PDA

View Full Version : How do i load images off digital camera (canon pwr shot s40)

finboy
01-22-2004, 09:34 PM
i SUCK with computers, but i need to get these images loaded.

the software they included SUCKS and won't even recognize the camera.

help please? PLEASE?

Weapon_R
01-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Do you have the cable?

If so, you should try reinstalling the software that came with the camera. Usually, when I plug my S200 in, it recognizes the camera and uploads the pics automatically.

finboy
01-22-2004, 10:11 PM
the software is CRAP, same with the instructions that came with it.

xkon
01-22-2004, 10:11 PM
if you have XP, it should recognize the cam right away? If not, the drivers should be on the CD, and you should be able to load them with or without installing the software

finboy
01-22-2004, 10:31 PM
drivers? i reinstalled the software, camera is plugged in and on, still nothing.

what software is everyone using?

Rotorite
01-22-2004, 10:56 PM
I have the canon s400 (I actually just d/l images off it lol) I got 2 cds, one with important stuff (zoombrowser EX, and some other cd I didnt bother installing) On the cd with zoombrowser EX there should be drivers, files that tell computer what your hooking up. and the software to actually pull the pics off the camera. I think when I installed zoombrowser ex it installed the drivers as well.. well hopefully things work out for u!

finboy
01-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Rotorite
I have the canon s400 (I actually just d/l images off it lol) I got 2 cds, one with important stuff (zoombrowser EX, and some other cd I didnt bother installing) On the cd with zoombrowser EX there should be drivers, files that tell computer what your hooking up. and the software to actually pull the pics off the camera. I think when I installed zoombrowser ex it installed the drivers as well.. well hopefully things work out for u!

didn't work...i think

Moonracer
01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Make sure you install all the software if you are not sure, the programs it comes with are actually pretty good. You'll figure it out. :thumbsup:

Khyron
01-22-2004, 11:56 PM
My fuji doesn't need the software - you might be lucky as well. Plug the camera in and make sure it's on usb send or whatever, then look if you have any new drives (E, F, G, etc). Some cameras act just like removable disks and you can just cut and paste the pics to your harddrive.

Khyron

finboy
01-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
My fuji doesn't need the software - you might be lucky as well. Plug the camera in and make sure it's on usb send or whatever, then look if you have any new drives (E, F, G, etc). Some cameras act just like removable disks and you can just cut and paste the pics to your harddrive.

Khyron

nope, damn junk i say

finboy
01-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Make sure you install all the software if you are not sure, the programs it comes with are actually pretty good. You'll figure it out. :thumbsup:

still not working, everyone else in my family has just been going to london drugs to get them put on disc. i'm too lazy to do that, i hate computers :banghead:

fast95pony
01-23-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm useless at computer stuff too, and I had no problems when I bought my Canon A60 . Downloading could not be simpler.
Is the camera turned on ?? Are the batteries fully charged ??
Is the USB connection nice and tight??

Khyron
01-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Well when you plug in a USB device, some sort of screen usually pops up - or at least a new icon down in the systray by your clock. If you don't see anything, then you should look at the actual cable, maybe your USB ports are disabled, or your camera isn't on send mode. Got anyone elses computer to try it on?

Khyron

Moonracer
01-23-2004, 12:13 AM
We need info mang, what's happening???