PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy an unlocked, old,used GSM phone?

RedDawn
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can go to buy an unlocked, old,used GSM phone?

Parents need one for travelling and we figure the $20 they would spend unlocking their crappy pre-paid phone might be able to snag them a slightly nicer used,unlocked phone.

Anyone know where I could buy one? Or, does anyone even have one stashed in their closet somewhere that they're looking to declutter?

spacerz
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
kijiji.ca?

RedDawn
09-07-2011, 08:26 PM
^

I thought it'd be that easy too. After looking on there though, they should rename the 'cell phone' section of Kijiji to 'iPhone spare parts and unlock services'. Page after page of that stuff.

eblend
09-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I got a pink unlocked moto razr if you are intersted, GSM and was used on rogers/fido. $20 bucks and it's yours

Grogador
09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Post (or have this moved) in the marketplace, I bet everyone here has a spare phone or three. Make sure it supports the right frequencies for where they're going (gsmarena/wiki can help), check that the battery holds a charge before you hit the road and that you have the right chargers/accessories. It may be easier just to get another pay-as-you-go from wherever they're going. The EU has relatively decent roaming and plans, for example...