PDA

View Full Version : Passenger nightmare results in real-life rollover nightmare

Markham
09-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Hey guys

This is one of the weirdest news stories we've ever run. The wife screams, the husband loses control of the vehicle and all heck breaks loose...

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2011/09/passenger-nightmare-results-in-real-life-rollover-nightmare/

Markham

D'z Nutz
09-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Markham
This is one of the weirdest news stories we've ever plagiarized.

Fixed that for you.

gretz
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi guys... I helped make this...

A sleeping passenger who screamed out while having a nightmare set off a chain of events that resulted in a serious rollover accident on highway 16 near Vegreville on Saturday afternoon.
EMS, Fire and RCMP emergency services were called to the scene about 8 Km east of Vegreville. Motorists also stopped to assist the occupants of the SUV that had rolled into the ditch. One of the passersby was a nurse who was able to help the injured.
Cst. Curtis Harsulla of the Vegreville RCMP says that one of the passengers was sleeping in the SUV, had a nightmare and screamed which startled the driver, causing him to lose control of the vehicle. The driver nearly drove off the road, was able to pull back onto the driving lanes, but drifted sideways and then rolled three times, eventually coming to rest in the south ditch. No other vehicles were struck during the rollover.
Two of the three occupants of the SUV were trapped inside the car. The Vegreville Fire Department had to use the jaws of life to cut out the 30-year old driver and 31-year old female passenger, both of whom are from Lloydminster. A four year old boy was in a child seat in the back seat of the vehicle and was not seriously injured. All occupants of the car were taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Vegreville where they were treated for minor injuries and released later that evening.
Police believe that neither alcohol, speed, weather nor distracted driving were believed to be contributing factors involved in the above incident.

C_Dave45
09-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Hahaha...kind of a twist on a joke we used to always pull on friends who'd fall asleep in the passenger seats. When there was no traffic around, ie; long stretches of boring highway, the driver would hammer the brakes and scream. Watching your sleepong friend react was hilarious! One time there was a semi tractor being towed (so the front is facing you as you're following it). We got real close and then screamed at the top of our lungs. Friend wakes up to see a semi truck coming at him, not 10 feet from us!! Hahahaha.

spikerS
09-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Hahaha...kind of a twist on a joke we used to always pull on friends who'd fall asleep in the passenger seats. When there was no traffic around, ie; long stretches of boring highway, the driver would hammer the brakes and scream. Watching your sleepong friend react was hilarious! One time there was a semi tractor being towed (so the front is facing you as you're following it). We got real close and then screamed at the top of our lungs. Friend wakes up to see a semi truck coming at him, not 10 feet from us!! Hahahaha.

Hahahaha! we do the same thing.

Growing up my dad would be driving me around, and all of a sudden, would just scream "look out" and throw his arm across my chest in a bid to keep me from flying out of the seat when he caught me day dreaming. would scare the fuck out of me.

G-ZUS
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
I wish that was Markhams wife that screamed, if he even had one.

Isaiah
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
I wish that was Markhams wife that screamed, if he even had one.
Settle down. That crossed the line.

DGill
09-19-2011, 12:30 PM
I wish Markham was the car....

rx7boi
09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Fuck you Markham

1barA4
09-19-2011, 02:08 PM
^
That was the most epic chain of 4 "I hate you Markham" posts, culminating in "Fuck you Markham"

This is why I love Beyond

Gibson
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Haha, we were the first paper to print this story last week and then the wire picked it up and it went national.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2011/09/13/18680681.html

Timeliness is key.

nismodrifter
09-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Thanks for the suggestion. That shit is hilarious haha. Will do next time I'm on a trip

M.alex
09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
kZwhNFOn4ik%26%61%75%74%6F%70%6C%61%79%3D%31

Davex
09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
omg alex lololol

Shlade
09-19-2011, 05:42 PM
LOL WTF!! I was listening to music and this went on! I couldnt figure it out till I scrolled down!

M.alex
09-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
LOL WTF!! I was listening to music and this went on! I couldnt figure it out till I scrolled down!

R3sp3ct t3h cr0c

Hakkola
09-19-2011, 08:00 PM
So many tabs open, it took some detective work to figure out wtf was going on you prick. I thought it was some retarded ad or something.

Catchy though. Interior crocodile alligator, I drive a Chevrolet movie theater.

Ear worm. :guns:

DGill
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
there should be a thread dedicated to shit talking Markham, only because Markham deserves it. Fuckin Markham.

dirtsniffer
09-19-2011, 09:25 PM
whered that thread go where you had 4 playing together?
and you should tell me how to do the auto play

Maybelater
09-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
I added music to this thread :)

Man I opened this thread and was very confused where the music was coming from.

acura_el
09-19-2011, 09:59 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9984169.jpg

ekguy
09-19-2011, 11:35 PM
honestly the first post ever from alex that i find completely appropriate for the thread haha.

M.alex
09-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
whered that thread go where you had 4 playing together?
and you should tell me how to do the auto play

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/341074/make-your-own-video-collage-here/

Originally posted by ekguy
honestly the first post ever from alex that i find completely appropriate for the thread haha.

P3ALwKeSEYs%26%61%75%74%6F%70%6C%61%79%3D%31

Weasel
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Hmm, my browser doesn't start playing it until I scroll over the video.