PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a refrigerator?

blibbertibs
09-16-2011, 11:24 AM
I was wondering if you guys could help me add to the list of places that sell fridges. So far I've browsed:
-Home Depot
-Sears
-Futureshop

Where else do they sell fridges? I'm stumped.

Mitsu3000gt
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Trail Appliances

Masked Bandit
The Brick & Leons usually have some decent sales on cheap stuff. Are you looking for something high end or your basement?

Kloubek
Hmmm... that's a tough one.

Not sure if they'd have what you're looking for, but an appliance store might be a good place to start.

kamakurakid
09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
If they are selling the demo model it is a good deal, I bought one at 40% off and it was good as gold. Ask when shopping around. Unlike a demo TV, fridges are never turned on in the showroom. Watch out for power bill costs, these add up over the ten years you ought to get out of a fridge. Skip the door water thingy and ice maker, just adds to the repair costs when these things go tits up... and they do.

JRSC00LUDE
09-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Coast Wholesale typically has a good selection but honestly, over the years I've found great deals on good models of appliances at both Sears and The Bay.

blibbertibs
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Looking for one that's stainless steel with french doors.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Sugarphreak
09-16-2011, 12:41 PM

Kloubek
09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Unrelated type of place, but this summer my wife and I were in the asian store on the corner inside Eau Claire, and a few things she wanted. She offered the worker there a slightly better deal, and the worker was like... "What do you think this is... a Mexican Market?! The price is the price!!"

We walked out without anything. I've actually never tried negotiating better pricing from electronics stores before...

Sugarphreak
09-16-2011, 01:00 PM

Abeo
09-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Coast was able to get me a great price on a freezer (that no one else could match), but their customer service was shit (was supposed to get the freezer the next week, ended up being 8+ weeks and the wrong freezer).

masoncgy
09-16-2011, 01:47 PM
^ That's surprising that you would have that kind of wait for a freezer. Was it a frost-free upright or something?

We are usually very quick to get that sort of product in.

OP: You have plenty of options in a stainless steel french door. Do you want ice & water on the door?

Abeo
09-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
^ That's surprising that you would have that kind of wait for a freezer. Was it a frost-free upright or something?

We are usually very quick to get that sort of product in.

Was a basic energy-star rated horizontal freezer to go in the basement. Sales lady basically sold me something she couldn't get, and took 5 weeks of "should be here next week" until she told me she couldn't get it. Talked to her manager, he didn't seem concerned about her actions, and didn't try to hard too fix the situation.

/thread hijack

GREENBOY
09-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Coast scratch and dent is the way forward. Some decent deals there.

tictactoe2004
09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Unrelated type of place, but this summer my wife and I were in the asian store on the corner inside Eau Claire, and a few things she wanted. She offered the worker there a slightly better deal, and the worker was like... "What do you think this is... a Mexican Market?! The price is the price!!"

We walked out without anything. I've actually never tried negotiating better pricing from electronics stores before...

hahahahah, unless it's a gas station or supermarket I always try to negotiate. I almost always end up getting a better deal.

masoncgy
09-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Negotiation is all a part of the game when it comes to big ticket items. There are so many players in the market with so many products to offer... it makes sense to do your homework and ask for a deal.

I always go to bat for my clients... just as I would expect my sales reps in whatever industry to go to bat for me as a client.

After all, who doesn't like a good deal? :thumbsup:

Toyota Racing
09-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Sears is good if they don't have the fridge you want in stock they can lower the price on the other fridge you want. Worked for my microwave :D