PDA

View Full Version : Compustar starter re-progamming

chengj
09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
My wife bought her car used and it came with a compustar remote starter. Sorry if these are idiot questions, as I don't know much about these things. Here are a few things odd about the car, that I believe are coming from the remote starter unit.

1. It auto-relocks every 30 seconds.
2. The alarm goes off whenever you open the trunk. (A loud 1 sec burst). Pretty annoying when you have a hand full of groceries, are trying to unlock the trunk and it blasts in your ear.

I tried looking through the manual for the unit, but wasn't clear on how these things are programmed. Do I need to take it into a shop or buy a separate "programming unit"? Can anyone confirm that these two issues are or are not caused by the unit?

I believe the base unit (I found it installed by the steering column is a Compustar model CM4200DX and the Remote model is 1WFM4R.

Disoblige
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
For trunk release, it should make it same sound as if you unlocked the doors. I'm not sure why you are getting that problem.

In terms of the auto-relocks, look at the remote to see if it says "Auto" on there somewhere. It may be on, and it might be flashing. If so, then hold onto the unlock button (for example: I) until you do not see the "Auto" symbol anymore.

Rarasaurus
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
The auto lock is compustar passive mode and can be turned off. I think if you hold button 2 and 3 at the same time it will turn on and off.