigger picture.

Hold on a minute, I know who you are now:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/crxboi2/100_1388.jpg

Isn't this you? It's funny you're knocking on illmotion but I remember seeing your car in Autodreams spot at the show.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242505

Nothing on your car speaks originality either, not saying mine does - but don't hate.

BananaFob
09-07-2011, 12:47 AM

This being said - anyone who knocks on illmotion - http://www.illmotion.com/2011/08/im-seva-canada-donation.html

Take $1215.00 and donate it out of your pocket to an organization. At least the money goes to the less fortunate from the car tuning scene.

Shit son. I better bust out that cheque book for not liking how illmotion is moving that scene forward.

Moving back to the point of this thread. I'm the first to admit I'm a huge ricer, or at the very least feel like one, and I'm definitely open to criticism for the cars I drive. I berate myself every day for looking like a giant douche attempting to climb out of the FD while wearing a full suit and creasing my dress shoes on the clutch. The point is, by almost every common definition of rice, many(not every) of the cars featured or owned by the illmotion guys are rice. It's just funny how some of them will admit to it being rice and others here are defending how it isn't. Just admit it and move on.

M.alex
09-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Let's see...

retarded hovercraft camber? check
retarded colored wheels (disregard if you have a gt3 RS) check
park bench spoiler? check
ssqv venting to atmosphere on a maf car? check

I haz park bench wider than the car ..... why you hate on me :(

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/more1.jpg

Team_Mclaren
09-07-2011, 12:50 AM

The point is, by almost every common definition of rice, many(not every) of the cars featured or owned by the illmotion guys are rice. It's just funny how some of them will admit to it being rice and others here are defending how it isn't. Just admit it and move on.

THIS. /hate from me

BananaFob
09-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

I haz park bench wider than the car ..... why you hate on me :(

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/more1.jpg

BECAUSE RACE CAR.

gyu
09-07-2011, 12:51 AM
^what car is that?

M.alex
09-07-2011, 12:55 AM

BECAUSE RACE CAR.

Your logic is....immaculate.

I salute you good sir :burnout:

Originally posted by gyu
^what car is that?

1994 civic EX with aero bodykit?

gpomp
09-07-2011, 12:59 AM
too much hate for me :nut:

5fivespeed
09-07-2011, 01:03 AM

Shit son. I better bust out that cheque book for not liking how illmotion is moving that scene forward.

Moving back to the point of this thread. I'm the first to admit I'm a huge ricer, or at the very least feel like one, and I'm definitely open to criticism for the cars I drive. I berate myself every day for looking like a giant douche attempting to climb out of the FD while wearing a full suit and creasing my dress shoes on the clutch. The point is, by almost every common definition of rice, many(not every) of the cars featured or owned by the illmotion guys are rice. It's just funny how some of them will admit to it being rice and others here are defending how it isn't. Just admit it and move on.

I guess I'm a ricer too. It's the scene - 10 years ago, big wings, altezza's, fart cans.

My 86' - typical. Kouki Bumpers, Konig Rewinds. Exact same look so many people rock. I'm rice too.

EK 2.0
09-07-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm not going to post to defend one side or another...how you all choose to read this response is up to you all...

While we all have our own definitions of "rice"...whatever they may be...please keep in mind that every single one of you have gone through the phases of what you call rice.

All the "baller builds"...or internet sensations that we all drool and ogle over all came from the days of fart cans, and various stickers and decals. so what you are all hating on you all were at one point in time...

streethondas
09-07-2011, 01:50 AM
didnt originalgoods get ban for racing someone else last year?.....nice words Ray! Garage box n illmotion has definitely played a huge role in calgary! Keep up the good work illmotion crew!!! :clap:

5fivespeed
09-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I'm not going to post to defend one side or another...how you all choose to read this response is up to you all...

While we all have our own definitions of &quot;rice&quot;...whatever they may be...please keep in mind that every single one of you have gone through the phases of what you call rice.

All the &quot;baller builds&quot;...or internet sensations that we all drool and ogle over all came from the days of fart cans, and various stickers and decals. so what you are all hating on you all were at one point in time...

Quoted for truth. You said it perfectly Arif. We all started somewhere.

Redlyne_mr2
09-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Calgary biggest ricer checking in.

syritis
09-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Let's see...

retarded hovercraft camber?
retarded colored wheels (disregard if you have a gt3 RS)
park bench spoiler?
ssqv venting to atmosphere on a maf car?

check
check
check

still i wouldn't call these rice

http://ww2.dmccdrift.com/files/MBP_1186.jpg

Davex
09-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Or this http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6181/6118359284_256f5b9b02_b.jpg

euro_racer
09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
To me a ricer is someone who does not know any better and/or is just starting out modding their car for the first time, they see cars like illmotion cars (not exactly rice), pick out obvious mods and hit up Canadian tire/eBay etc as a easy solution and do obvious mods like exhaust, seat covers, R stickers, hub caps, wings etc. And then flaunt it like it's hella tight yo! But do not realize that it is just not the same thing... That to me has more or less always been the definition of ricer. And like EK 2.0 pointed out, at some point more or less, we all have been there. In a sense a ricer is the infancy stage of tuner, it just takes some people more time to develop

This thread clearly went from discussion of true ricers to bashing of groups who happen to disagree with each other due to personal taste, not relevant at all IMO.

I am not part of illmotion and I am not defending them but, I do give them credit of keeping the show scene in Calgary alive. If it wasnt for them, the only other car event happening in our community is race city, what happens when that is gone? Their show and shine was pretty impressive and it was the only show we have had all year! Love em or hate em, they did something right IMO

n1zm0
09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by snow_daniel

Only BB S2ks are rice? not other color?
Reason I ask, YES I had a BB S2k LOL

no, cause its OP's 'what i drive', just jokes making fun of his/her trivial thread

snow_daniel
09-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

no, cause its OP's 'what i drive', just jokes making fun of his/her trivial thread
LOL:thumbsup:
However with all the listing that people bring up...I think I am a ricer as well :nut:

davesparky6
09-07-2011, 01:21 PM

R-Audi
09-07-2011, 01:55 PM
People are sure getting worked up on personal tastes...

While I may not agree or like every mod and picture posted, its not mine and I dont have to see it every day... and I leave it at that. At the same time, if you post pictures you have to be ok with any criticism that will come along with it.

As for illmotion, I commend them for the work they have put into everything (show, site etc) even though some of it may not be my cup of tea. If anything, I'd like to see a wider variety of cars spotlighted instead of the seemingly same group of friends cars we see everywhere.
Then again its their site, and they can do as they please.. and I'm ok with that.

JZS_147
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I have to agree with 962 kid on some things....

A website that's featuring a bunch of cars that are all about who has the biggest wings and coolest color wheels, then claiming to be the biggest representative to the Calgary car scene....well it's a little bit embarrassing. We really want people to think that we're a city full of ricers? I can see how it's a bit insulting to guys who build actual full function race cars, and high hp serious street machines...I can understand this because I am one of those people.

Now on the contrary, Illmotions intentions are good. They want to support and help grow our scene, which is cool and all, but featuring some actual serious cars is what I would like to see.

OriginalGoods
09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
lol bring the scene down , i have been in it before you put on your first pair of race shoes ahah. Dont worry daddy will teach you something with in this post.

i see the same cars every car show or event or wherever.

i am almost sure i was the first to rock hot pink valve cover. now everyone and they boy dog has a collar that is pink.

take a long gander at this picture from sunday school because this is what sets me and most apart from the usual for function/form/reliability/abuse given to the car = enjoyment/adrenalin for a return that turns into a smile .

sorry doesnt mean shit about me not coming in on time or anything i was at maxbell with everyone by 11. pulled in and so much space everywhere . he turned down one tuner on line. what about the rest?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/crxboi2/340922_10150777039960599_678365598_20696016_4714067_o.jpg

6o9dXLNuXic

You're joking right? No originiality? It's unfortunate your car didn't make it into the show and shine, and that your ego is way to high to just understand that cars were prebooked in, like Djayz said - some people couldn't make it. It's that simple - sorry your car didn't come in on time, maybe you should have pre-booked it like the rest of us.

As for cars being not original - I would LOVE to see pictures of your car - be sure to post them up here so we can see how you back up your originality. I hate to be a hater towards you, but you need to really prethink prior to talking. You think Garagebox was around 4 years ago when I started tuning my ride?

No.

But you know what they are now and that's where my ride goes. Not to mention, illmotion has and started boosting Calgarys car scene. Just like Speedhunters - illmotion made a mark for Calgary. No one knew about our car scene until illmotion was made. Sure, word of mouth is impressive too - illmotions now known world wide. Calgary is on the map more now than before. I'm sorry you felt so offended, your car wasn't registered in on Show and Shine but that's life, it's like tickets to a movie - go late and you aren't getting in.

I'm disgusted at your lack of respect for anyone in the car community looking to better it. Especially toward illmotion and Garagebox. I work at Garagebox - so that being said, I'll always stand up for the place that employs me. To be brutually honest, if you ever met any of the crew from GB, or know how many man hours are gone into rides - you'd really rethink yourself. We're not jerks, we're not over ego-inflated douchebags. We're tuners. We're people who envision what you do and help you acheieve that goal. At least we dedicate a huge part of our lives to pushing a scene that is so minsicule in Calgary.

Garagebox didn't build every single car in Calgary - but we had a huge play in making alot of them to what they are. Not only being one of the VERY few tuning shops around, we still shoot to keep the scene alive. We've built, helped and assisted SO MANY builds, cars and people in Calgary to make this scene stay alive.

Again, pictures of your car. Thanks.

It's unfortunate that so many have a hate on this scene, but at the same time - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I respect that, however I won't respect a person running their mouth over someone elses hard work.

Also, just for anyones information - illmotion, Autodream, Speedoptions... every tuner shop in Calgary - we bring the scene alive. We don't compete with each other as shops - but we help one another together, disregarding businesses. If shops, who run the same style of business can get along and work together - why can't so many of you, only haters bring the scene down.

5fivespeed
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
lol bring the scene down , i have been in it before you put on your first pair of race shoes ahah. Dont worry daddy will teach you something with in this post.

i am almost sure i was the first to rock hot pink valve cover. now everyone and they boy dog has a collar that is pink.

take a long gander at this picture from sunday school because this is what sets me and most apart from the usual for function/form/reliability/abuse given to the car = enjoyment/adrenalin for a return that turns into a smile .

sorry doesnt mean shit about me not coming in on time or anything i was at maxbell with everyone by 11. pulled in and so much space everywhere . he turned down one tuner on line. what about the rest?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/crxboi2/340922_10150777039960599_678365598_20696016_4714067_o.jpg

6o9dXLNuXic

You're only a year older than me, so cool story bro. I haven't seen your car at any track days either - so race shoes? I've been in them and tracked my car. Quarter mile and track. Everyone says they're first to rock this, rock that? Am I the first to retrofit a set of tweeters into an AE86 mirror panel? Nope. Do I care? Nope.

This is the scene. It's set off as unique. You tell me what you would want - A stock CRX, or what you have now. That's what tuners are, and for you to speak volumes about originality, and how so many people aren't original - think different.

Your car, Flat black - CF Hood, lowered on a set of rims. Like I said, the only difference from your car and another CRX - the wheels on the other side of the car. That's about it. To anyone, you just put rims on it and lowered it. Sure - engine's all fancy but in actuality - in your eyes that's your unique, tastefully modded car. Would you feel offended if I said it wasn't anything special when you know you put hours, blood, sweat and tears into it?

Yes you would. So knocking anyone's car for "originality" is BS. Bottom line is, your whining because illMotion didn't get you a spot in a show that was preregistered as indicated on their website. So really, stop whining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

Joe-G
09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
http://isert.net/gif/popcorn.gif

Seikencube
09-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G
http://isert.net/gif/popcorn.gif

:rofl:

OriginalGoods
09-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry I can't hear you over my vtec in this chicaine on the freeway haha.

Sentry
09-07-2011, 07:08 PM
You B series guys are so serious. :rofl:

Skyline.addict
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Spoilers on FWD = automatic rice

beyond_ban
09-07-2011, 07:31 PM
^ why? FWD aren't allowed to produce downforce?

Do you consider cf hoods rice too?

djayz
09-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147
I have to agree with 962 kid on some things....

A website that's featuring a bunch of cars that are all about who has the biggest wings and coolest color wheels, then claiming to be the biggest representative to the Calgary car scene....well it's a little bit embarrassing. We really want people to think that we're a city full of ricers? I can see how it's a bit insulting to guys who build actual full function race cars, and high hp serious street machines...I can understand this because I am one of those people.

Now on the contrary, Illmotions intentions are good. They want to support and help grow our scene, which is cool and all, but featuring some actual serious cars is what I would like to see.

You have to realize that we only see what we see. If you have builds going on in a garage that never come out there is no way for us to know about it, nevermind feature it.

We do our best to feature cars that have had the time put in for all aspects of a car not just ridiculous under hood builds that look like they are falling apart on the outside. And in all honesty if you saw a car that put down a shit load of HP because of what it had internally on an engine but the outside was rusted to shit with bumpers falling off, would you look at the pictures we post on our site? Likely not.

First off, the reason you see the same cars every time is because those are the same people that put in the effort to come out to events and support the scene. For the guys that have these secret builds going on that never see the light of day, great! We appreciate what you're doing but if you can't make an effort to bring out a car or even share with the community what you're doing then how do you expect the scene to grow?
I'll give you a great example of those who want to drive the scene forward. On our show and shine day there were a few people who trailered in vehicles that were crazy builds, why? Because they wanted to share what they had worked on regardless if it was done or not.

Roll in did not start until 12 so showing up at 11 is like showing up to a drive-in movie at 2 when it doesn't start until 10, the lot is obviously going to be empty :rolleyes:

And by the looks of it your car was parked in the show so why are you even complaining? You think you were the only one that was turned down due to space constraints. Next time you want to show off your car register like all 250+ cars did. If you can't read simple rules...well too bad.

Team_Mclaren
09-08-2011, 12:13 AM

get real buddy theres nothing special about your car either. To each to his own but fuck dont talk like you are some big time tuner from years ago.. blah blah blah. you cant even keep your orginial account from getting banned. Aint you that fucking idiot i banned for driving like a Dbag at the meet too?

narou
09-08-2011, 12:16 AM
This thread is full of win. We need a like button.

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/0/1/8/4/captain-picard-full-of-win.jpg