PDA

View Full Version : Math 30 this semester

Hakkola
09-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I haven't taken a math course for at least 7 or 8 years. I'm a comp sci student and think that I should probably take Math 30 again before I attempt the uni level math courses. I'm not even sure if there is a math course I can take at them moment, I was looking at one course and prereq was 70%, I think I got 65 or something in highschool. Is there any place that I can take it this semester? It's too late to apply for it at MRU and it doesn't look like the uofc offers it.
I wouldn't mind even studying on my own then challenging the exam again. But if I can do that, will the mark on it work as the 70% prereq?

kvg
09-10-2011, 03:57 PM
SAIT and Chinook both have it, but I believe it has started at both.

Mamma_Mia
09-10-2011, 04:30 PM
You could try a math 30 night class at SAIT. They have not started yet.

http://register.sait.ca/saitApp/calendar/coned/courseContent.jsp?calendarType=All&courseCode=MATH-182&startTerm=000000

But coming from someone who was out of school for a long time and just finished all their math upgrading; good luck starting at Math 30!

bignerd
09-10-2011, 07:54 PM
You have to watch SAIT classes, not all schools accept their upgrading courses as a pre-req... SAIT upgrading classes are meant for people that want to go to SAIT. Call U of C or your Uni and ask if they will accept SAIT marks first.

You can take the self directed course at Chinook whenever you want, it is just a 6 month deadline from the date you start I believe then you would have to register to write the next provincial diploma exam.