PDA

View Full Version : Having issues using firefox -proxy server

LUDELVR
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
So I'm pretty sure I've got enough viruses to kill an entire country on my laptop and now I'm having issues with using firefox. Everytime I try to go anywhere it has a prompt with an exclamation mark and reads: the proxy server is refusing connections. I know wifi is working because I'm using it with my phone but nothing with my laptop.

Seth1968
09-06-2011, 08:49 PM
First, clear the proxy in IE. Open IE, go Tools-->Internet Options-->Connections-->Lan Settings. If anything is checked in that window, uncheck it and hit OK.

Now clear the FF proxy. Open FF, go to Tools-->Options-->Network-->Settings. The only selection that should have a dot is "No Proxy".

LUDELVR
09-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968
First, clear the proxy in IE. Open IE, go Tools-->Internet Options-->Connections-->Lan Settings. If anything is checked in that window, uncheck it and hit OK.

Now clear the FF proxy. Open FF, go to Tools-->Options-->Network-->Settings. The only selection that should have a dot is "No Proxy".

That's grand mate! Worked like a charm.

Cheers for that! :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

The firefox worked! On a different note my internet explorer is stuffed too. Every time I attempt to open it, it asks me what program I want to use and when I click the IE icon, it opens up a folder with my desktop and I can't get into the browser.

It does the same for firefox but when I click the firefox icon it opens, but not with the explorer. :dunno:

Seth1968
09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
You're welcome.

If you haven't already, I suggest you run:

MalwareBytes
SuperAntiSpyware
Eset Online Scan.

Seth1968
09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Run this .exe fix before running the programs I suggested (it will fix the programs not opening issue)

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_FixEXEfile.com