PDA

View Full Version : Carter IV vs Watch the Throne vs RED Album

BeyondNewB
09-07-2011, 07:37 AM
So the unofficial numbers came out and carter sold over a million copies.. almost 3X more than watch the thrown (jayz and kayne)

Now people saying that young money is buying copies, no way that carter could have sold that much. Overall I think the Game's album is much better than both of these.

side note: Why does Jayz get so much hype? I think he's a terrible rapper. Is it because he's from NYC?

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't think Jay-Z is a terrible rapper but I agree I don't know why he gets so much hype, Kanye IMO is miles ahead of Jay-Z when it comes to rapping.

I would say the RED Album is my favorite of the 3 but not far ahead of watch the thrown. I honestly can't stand Wayne anymore he is pretty bad.

hurrdurr
09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I don't see why people like Wayne.

I don't mind him so much has a featuring Artist, but his solo shit is rough.

turbotrip
09-07-2011, 08:54 AM
watch the throne :thumbsdow , both of them are terrible

BeyondNewB
09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
In one light Wayne says

"Real G's move in silence like Lasagna" I always wondered what that meant untill the other day

The "g" in Lasagna is silent

Marsh
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Red Album is very good, The Game always makes good albums. watch the throne could have been way better, I would say pretty weak considering the collaboration. Weezy is just pumping out crap lately, carter 4 isnt good

taemo
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
about Wayne.. I hate his How to Love song.
is he even singing? every time I hear it, I immediately change radio station. how can people like this crap:banghead:

Mar
09-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Wow, you guys need to learn the roots of hip hop, these guys define rap.

JfuckinC
09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Mar

So that just makes their new shit automatically good? Watch the throne is shit lol...

hurrdurr
09-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Wayne defines Rap hey?

:facepalm:

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Mar

LMAO...Wayne defines rap?

I can see how Jay-Z can be argued for that but Kanye, Wayne and Game def. can't.

I don't see the appeal with Jay-Z his recent albums haven't been that great IMO. Watch the Throne should have came out being a classic but instead its a decent album, nothing great. Go listen to the Jay-Z Big L freestyle, if jay-z spit like that all the time he would be one of my favorite rappers but unfortunately he doesn't.

slick2404
09-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Didn't really fall in love with any of them, but IMO:
RED > Carter 4 > Watch the Throne.

I think Ace Hood & Big Seans albums were the best this summer. Khaled did well, minus all the 'we da best' nonsense

Mar
09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
So that just makes their new shit automatically good? Watch the throne is shit lol...
No, it's the development of a hip hop mogul at work, have you taken the time to research the background on this album? The beat for Otis was taken directly from Otis Redding's tune Try A Little Tenderness. It's such a soulful song. Sure it's not the same as the latest radio song but their ability to take such a soulful tune, modernize it and rap over it is amazing, I give a lot of respect for the end product they produced. The Power remix with the Got The Power sample from Snap! back in the nineties is sick. Listen to the lyrics on some of these songs and really get an appreciation for them and what these guys are trying to say. Don't just flip the channel to Katy Perry.

Rap and hip hop is about flow, how you match the rhymes to the beat and the complexity of the rhyme. It's easy to let the rhymes fall on the bars of the song but a good rapper can speed it up or slow it down and mix multi-syllable sounds or even partial syllable.

Rhyming is the essence of hip hop, Dr. Dre and most west coast music I hear now is all about the beat and production of the song while not putting enough emphasis on the lyrics and content of the music. The best rappers out there are probably ones you've never heard of, Talib Kwali, Nas, Rakim and a few I can't remember right now. Guess who writes the songs for the big names like Dr. Dre..........the same guys I just mentioned. You can even hear Jay-Z make reference to the great ones in lyrics like, "In my prime so for that time I'm Rakim." The reason you don't hear about them is because they don't have the production behind them and they're not all over the radio, they focus more on the flow and content which makes them a technically better rapper.

Now the reason Jay-Z is so good is because his rhymes are craziness, full of metaphors and syllables and he understands how to mesh together the soliloquys with the bars and his delivery can make your head spin. And not only that, Jay-Z has never written anything down, he makes shit up in his head as he goes and then records it first take.......that is why he's considered so great. Eminem doesn't even do that and he's sold almost 100 million albums.

Now on to Lil' Wayne, the reason he's considered so great is because Jay-Z is putting so much emphasis on people to watch him, he keeps saying Wayne is going to be the next big one, even in his song A Star Is Born, Jay-Z says, "Wayne's scorching, I'll applaud him. If he keep going, pass the torch to him." But why is Jay-Z doing this? Wayne wanted to stop writing his rhymes and be like Jay-Z, just freestyle off the top of his head so one day he went into the booth and recorded every lyric he's ever written down in one long session. You can even hear him ripping the pages out of his book and crumpling them up as he goes. From that point forward, Wayne did the same as Jay, he just raps freestyle and records it to a beat, not many people are good enough to do that. Wayne is very, very good. And it helps they both have the last name Carter.

On to The Game, he doesn't quite have the talent the others do but he's getting there. He grew up around Dre back in the day in Compton so he grew up in the game. One night he answered his door to a dope sale and got shot execution style in his living room. Somehow he survived after being in a coma and told his friend to go out and buy all the classic rap albums so he can learn how to do it. He lied in his hospital bed listening to Chronic, Doggystyle, Blueprint and all the other albums and basically learned how it's done. He got out of bed, went into the booth and blew up. Puff kind of discovered him but Dre snuck in and signed him before Puff could get anything on paper.

Again, if you don't like these guys, you don't like rap. I also suggest you pick up Jay-Z's book titled Decoded, it explains a lot about his lyrics and what they mean. As a poet I've been published multiple times and to see some of the things these guys write, it gives me shivers it's that good.

Originally posted by hurrdurr
Wayne defines Rap hey?:facepalm:
yes

Originally posted by Type_S1
LMAO...Wayne defines rap?
yes

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Mar

No, it's the development of a hip hop mogul at work, have you taken the time to research the background on this album? The beat for Otis was taken directly from Otis Redding's tune It's Too Late. It's such a soulful song. Sure it's not the same as the latest radio song but their ability to take such a soulful tune, modernize it and rap over it is amazing, I give a lot of respect for the end product they produced. The Power remix with the Got The Power sample from Snap! back in the nineties is sick. Listen to the lyrics on some of these songs and really get an appreciation for them and what these guys are trying to say. Don't just flip the channel to Katy Perry.

Rap and hip hop is about flow, how you match the rhymes to the beat and the complexity of the rhyme. It's easy to let the rhymes fall on the bars of the song but a good rapper can speed it up or slow it down and mix multi-syllable sounds or even partial syllable.

Rhyming is the essence of hip hop, Dr. Dre and most west coast music I hear now is all about the beat and production of the song while not putting enough emphasis on the lyrics and content of the music. The best rappers out there are probably ones you've never heard of, Talib Kwali, Nas, Rakim and a few I can't remember right now. Guess who writes the songs for the big names like Dr. Dre..........the same guys I just mentioned. You can even hear Jay-Z make reference to the great ones in lyrics like, "In my prime so for that time I'm Rakim." The reason you don't hear about them is because they don't have the production behind them and they're not all over the radio, they focus more on the flow and content which makes them a technically better rapper.

Now the reason Jay-Z is so good is because his rhymes are craziness, full of metaphors and syllables and he understands how to mesh together the soliloquys with the bars and his delivery can make your head spin. And not only that, Jay-Z has never written anything down, he makes shit up in his head as he goes and then records it first take.......that is why he's considered so great. Eminem doesn't even do that and he's sold almost 100 million albums.

Now on to Lil' Wayne, the reason he's considered so great is because Jay-Z is putting so much emphasis on people to watch him, he keeps saying Wayne is going to be the next big one, even in his song A Star Is Born, Jay-Z says, "Wayne's scorching, I'll applaud him. If he keep going, pass the torch to him." But why is Jay-Z doing this? Wayne wanted to stop writing his rhymes and be like Jay-Z, just freestyle off the top of his head so one day he went into the booth and recorded every lyric he's ever written down in one long session. You can even hear him ripping the pages out of his book and crumpling them up as he goes. From that point forward, Wayne did the same as Jay, he just raps freestyle and records it to a beat, not many people are good enough to do that. Wayne is very, very good. And it helps they both have the last name Carter.

On to The Game, he doesn't quite have the talent the others do but he's getting there. He grew up around Dre back in the day in Compton so he grew up in the game. One night he answered his door to a dope sale and got shot execution style in his living room. Somehow he survived after being in a coma and told his friend to go out and buy all the classic rap albums so he can learn how to do it. He lied in his hospital bed listening to Chronic, Doggystyle, Blueprint and all the other albums and basically learned how it's done. He got out of bed, went into the booth and blew up. Puff kind of discovered him but Dre snuck in and signed him before Puff could get anything on paper.

Again, if you don't like these guys, you don't like rap. I also suggest you pick up Jay-Z's book titled Decoded, it explains a lot about his lyrics and what they mean. As a poet I've been published multiple times and to see some of the things these guys write, it gives me shivers it's that good.

yes

yes

That was a long blown out paragraph that explained nothing but your opinion. You assume because people don't like Jay-Z they automatically don't know good hip-hop and rap? Are you kidding me. Rap is 60% lyrics to me 40% flow. Jay has some good lyrics but to me I don't like him that much.

So your saying because he apparantly "freestyles" everything he is a better rapper then others? I think Eminem is way above Jay-Z when it comes to lyrical ability, wordplay and flowing on a record. Once again this is opinion but I can gaurantee a lot of people would agree. You mention greats but you forget to mention Tupac, Biggie and Big L....LOL is all I can say. Tupac was the epitome of a poet on a track. Jay-Z once again is okay compared to this. I'm not saying he is bad but in my eyes he isn't even in my top 5.

I honestly cannot have a conversation with someone who thinks little wayne "defines" rap hahahahahaha....

1.Tupac
2. Biggie
3. Eminem
4. Nas
5. Big L ---> people dont give him enough respect because he died so young
6. Rakim
Snoop Dog/KRS ONE/DR.DRE/Jay-Z/Outkast all are awesome so fall wherever after them, don't have an order.

beecue
09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
:rofl: Lil Wayne defines shit. He's good at freestyling nonsense with his stupid fucking lyrics. :rolleyes:

Mar
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM

That was a long blown out paragraph that explained nothing but your opinion. You assume because people don't like Jay-Z they automatically don't know good hip-hop and rap? Are you kidding me. Rap is 60% lyrics to me 40% flow. Jay has some good lyrics but to me I don't like him that much.

So your saying because he apparantly "freestyles" everything he is a better rapper then others? I think Eminem is way above Jay-Z when it comes to lyrical ability, wordplay and flowing on a record. Once again this is opinion but I can gaurantee a lot of people would agree. You mention greats but you forget to mention Tupac, Biggie and Big L....LOL is all I can say. Tupac was the epitome of a poet on a track. Jay-Z once again is okay compared to this. I'm not saying he is bad but in my eyes he isn't even in my top 5.

I honestly cannot have a conversation with someone who thinks little wayne "defines" rap hahahahahaha....

1.Tupac
2. Biggie
3. Eminem
4. Nas
6. Rakim
Snoop Dog/KRS ONE/DR.DRE/Jay-Z/Outkast all are awesome so fall wherever after them, don't have an order.

My opinion? I stated nothing but fact and even quoted lyrics from songs along with material from Wikipedia. I don't see any opinion in there at all.

I think you're misunderstanding the point I'm trying to get across, I'm not saying you must like him or everything else sucks, people like a lot of different artists and that's cool but you have to admit that he's one of the greatest rappers out there for the reasons I mentioned. I don't like Talib but I can still say he's one of the greatest today, even though I don't like him that much.

I didn't forget Tupac, I've read biography after biography of this guy, I've got a bunch of books and all his albums, he is a great. However the game is so much different now than it was then, that's why I didn't mention Big Daddy Kane, Big Pun, Run DMC, The Roots, it's all a different game now. You can't compare Big Daddy Kane to anyone alive today, it won't work.

I don't disagree about Big L, he was pretty sick.

CMW403
09-07-2011, 11:55 AM

1.Tupac
2. Biggie
3. Eminem
4. Nas
6. Rakim

This guy knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Mar
09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

He didn't even mention Kwali. :dunno:

Chester
09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
"Lil Wayne defines rap":rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't forget Guru for the list mentioned above.

turbotrip
09-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

Not if he didnt mention Ice Cube he doesnt

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Mar

He didn't even mention Kwali. :dunno:

I think everyone I mentioned is a better rapper but you could throw Kweli and Kanye in with the list at the bottom for top 10 contention...:dunno: Most people don't agree on the Kanye comment but I personally love the guys music, his flows and his lyrical abilities *Flamesuit on*

Edit: I would probably add Lupe into the mix...that guy is insane the way he comes on tracks.

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I beg to differ on your comment as well about just "facts"....

Originally posted by Mar

Don't just flip the channel to Katy Perry.

Rhyming is the essence of hip hop, Dr. Dre and most west coast music I hear now is all about the beat and production of the song while not putting enough emphasis on the lyrics and content of the music.

The best rappers out there are probably ones you've never heard of, Talib Kwali, Nas, Rakim and a few I can't remember right now.

Guess who writes the songs for the big names like Dr. Dre..........the same guys I just mentioned.

You can even hear Jay-Z make reference to the great ones in lyrics like, "In my prime so for that time I'm Rakim." The reason you don't hear about them is because they don't have the production behind them and they're not all over the radio, they focus more on the flow and content which makes them a technically better rapper.

Your saying someone who doesn't like your taste in music likes Katty Perry...Opinion.

Your saying people from the west coast are all about production and beat...opinion. Dre's album, if it comes out, will probably have some insane lyrical content.

You assume he does not know any of the rappers you listed ...opinion.

Dr. Dre has been rapping since a teenager...I think he can put together his own song without a ghost writer...once again, your opinion or lack of knowledge when it comes to Dr. Dre saying he doesn't write any of his own shit.

What does it matter who Jay-Z references? Does that make them great? That's his opinion which your following apparantly...on top of that you say its the production quality that lacks them hitting the commercial market. Once again, a flawed opinion...the reason guys like that don't play on the radio is because they are true rappers/hiphop artists...they do not have mass appeal to your everyday radio listner...it doesn't mean they don't have great beats to rap to.

Who considers Wayne so great? That's once again your opinion...most people(critics) consider Wayne over-rated but admit he sells a hell of a lot of albums. It's your opinion people watch him because Jay-Z drops a line about him...Jay-Z's line was that he was blowing up, not that he was the best rapper around...and you think Jay would still say that about wayne today after the constant garbage he has put out since the carter 3?...doubt it. Everyone knows Wayne went and recorded everything he ever wrote down...what does that matter. Being able to spit off the top of your head makes you an amazing freestyler not a better rapper then the guy writing stuff down next to you...once again, your opinion. What does the last name Carter have anything to do with Wayne being good? Once again...your opinion...and a pretty ridiculous statement.

Now about the Game...doesn't have the talent others do? Once again, your OPINION. Now about your background story with him...why does that matter? I see no other way for it to be relevant other then he is rapping about life experiences and can talk about slanging and killing where Wayne on the other hand, people argue, never lived that lifestyle.

You don't like these guys you don't like rap? Once again...your OPINION. I could care less if your a "published poet" it doesn't mean your any more qulaified to say how amazing someone's word play is or who flows better on a track.

You asked what was your opinion...almost everything you said was your opinion.

GQNammer
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Watch the Throne>R.E.D>Carter IV

My opinion of course.

I just enjoy the lyrics on Watch the throne more than the others.

Mar
09-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Your saying someone who doesn't like your taste in music likes Katty Perry...Opinion.
I never said that. You inferred it.

Your saying people from the west coast are all about production and beat...opinion. Dre's album, if it comes out, will probably have some insane lyrical content.
Yes it will. Written by other people. Because Dre's too focused on production. Just like I said.

You assume he does not know any of the rappers you listed ...opinion.
Never said this neither.

Dr. Dre has been rapping since a teenager...I think he can put together his own song without a ghost writer...once again, your opinion or lack of knowledge when it comes to Dr. Dre saying he doesn't write any of his own shit.
Ya, rapping what other people write. He doesn't have ghost writers because he doesn't claim to write his own rhymes, he just has writers. Think about it, Dre sounds like whoever he's rapping with. When he's rapping with Eminem (Forgot About Dre), he sounds like Eminem. When with Jay-Z, he sounds like Jay-Z (The Watcher 2), when he's with Snoop, he sounds like Snoop (Still D.R.E.). Name one song he wrote completely. This isn't opinion.

What does it matter who Jay-Z references? Does that make them great? That's his opinion which your following apparantly...on top of that you say its the production quality that lacks them hitting the commercial market. Once again, a flawed opinion...the reason guys like that don't play on the radio is because they are true rappers/hiphop artists...they do not have mass appeal to your everyday radio listner...it doesn't mean they don't have great beats to rap to.
Hate much? I was just giving some background. Fact, not opinion.

Who considers Wayne so great? That's once again your opinion...most people(critics) consider Wayne over-rated but admit he sells a hell of a lot of albums. It's your opinion people watch him because Jay-Z drops a line about him...Jay-Z's line was that he was blowing up, not that he was the best rapper around...and you think Jay would still say that about wayne today after the constant garbage he has put out since the carter 3?...doubt it. Everyone knows Wayne went and recorded everything he ever wrote down...what does that matter. Being able to spit off the top of your head makes you an amazing freestyler not a better rapper then the guy writing stuff down next to you...once again, your opinion.
Ask and you shall receive. From Wikipedia:

Christian Hoard of Rolling Stone magazine considered the mixtapes Da Drought 3 and The Drought Is Over 2 "among the best albums of 2007."[4]

Vibe magazine ranked a list of 77 of Lil Wayne's songs from 2007 and ranked his verse in DJ Khaled's "We Takin Over" as his best of 2007, with "Dough Is What I Got" (a freestyle over the beat of Jay-Z's "Show Me What You Got") from Da Drought 3 the second song.[9] At the end of 2007, an MTV poll selected Lil Wayne as "Hottest MC in the Game",[27] The New Yorker magazine ranked him "Rapper of the Year",[6] and GQ magazine named him "Workaholic of the Year".[28] In 2008 he was named "Best MC" by Rolling Stone.[4] Another article, built around Lil Wayne's 2007 mixtape work, cites his creative practice as an example of postperformance creative practice.[29]

Ever hear of anyone else putting out a mixtape to be considered for best album of the year? This is their opinion, not mine, I simply stated the fact that other people thought this. Still fact.

What does the last name Carter have anything to do with Wayne being good? Once again...your opinion...and a pretty ridiculous statement.
No sense of humour? :dunno: Relax a little.

Now about the Game...doesn't have the talent others do? Once again, your OPINION. Now about your background story with him...why does that matter? I see no other way for it to be relevant other then he is rapping about life experiences and can talk about slanging and killing where Wayne on the other hand, people argue, never lived that lifestyle.
This one could be taken either way, maybe it is my opinion but it's pretty well fact if you know enough about poetry and how technical it can get. Can you say Shakespeare wasn't a good writer? Well.......I guess but you'd probably be wrong on a technical level which is what I'm referring to here. On a technical level, I don't see anyone saying Game's writing ability is up to par with the others mentioned. Yes he's good but I just don't see the same level. And this is coming from me, a guy that likes Game more than Lil' Wayne and most other rappers.

You don't like these guys you don't like rap? Once again...your OPINION. I could care less if your a "published poet" it doesn't mean your any more qulaified to say how amazing someone's word play is or who flows better on a track.
Why is published poet in quotation marks? I posted some of my writing in another thread.

No need to hate, most of what I posted is true and references back to sources. You seem really intent on having people hate Lil' Wayne, maybe you can start a protest or something. :dunno:

Hakkola
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Talib Kweli, not Kwali.

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I never said that. You inferred it.

Yes it will. Written by other people. Because Dre's too focused on production. Just like I said.

Never said this neither.

Ya, rapping what other people write. He doesn't have ghost writers because he doesn't claim to write his own rhymes, he just has writers. Think about it, Dre sounds like whoever he's rapping with. When he's rapping with Eminem (Forgot About Dre), he sounds like Eminem. When with Jay-Z, he sounds like Jay-Z (The Watcher 2), when he's with Snoop, he sounds like Snoop (Still D.R.E.). Name one song he wrote completely. This isn't opinion.

Hate much? I was just giving some background. Fact, not opinion.

Ask and you shall receive. From Wikipedia:

Ever hear of anyone else putting out a mixtape to be considered for best album of the year? This is their opinion, not mine, I simply stated the fact that other people thought this. Still fact.

No sense of humour? :dunno: Relax a little.

This one could be taken either way, maybe it is my opinion but it's pretty well fact if you know enough about poetry and how technical it can get. Can you say Shakespeare wasn't a good writer? Well.......I guess but you'd probably be wrong on a technical level which is what I'm referring to here. On a technical level, I don't see anyone saying Game's writing ability is up to par with the others mentioned. Yes he's good but I just don't see the same level. And this is coming from me, a guy that likes Game more than Lil' Wayne and most other rappers.

Why is published poet in quotation marks? I posted some of my writing in another thread.

No need to hate, most of what I posted is true and references back to sources. You seem really intent on having people hate Lil' Wayne, maybe you can start a protest or something. :dunno:

Okay...quoting something from 2008...once again I am saying...who has said that about him recently? Most critics think Wayne has turned garbage. :facepalm: I don't hate the guy, I don't like the guy...I think he had great music 3-4 years ago but hasn't done anything really outstanding since.

Speaking in "technical" terms I would say Game is a better rapper then. He has a lot more word play & metaphors, Wayne I honestly think lost his mind because all he talks about is how lifes a bitch and F the world. IMO Game has a better flow and can put his voice to different beats better then Wayne at this point in time.

Everything your saying is opinion...which is what I am saying as well. You can't say that "I THINK WAYNE IS A BETTER RAPPER BECAUSE I AM A POET AND I KNOW BOUT' THAT TECHNICAL STUFF AND PLUS HE WAS RATED BEST RAPPER OF THE YEAR 4 YEARS AGO"...it doesn't work like that. It's like saying who was better, Tupac or Biggie...everyone has their opinion my problem with your posts is that you think your opinion is right. I bet you haven't even heard half the songs from the list of artists I posted that are considered hands down some of the "greats".

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Talib Kweli, not Kwali.

Haha...good catch I didn't even see that.

Mar
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Up until now I hadn't listened to any of these albums but I just downloaded them and here's what I think:

Carter IV - It was okay, the content was pretty good but I felt it lacked production value. I think I Am Not A Human Being is his best album that I've heard, even though Tha Carter III did better commercially.

Red Album - Downloaded it but can't find it for some reason, still looking for where it went.

Watch The Throne - :eek: Hoooooooooly hell, this is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I'm halfway through it now but samples from Nina Simone, Otis Redding and James Brown? This is craziness, how the hell does he come up with half this stuff? So far it's better than what I've heard from Detox, hopefully the second half of the album is as good.

5hift
09-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

My opinion of course.

This.

As soon as I saw the thread I knew not many would like watch the throne because its not gangster and has different beats...

To quote Hova, "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" The best lyrics are found in the slower soulful songs that you guys probably didnt make it to the end of.

And whoever puts Pac at the top of any best rappers list is absolutely fucking clueless. (Unless its a list of confused guys from Baltimore screaming west side til I die).

Had to get my 2 cents in, now all the white guys from suburban Calgary can go back to their dicussion about who knows more about hip hop/rap.

5hift
09-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I think I Am Not A Human Being is his best album that I've heard, even though Tha Carter III did better commercially.

You lost what little credibility you had.

I am not a human being ...??? Really?

Mar
09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Okay...quoting something from 2008...once again I am saying...who has said that about him recently? Most critics think Wayne has turned garbage. :facepalm: I don't hate the guy, I don't like the guy...I think he had great music 3-4 years ago but hasn't done anything really outstanding since. Agree

Speaking in "technical" terms I would say Game is a better rapper then. He has a lot more word play & metaphors, Wayne I honestly think lost his mind because all he talks about is how lifes a bitch and F the world. IMO Game has a better flow and can put his voice to different beats better then Wayne at this point in time. I could probably agree with this after listening to his new album. Let me listen to R.E.D. and see how I feel then.

Everything your saying is opinion...which is what I am saying as well. You can't say that "I THINK WAYNE IS A BETTER RAPPER BECAUSE I AM A POET AND I KNOW BOUT' THAT TECHNICAL STUFF AND PLUS HE WAS RATED BEST RAPPER OF THE YEAR 4 YEARS AGO"...it doesn't work like that. It's like saying who was better, Tupac or Biggie...everyone has their opinion my problem with your posts is that you think your opinion is right. I bet you haven't even heard half the songs from the list of artists I posted that are considered hands down some of the "greats".
I don't base someone's skill level on right now, I base it on their all time performance but ya, we're saying the same thing I guess. Too similar to continue arguing.

5hift
09-07-2011, 04:05 PM
And to add...

a comparison of some of this years best hip hop albums and no mention of Kendrick Lamar' section.80???

Jsen-DC2
09-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

You lost what little credibility you had.

I am not a human being ...??? Really?

:werd:

i am not a human being was probably the only song i listened too, everything else was garbage!!!!!!

Type_S1
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM

This.

As soon as I saw the thread I knew not many would like watch the throne because its not gangster and has different beats...

To quote Hova, "Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" The best lyrics are found in the slower soulful songs that you guys probably didnt make it to the end of.

And whoever puts Pac at the top of any best rappers list is absolutely fucking clueless. (Unless its a list of confused guys from Baltimore screaming west side til I die).

Had to get my 2 cents in, now all the white guys from suburban Calgary can go back to their dicussion about who knows more about hip hop/rap.

Lol....You have never listened to Tupac apparantly...he has some of the deepest lyrics touching on some of the biggest issues, problems and mindsets of his time. He was the definition of a poet and had delivery like no one you had ever seen. He had the wordplay, metaphors and lyrical ability matched by only a few.

To each their own I suppose but go look at any hiphop critics top 10 rappers, any rap websites top 10 rappers, any true hiphop fans top 10 rappers and I garauntee you that he is on every single list right beside biggie.

brucebanner
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I've listened to two of the three albums listed. I don't listen to Wayne's stuff anymore really because I really never liked his stuff very much.

As far as The Game and Jay-Z go, I listen to them all the time and have for years. Anyone remember when Jay-Z was in Calgary in 09? He put on an unreal show (IMO). His stage presence is unmatched as far as I'm concerned. His albums are all typically good but this latest: Watch the throne.. I'm not liking it very much so far (one full listen in) but all of my buddies tell me to keep listening and that will change.

The Game, well I've been a big fan of his ever since he came out with 50. I remember years ago when he came out with The Documentary (still one of my favorite albums) and when The Game was on tour for that album, he did a show in the Maritime's and of course I went. That show was also one of my favorite I've been to. The place was packed and rockin'. Sounded every bit as good as the album did and he had unreal delievery.

As far as "greatest" rappers, that is all subjective and based on individual opinions, regardless of ten people agree or a million.

In my eyes, the list goes something like this:

Eminem
Biggie
Tupac
Jay-Z

and from there the list can kind of be bounced around for order.

Again, that is based off of what I grew up listening to and still listen to these days.

dandia89
09-07-2011, 04:52 PM
everyone forgot about eazy e?
he should be on the top 10 at least

CompletelyNumb
09-07-2011, 06:04 PM
It's all opinion. You guys may as well be arguing over what beer tastes better. :whocares:

Eminem is the most commercially successful rapper in history. Wouldn't that mean that most of the world considers him the best? :poosie:

Mar
09-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
It's all opinion. You guys may as well be arguing over what beer tastes better. :whocares:

Eminem is the most commercially successful rapper in history. Wouldn't that mean that most of the world considers him the best? :poosie:
People like Taylor Swift, it doesn't make her good.
Nelly is also commercially in the top 5 best rappers of all time, I wouldn't include him in my list neither.

borN
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I thought Watch the Throne underperformed the hype. In my opinion, I think Jay-z is losing a bit of his deadly technical touch, and that Kanye outperformed him on most levels. Not to hate on Jay because he's had a crazy successful career, but I just wasn't feeling it from him on this album.

Some songs are crazy good, some songs have a great beat but fall short lyrically, and some are just garbage to me. They just couldn't put the whole package together.

On a side note to the whole rapper debate that's going on, Nas's Illmatic is by far my favourite CD from any rapper. Not to say he's the best or anything, but it's just that good.

dandia89
09-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by borN
I thought Watch the Throne underperformed the hype. In my opinion, I think Jay-z is losing a bit of his deadly technical touch, and that Kanye outperformed him on most levels. Not to hate on Jay because he's had a crazy successful career, but I just wasn't feeling it from him on this album.

Some songs are crazy good, some songs have a great beat but fall short lyrically, and some are just garbage to me. They just couldn't put the whole package together.

On a side note to the whole rapper debate that's going on, Nas's Illmatic is by far my favourite CD from any rapper. Not to say he's the best or anything, but it's just that good.
god's son too

TeamBestBud
09-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by GQNammer

My opinion of course.

This.

:werd: :werd:

Best song off of Watch the throne where kanye and jay both kill it: Primetime.

treg50
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
What's up with this gaylord 'x vs. y vs. z' question? Who TF thinks like that?

Buy all three you cheap fucks. Each artist has fans, each artist has crap and each has good stuff. If you don't like it, don't listen, and listen to what you do like. This is as stupid as arguing which lettuce is the best lettuce.

aypi
09-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bruceod

As far as "greatest" rappers, that is all subjective and based on individual opinions, regardless of ten people agree or a million.

In my eyes, the list goes something like this:

Eminem
Biggie
Tupac
Jay-Z

and from there the list can kind of be bounced around for order.

Again, that is based off of what I grew up listening to and still listen to these days.

:werd:

i also like kanye and kid cudi.

but my top two album of all time are Marshall Mathers LP and In search of.... by N.E.R.D.

LongCity
09-08-2011, 09:46 PM
For those of you who are thinking Jay and Wayne are biggin up each other need to listen to the albums again. They're taking shots at each other...

Kavy
09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
IMO anyone who uses "best rapper" and "Lil Wayne" in the same paragraph knows absolutely nothing about hiphop.

His new album is terrible. This guy rely's on people to jump a bandwagon to like his shit. He is like the Vancouver Canucks of the hiphop world. Or better yet the Ciroc of the vodka world.

His performance on the MTV video awards was what I would compare to watching Micheal J Fox with Tourettes and a few extra chromozones.

LongCity
09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
This is Wayne:

"I'm higher than a _______"
"I'm the shit like ______"
"Weezy F Baby and the F is for _____"

Mar
09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I need to apologize for defending this piece of shit.

Tha Carter III producers:
- Kanye West
- Swizz Beatz
- Cool & Dre
- Robin Thicke
- Kanye West (again)
- David Banner
- The Alchemist

Tha Carter IV producers:
- Cool & Dre
- Cool & Dre

W...........T................F?
What the hell was he thinking? Was Kanye too busy? No Eminem? Dr. Dre? DJ Premier? He's a shitty business man, if you make retarded money on one album, put some of that back into your business, don't go buy a $2,000,000 car.

Type_S1
09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I need to apologize for defending this piece of shit.

Tha Carter III producers:
- Kanye West
- Swizz Beatz
- Cool & Dre
- Robin Thicke
- Kanye West (again)
- David Banner
- The Alchemist

Tha Carter IV producers:
- Cool & Dre
- Cool & Dre

W...........T................F?
What the hell was he thinking? Was Kanye too busy? No Eminem? Dr. Dre? DJ Premier? He's a shitty business man, if you make retarded money on one album, put some of that back into your business, don't go buy a $2,000,000 car.

:goflames:

03ozwhip
09-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Not if he didnt mention Ice Cube he doesnt

ice cube in the late 80s early 90s, not the one who steals lyrics from cypress hill...everyone has good points in this thread but the real point is, every rapper, east/west/south whatever, from the 90s and today all have different flows and theyre good in different ways.

the world has changed, theres no more gin and juice or dear mama, its all about shoes and disco balls, you cant compare the old stuff to the new stuff.

even from the old rappers liek snoop, (which IMO is fucking garbage these days), have changed to the garbage that we call rap these days just to keep the money flow going.

i dont follow new rap anymore simply because most new rap is bad autotune/country crap but i cant lie there are some decent mainstream rappers that come out with shit that isnt played on the radio that is a whole lot better than the single that they usually put out for the mainstream kids.

Mar
09-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
ice cube in the late 80s early 90s, not the one who steals lyrics from cypress hill.. They were feuding, he did it just to piss them off. Not because he had to.

03ozwhip
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Mar
They were feuding, he did it just to piss them off. Not because he had to.

im pretty sure they were feuding because of the aforementioned lyric stealing...am i totally wrong on that?

finboy
09-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

im pretty sure they were feuding because of the aforementioned lyric stealing...am i totally wrong on that?

6G_AfAm1vaQ

rawsensation
09-18-2011, 07:42 PM
And to add...

a comparison of some of this years best hip hop albums and no mention of Kendrick Lamar' section.80???

Mibz
09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't listen to hip hop, I haven't heard much of anything you guys are talking about, but this thread is probably the greatest thread on Beyond right now for raw, unbridled LOL value.

rawsensation
09-20-2011, 12:13 AM
J. Cole's album leaked, album is good so far.

http://hulkshare.com/44y8y0x7jk95

slick2404
09-20-2011, 09:50 AM
^ J Cole is the fucking man.
Totally buying that when it drops.