PDA

View Full Version : problem with stereo cutting out

James
01-23-2004, 06:52 AM
The other day my stereo started to act up ( among other things on my car:banghead: ) , the Sub started cutting in and out, sometimes it would work for 20 minutes, sometimes 20 seconds. I'm pretty sure i have checked everything.... the ground looks fine, all the connections to the deck are fine, fuses ok, amp connections ok, amp to sub speaker wires ok etc.., and now the rear speakers cut out too,(which dosnt make sense at all :confused: ) so all i have right now is front speakers so it sounds retarded, I just unplugged the sub for now( speaker wire from amp to sub)....any ideas? or anything else i can check?

That.Guy.S30
01-23-2004, 10:13 AM
check the deck.. seems like that is the culprit

^SkylinE^
01-23-2004, 04:54 PM
make sure that the remote wire from your deck to your amp is not severed this happened to me once it would cut in and out all the time.

88CRX
01-23-2004, 04:57 PM
mine did this.... my rca's were vibrating out of the back of the deck :thumbsdow

yohan4ws
01-26-2004, 08:45 AM
For sure, check the back of the deck ..

IF the wiring harness (plug) going into the deck is pushing on something it can create a loose connection. I've had this happen before with one of the rear speakers ..

If its just the sub have you adjusted the gains or anything like that since this problem started? It could be clipping .. try turning the gain down and see how it works ..

Hash_man
01-26-2004, 02:26 PM
I had this problem a little while back, turned out it was the fuse under the hood in the power wire. It was broken at the end, so by looking at it you could not tell it was toast, and the worst part is it only happened some of the time.

Also check your connections at the back of the deck, and check your speaker wire after that for any shorts, splits, or anything in the wire.