PDA

View Full Version : Review: Calgary Autospa

npham
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Stupidly, I purchased a voucher from TeamBuy for a $29 wash and cleaning of the interior. This place is terrible. The kids working there could not give a shit about the cars they are working on and take absolutely no pride in their work.

Stay the fuck away from Calgary Autospa.

I go to their shop, and they were able to get me in early which was great but that's when the issues began. I asked them to remove some decals, fill in some paint chips with a paint pen and they let me know removing dog hair was extra. We agreed on $45 extra for these items and it didn't sound unreasonable to me so I agreed.

The car was completed extremely quickly to my surprise, and I knew why after looking over the car. I quickly pointed out spots to the guy looking after me, so he had one of the detailers come out and get rid of some of the places they missed. Detailer finished and I went to my car to leave again but I decided to look the car over again. This is when I started to find so much bullshit that I requested a refund.

Simple things like spraying/washing the wheel wells, or cleaning the lower part of the side skirts(running your finger underneath covered my hand in dirt), or the water spots and scratches all over the car was the icing on the cake. Thankfully, the guy looking after me was sympathetic and asked me if I wanted to apply my voucher for some other services (power polish and 3M which I asked to be quoted for earlier) but how was I going to bring my car back here after the shitshow on a simple wash and rinse job. I asked for my money back on the additional work that was done and he agreed.

Driving home made things so much worse. Sitting in traffic gave me all the time in the world to notice how things were not wiped down on the dash, or the streaks and water marks on the windshield(inside the cabin and outside), residue on the door handles from product not being cleaned properly, missed spots while vacuuming, and I could go on and on. $5-10 at a wand wash plus an half hour of vacuuming would have been a better idea in hindsight.

Get refunds for these vouchers ASAP, because now I have to find someone to properly power polish the swirls they left from their dirty drying towels.

TLDR; Don't take your car there.

M.alex
09-14-2011, 07:19 PM
No shit, what do you expect for a $29 wash.

A proper (i.e., marr-free) wash will take me at least 1hr to do. 1 1/2hrs if I'm also doing wheels and inside.

npham
09-14-2011, 08:01 PM
You volunteering to wash my car?

nobb
09-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Can't expect too much out of a $30 wash. They may sell these vouchers such that the margin is very small, but they still have to make money.

You can only get a good job if you do it yourself, or spend the big bucks for a professional.

M.alex
09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by npham
You volunteering to wash my car?

For $100, sure. :)

But for a labor-intensive art-form like detailing, you should darn well know you're going to get what you pay for and shouldn't be surprised at the results if you're paying $20 for 1-2hrs of labor.

npham
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Haha, sure if you are power polishing afterwards as well.

But the main point here is to stay the fuck away from them if you are planning on spending $30 or $300 there.

Disoblige
09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
You're lucky they didn't damage your car.

*cough*

max_boost
09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Yea you get what you pay for. Jed at Mobile Reflections FTW!

M.alex
09-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yea you get what you pay for. Jed at Mobile Reflections FTW!

Post delete in 3....2.........1 :rofl: