PDA

View Full Version : US $8 trillion trade deficit *rant*

ZenOps
09-09-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.sprott.com/Docs/MarketsataGlance/2011/0811%20The%20Greatest%20Trade%20of%20All%20Time.pdf

From the mouth of Eric Sprott.

Now - does anyone truely believe that the US will pay any of it back? Even at $2 Billion for a B2 bomber (the most expensive singular piece of equipment the US has) they do not have the production ability to make more than a handful (and you also have to sucker a country into buying one at that price) A black market nuke is only about $140 million.

I can think of very few things that the US produces that I want to buy anymore. Ok, maybe three A title movies a year, so about $45 worth of DVD's (if one is impatient enough to not wait for it on netflix or cable)

Since our loonies and toonies contain as of now 2% nickel (because its in severe shortage, and too expensive to use in a $2 coin in 2011) The only thing I want seems to be US 25% nickel nickels (of which it is illegal to transport large amounts into Canada)

They used to produce an astounding amount of collectable food stamps (actual paper stamps) but when they hit about 30 million or so it became cost prohibitive to use paper - and they moved to plastic electronic food stamps.